A Question regarding continuing studying human medicine in Austria or Germany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Helmutnl

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I want to continue my medical study in either Germany or Austria.
I am a non EU student, and I have already completed three years of study.
Would Germany be better or Austria regarding difficulty of accreditation of my previous studies?
And which of these two countries would be cheaper to study basically?
Which of them would probably offer more job opportunities during the study (Studentenjob) in order to finance the studies?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
anyone has an idea about studying human medicine in Austria and Germany?

Austria is 100% free of tuition. Recently, Germany has abolished its tuition fee as well. So both countries are tuition-free!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,
I am not 100% sure about Austria.
I've read somewhere recently that it charges 700€ from Non-EU Students per semester.
Do you have info about job prospects during studies in Austria? I mean like in restaurants, libraries and such, in order to finance the study there? Since Germany obviously seems to have more job opportunities.
Do you also have info about where it's fairly easier to enrol in medicine between Austria or Germany?

I don't know about Germany, but I can tell you that it is very hard to get accepted into medical school in Austria, especially if you are from out of the country. It might be different though if you are trying to transfer in.
Do you speak any German? Your name makes me think you do.

Here's some info about Austria.. it's in German, though.
http://www.meduniwien.ac.at/homepag...en-human-und-zahnmedizin/quereinsteigerinnen/

Hi Gurki, :)
I would like to accredit my previous three years of medical studies and since I have acquired the Goethe-Zertifikat B2 then I suppose that either Germany or Austria would be a more suitable choice.
I also think that Austria would tend to be more difficult in getting in, since it only has three medical schools!
While Germany has over thirty medical schools, so hopefully I would more likely find a spot in Germany, but of course after accrediting my studies with the Landesprüfungsamt Düsseldorf.

If you are interested in studying Medicine in Austria at the Medical University of Graz, you need to speak German as the admission test as well as the program is offered in German. More information on the admission test, the number of students accepted etc:
http://www.medunigraz.at/themen-studieren/aufnahmeverfahren/

If you are interested in doing an observership or clinical elective (for students) in Austria at the Medical University of Graz, have a look at the following website: www.medunigraz.at/observership