A couple of questions on MCAT advantage onsite course

Discussion in 'Kaplan MCAT Forum' started by stevenboi27, Jun 15, 2012.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. stevenboi27

stevenboi27

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I hope a Kaplan representative can answer some of my questions. I am interested in taking a course for the summer of 2013. I was wondering when the course codes and schedules for onsite courses being offered for that summer will be released. Additionally, what materials will I have access to if I am planning to take the MCAT advantage-onsite course? Will these materials such as books be distributed on the first day of the course?
  2. eggs13

eggs13 Lift Heavy, Get Tough

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    not sure when the codes will be posted, but in the past your books are mailed to you pretty quickly after you sign up for the class.
  3. KaplanPatrick

KaplanPatrick Elite Kaplan Instructor Exhibitor

SDN Sponsor SDN Exhibitor SDN 2+ Year Member
  4. stevenboi27

stevenboi27

SDN 2+ Year Member
    I have 2 more question. So I was given a full course certificate to take any Kaplan onsite class for free. This certificate was given to me 2 years ago and will be expiring at the end of 2013. Unfortunately, the person who I'm supposed to contact to redeem the certificate no longer works with Kaplan. How else can I redeem this certificate then? I am not ready to redeem the certificate yet since I am planning to take a class in summer of 2013 but I would still like to know the answer to my question for future reference. My last question is what specific books are included in the book kit that will be mailed to me after I sign up for the course and is it necessary to purchase additional books/materials besides the ones provided by Kaplan in order to adequately prepare for the test? Thanks!
  5. eggs13

eggs13 Lift Heavy, Get Tough

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    you get one book each for physics, gen chem, o chem, biology, and one for verbal reasoning/writing. you also get quick sheets that have a lot of quick facts/formulas and flashcards, as well as access to online materials (practice questions/tests/passages). I also purchased the exam crackers 101 verbal passages book for extra verbal work because that was my weakness, but i was able to score an 14 and 12 on the science sections strictly using the kaplan science books