A Few of My Favourite Things! WW Sign-Ups & Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How familiar are you with Reddit?

• Extremely familiar

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Somewhat familiar

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • I browse occasionally.

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • What's a "reddit"?

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wildzoo, did you know I was interpreting it correctly that chaos could win with either side and just using dvmd's doubt about it to get me lynched?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd also just really like to thank everyone for playing. This has been really amusing for me, and really been one of the only bright points in a really ****ing horrible rotation these last two weeks. The game was written pretty damn quickly and may not have been the most polished, but I hope you at least found it fun. :)

I don't have any formal superlatives for the end of this one, but I have to call out a couple people.

@Lupin21 for making one of the most beautifully self-serving items that unfortunately never came into play. Tell them about it. She also did a fabulous job as neutral wolf support even when she had no clue who she was working with. :D

@Teepster87 for dealing with being a singleton chaos player, and for really beasting out his EON records. He pretty much only recorded wolves, including WZ killing after conversion. He also expressed regret for not giving the records to the villagers even after you lynched him, so he's a much nicer person than me.

@kcoughli for best use of a role. Hot damn, you seered the wolf seer, protected successfully (although RNG has you beat - two times people were saved by the psychedelic tiger!) and the block was appropriately anti-villager. As blocking should be. God I hate blocking. I think I might hate redirecting after this game, too.

@WildZoo for just a really impressive and amusing time as a somewhat Hail Mary wolf convert.​
What about me for entertaining you with my pointless role? :D

Members don't see this ad :)
You were pretty fabulous. :D I personally really like those roles because you get to puzzle **** out without being a big target, plus fun gifs! Sorry it wasn't the most strategic around lol.
I prefer them. If I die, no big deal, so I can make a big splash

I was turned into the karmalen pie at the end...

Wildzoo, did you know I was interpreting it correctly that chaos could win with either side and just using dvmd's doubt about it to get me lynched?

It isn't so much "doubt" in just that chaos most of the time has a separate win condition. I would and will every game that I know chaos is in find them and lynch them.

Even if I had been directly told by the mods that teep could have won with us, I'd still have lynched him. The kills were too much.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for not lynching me villagers! I did my best to play nice and put the village first, I'm trying to get better at not doing the whole "MJ is always chaos, regardless of affiliation" thing.

It was indeed a fun role for me. Lots of photoshop involved and sadly, my item that I made the night I first died never came to fruition to bring me back again, but the hope of coming back made the watching fun.

Rainbow Connection business card- If you die with this card in your possession, please call this number: (888) 555-2127 ext 19 and hope to dog that someone picks up.

This item will be self serving in that if I am dead when a person is lynched or night killed with this item in their possession, I will be brought back to life and the person who died will be able to PM with me for the rest of the game. I will also take on the affiliation of the card holder to add some fun.

Reactions: 3 users

Yeah I most likely wouldn't have let Hayley do that if I didn't know the game end was nigh, though. Or at least I would have thought about it a bunch more, or had a solid chance of failure, something like that.

The only thing that could have possibly turned the game around was if Lupin was still alive and made some sort of healing item, then RNG gave it to WZ. Really ****ing long shot.

Reactions: 1 user
It isn't so much "doubt" in just that chaos most of the time has a separate win condition. I would and will every game that I know chaos is in find them and lynch them.

Even if I had been directly told by the mods that teep could have won with us, I'd still have lynched him. The kills were too much.
except when you are chaos, then you try to claim that you shouldn't die (re: @Chillbo Baggins my little pony debacle)

Those roles that are basically vanilla but still give you something to do are my favorites. Very liberating.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I most likely wouldn't have let Hayley do that if I didn't know the game end was nigh, though. Or at least I would have thought about it a bunch more, or had a solid chance of failure, something like that.

The only thing that could have possibly turned the game around was if Lupin was still alive and made some sort of healing item, then RNG gave it to WZ. Really ****ing long shot.
yeah, I figured it was a really weird end game thing to do, which is why I questioned you on it...

It was indeed a fun role for me. Lots of photoshop involved and sadly, my item that I made the night I first died never came to fruition to bring me back again, but the hope of coming back made the watching fun.

Rainbow Connection business card- If you die with this card in your possession, please call this number: (888) 555-2127 ext 19 and hope to dog that someone picks up.

This item will be self serving in that if I am dead when a person is lynched or night killed with this item in their possession, I will be brought back to life and the person who died will be able to PM with me for the rest of the game. I will also take on the affiliation of the card holder to add some fun.

I got that card once!

Yeah I was surprised you accepted it, and that's another reason I was getting nervous that you only okay'd it because Rojo was a wolf or something.

