A few of my USMLE lectures...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Phloston

Osaka, Japan
Removed
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've recently started doing USMLE lectures at my school here in Australia.

In no way do I plan on posting my Powerpoints here to SDN on a continual basis, as I recognize that's not the purpose of this forum, but I thought I'd just upload a few that I've done recently to see what people think.

As opposed to just listing mundane info like typical SoM lectures, I aim to specifically portray material the way it is tested through questions.

~Phloston

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• USMLE
    277.6 KB · Views: 5,212
  • USMLE
    234.4 KB · Views: 2,941
  • USMLE
    302.5 KB · Views: 2,961
Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Have you thought about being a possible private tutor to your local medical school?

Thanks for uploading these homie...do you have anything anatomy related - lymph node drainage, high yield concepts, etc etc? :naughty::love:

Members don't see this ad :)

In no way do I plan on posting my Powerpoints here to SDN on a continual basis, as I recognize that's not the purpose of this forum, but I thought I'd just upload a few that I've done recently to see what people think.

As opposed to just listing mundane info like typical SoM lectures, I aim to specifically portray material the way it is tested through questions.

~Phloston

Does anyone else have problem opening them?
I am trying mac os to open and file comes broken!:(

These are very well done. Thank you for the post and your contribution to the forum.

I wish i had someone in my med school doing something similar.
You 're the man!
Respect

thanks a lot man!

and i think i speak for many of us when i say that we wouldn't mind you posting more of these.

I have a Mac and the files download with the .html extension appended. So if you download on a mac, just delete the html so your extension is .pptx.

~Phloston

GREAT!!!!, now one more thing I'm compelled to study before my exams - do these ever end??? lol... just playing. thanks man

Pholston is the Conrad Fischer for Step 1.

Dude keep posting this stuff.

Hope you are getting some big benjamins off your school in exchange for this work.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Pholston is the Conrad Fischer for Step 1.

Dude keep posting this stuff.

Hope you are getting some big benjamins off your school in exchange for this work.

not even...that's a slap in the face to P...CFischer is by far the most annoying man through the whole series. I'm hoping there won't be many muscle physio, gi physio, or endocrine physio questions. his antics just distract me from learning the material properly.

they should have the respiratory/cardio prof take over fischer's portions...or ask raymond (lol) to take over...either two would do a much better than fischer...

Can you post something for Cardio physiology, Neurology, and Anatomy that is high yield for USMLE? THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I enjoyed these as well and would love to see more. I'll probably add some kind of color-coding for myself, maybe paste in some images - editing as I go is just how I like to study. These are good as they are though. Now I will definitely not miss any questions about Gram +, - , or antibiotics (~2 months out from my test day)! Bravo Phloston!!

These are truly awesome and catered so specifically to what we need to know.

Would very much appreciate any/all that you are willing to share :)

I wholehartedly support more of these! You are amazing pholston

...and this person created an account just to say that...

I figure that speaks volumes enough, but I'll go ahead and add in my "thank you, you're amazing!!!!" anyway.

Seriously, feel free to post more. Those 3 are money.

my first post to thank you for this..amazing points that I might have skipped over otherwise

Last edited:
Why not use animations rather than 100 gradually increasing lines of text? :p

I like it, though. Higher yield stuff for after people have went through the class or FA. Some of the stuff you mentioned looks like it came straight from my (very detailed) class lecture notes, so it's nice to have somebody pick through the minutiae.

Last edited:
Phloston. You're an amazing human being. Thank you for the powerpoint lectures. I totally appreciate them and I'm sure everyone else does.

Thank you.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

wow these are incredible.

you said that you don't plan on posting more because that is not the purpose of these forums. as you can tell, i'm sure no one would oppose if you continued to post everything!

or if you don't want, maybe you can upload it to a dropbox or something and give us access?

if the main reason is that you do not want to share material you are using for your teaching (which would be completely understandable), then you don't have to keep posting them.

thanks again :)

wow these are incredible.

you said that you don't plan on posting more because that is not the purpose of these forums. as you can tell, i'm sure no one would oppose if you continued to post everything!

or if you don't want, maybe you can upload it to a dropbox or something and give us access?

if the main reason is that you do not want to share material you are using for your teaching (which would be completely understandable), then you don't have to keep posting them.

thanks again :)

I agree. These are fantastic and it would be sweet to have access to any others that you made, either here on SDN or elsewhere.

Agree with the others. These are really well done and I appreciate you taking the time to post them. Thank you.

18 hours of lecture video couldn't even teach me half of what I quickly picked up from here.

EXCELLENT! Thank you very much for your efforts.

no lie a virology lecture would be nice caus im bein pretty lazy about reading that in FA

Awesome work Pholston! I don't think anyone will mind if you share any additional knowledge you can with us :).

Thank you so much, these look great. I was just wondering if you have anything that relates to UE anatomy?

I'm just chipping away at my BRS book, but it isn't sticking for some reason. I guess I just have to draw it out again and again.