A few questions for working professionals to support a paper I'm writing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LifeIsGood7885

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello working healthcare professionals!
I am writing a paper for my undergraduate English class that requires me to interview the subjects of my paper so it is an extension of their thoughts and voices. My subject is on the consequences for the public (aka patients) due to the rising costs of a healthcare education. I present both the students as victims because they accumulate such a massive amount of debt that it might change the way they have to practice (think about specialization in the medical field because the return on investment for general practitioners is lower) and also the public as victimized since they will ultimately bear the brunt of these costs through their insurance premiums, taxes, and out-of-pocket expenses for their healthcare. I've listed some questions below, so please answer any that you are comfortable talking about. If you have any other thoughts surrounding the issue, I would love to hear those as well. Thank you so much in advance!

What field are you in, and what made you want to pursue that career?

Which school did you attend and what was the cost of attendance (tuition and fees) for each year?

What is the minimum monthly payment for your loans?

Have you had to make any sacrifices in your lifestyle, where you live, or your choice of employer as a result of your debt?

Are you self employed or what type of business do you work for?

If you have debt, has the stress of your debt changed the way you practice in any way? How do you manage the stress associated with your debt?

Do you regret your choice to pursue this career?

Do you feel that patients are usually "engaged" and want or demand to know exactly why certain procedures cost a certain amount, or are patients usually more "passive" and accept that insurance will take care of it for them?

What do you enjoy about your career?

Members don't see this ad.