By the way THANKS TRILT! I had so much fun with this role (and game!) - my favorite role in a WW game yet ! :D

WZ - if you were able to get Kcough lynched and then Kill Jilary, you would have gotten the business card, most likely would have gotten lynched that day, and would have revived lupin (as a wolf). Me and Trilt were both crossing our fingers that happened lol.

I mean, that's fine. Just in this particular game - where I DID specifically say Chaos could win with either side:
RULES:
  1. If your role description or chat title does not say otherwise, you are a VILLAGER.
  2. PMing: You may pick one person in your group and open a PM with them by the end of N1. (It's not required, but both Ashgirl and I would love to be included! :)) Choose carefully... this is your buddy for the rest of the game, and you may not PM with anyone else unless you have an ability or item acted upon you. If they die, tough cookies.
  3. I would strongly prefer you to not edit posts beyond typos. In any case, definitely don't mess with lynch votes after you've posted them.
  4. Put off-topic posts in ******* please!
  5. If there is a really overwhelming majority and almost everyone seems to have voted, lynch may close early... but generally night/lynch deadlines will be 7AM/9PM EST. No plurality rules. Please try and get your night actions in during the evening instead of morning, if you can, as it makes my life that much easier.
  6. Trilt peeve: pretty please don't make strategic posts after evening lynch is closed, but before the write-up is done. Treat it like a morning.
NOTE: There is a chaos player in this game. They may win with either wolves or villagers.

...it cost you guys two cycles and like five non-wolf deaths. Obvs doesn't matter when you slaauughtterrr the original wolves the way you did, but it really wasn't the best strategic move in this instance. :shrug:

I mean, that's fine. Just in this particular game - where I DID specifically say Chaos could win with either side:

...it cost you guys two cycles and like five non-wolf deaths. Obvs doesn't matter when you slaauughtterrr the original wolves the way you did, but it really wasn't the best strategic move in this instance. :shrug:
And when a convert decides to fall on the sword for an original that wasn't close to being lynched....

latest

I still wanna know the story behind the PBC fiasco?
What I said about holding a wolf-grudge isn't true anymore though, I had pretty much gone through the 5 Stages by the time I died :laugh:

Sad my "Tombstone's Original 10 Egyptian Plagues Pizza" didn't make it in the game.

Because I was killed that night by chaos....

And I am probably the most pro-chaos player there is...

Reactions: 3 users
WZ - if you were able to get Kcough lynched and then Kill Jilary, you would have gotten the business card, most likely would have gotten lynched that day, and would have revived lupin (as a wolf). Me and Trilt were both crossing our fingers that happened lol.
:eek: holy ****.

how'd she come up with that conclusion? it essentially gave away gwen, not save her...

:lol:

I guess i'll be the only one that pulled a rojo...
No one was answering in the Wolf thread, so she went with her gut. It wasn't her brightest hour, but at least she learned from it :)

:eek: holy ****.
doesn't seem very random now does it ;)

Sad my "Tombstone's Original 10 Egyptian Plagues Pizza" didn't make it in the game.

Because I was killed that night by chaos....

And I am probably the most pro-chaos player there is...

Really sad...

tumblr_inline_nksqzbkmjT1rc45xl.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Trilt, it was a fantastic game! And that last play by WZ was so brilliant, even if it didn't work. GG everyone!
Villagers idiot savanted a move that was a total STL play, like exactly the kind of thing he would do in that situation ;) Bummed me out real bad.

And i got blocked both nights i was getting boosted

It really is too bad you guys thought I was a higher priority kill out of hayley and everyone else. I mean, I thought I was being pretty obvious that I was not a threat. :(
I was sad when they decided to kill you. I really really wanted you to stay alive and cause more chaos :(

I never trusted that MJ redirected you, so you weren't cleared in my mind...
But grrr, it was so ingenious! Getting MJ to redirect himself on the night, having him kill himself, and leaving everyone else to know that he was supposed to redirect WZ. I thought it would have bought her 1-2 days. Then you guys idiot savanted it :(

And WZ - I was actually against converting you. I thought it wasn't the best move, but you did well for yourself ( against converting not you as a player, just your situation in the game)

It really is too bad you guys thought I was a higher priority kill out of hayley and everyone else. I mean, I thought I was being pretty obvious that I was not a threat. :(
You were also not under any suspicion and unlikely to be protected. You weren't higher priority, i just couldn't afford to have a failed kill.

But grrr, it was so ingenious! Getting MJ to redirect himself on the night, having him kill himself, and leaving everyone else to know that he was supposed to redirect WZ. I thought it would have bought her 1-2 days. Then you guys idiot savanted it :(

And WZ - I was actually against converting you. I thought it wasn't the best move, but you did well for yourself ( against converting not you as a player, just your situation in the game)
I just took a calculated gambit at the end that we had enough turns to clear which of the people was a wolf, and she was the least important of the people it could have been, hence my question for the little bastards worked really well...