A little help please?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that everyone has started studying, which psyc/soc book seems to be the best? Kaplan or TPR?? I've been using TPR for all my other content, but still need to buy a psych/soc book. And I have no idea which one to buy! I would appreciate any help!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the Kaplan texts but I haven't opened them yet (starting Kaplan on-site in a few weeks). My take on the psych/soci is that it will be mostly intuitive applications of the information, but thats just me (social science major, healthcare worker). Truthfully, I don't think heavy duty review for this section will truly be necessary, but again- thats just me.

I have Kaplan and I like it so far. Really easy to read and understand. They have "MCAT Concept Checks" after each section to review the main ideas, and stand-alone questions at the end of each chapter. No passages though.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah. To be fair, I have a very strong background in psychology, but I still think you'd benefit more from understanding concepts vs. knowing every theory out there.