A few questions about the Sn2ed schedule (and potential modifications)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clothcut

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm done with all my pre-reqs and I officially intend to begin studying on the 1st of Jan (4/26 test date). However, I was a little concerned-- combined with reading the chapters, doing passages, AND reviewing passages the next day, on average, how long should I expect to see myself studying for? I work in the afternoons so it'd help to have a sense of this so I can frame a study schedule.

Also, are there any slight modifications that people here found helpful to the schedule? I was looking around the forum and saw that people didn't really like BR Bio passages for some reason? What would be a better alternative, then?

Lastly, are the BR/EK books good enough at explaining content conceptually that I won't need to spend extra time on videos for the most part (e.g. - Khan Academy, Chad's videos)? I ask because I've often relied on these videos when the textbooks I've used were shoddy, but a lot of the material is still relatively fresh.

THANKS! :)

Members don't see this ad.

The BR books are amazing but some chapters are extremely long. Since I'm starting my second semester in january I went through each chapter from each book and decided whether it was doable or whether id have to do half a chapter a day. I figured cramming the chapters in one day wouldn't be wise since ill be in school AND on top of reading the chapter you're reviewing verbal passages and the chapter passages you did the day before. Quality over quantity! its a lot of work but after two weeks in I already feel more prepared for this beastly test. I took the 3 month plan and divided each passage that was really long into two...this made it longer and now its long enough to be a 4month plan.

Good luck!! Hope this helped a little..

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using SDN Mobile