A home in Akron, OH?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

takotsubo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I matched in Akron, OH and will be there for 4 years. Does anyone have any opinion on the real estate market out there? I'm interested in purchasing a house but i know that i will for sure leave after 4 years. I have heard the real estate market in Ohio has taken a dive in the last few years and I just don't want to be stuck with a house I can't get rid over in 4 years. :scared: Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

My aunt lives in Akron and she is a real estate agent out there. If you'd like, PM Me and you can contact her and ask her about the market in that area. I know my uncle has a beautiful home there and it is rather extravagant compared to other homes. I believe it's valued around $350k.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd check REO's, foreclosures and whatnot in OH. I did a search for bank-owned properties at the bank that used to have our mortgage, OH was riddled with REO's.

Yeah...I would say that is a little extravagant for my wallet. I was looking at 150K.

I bought a home in Erie, PA for $85k and I think it's wonderful. Albeit I am doing some renovations to make it a bit nicer. You can get homes in the same range in Akron. I was just stating my uncle has a really nice big home for $350 whereas in NYC, where I'm from, his same house would cost $1 million.