A speeding ticket just ruined my career?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gabdel

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hate Georgia traffic laws. A freakin misdemeanor for speeding.. I am a U.S medical student in a very good U.S medical school. I hate for this to be the nail in the coffin

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You haven't been convicted of anything yet. Get a good lawyer and fight it.

And I think it's too late for programs to filter you out based on it. You've already submitted your application and cant change any content.

I'm pretty sure traffic infractions aren't the type of misdemeanor that ERAS is looking for. They probably mean criminal misdemeanor, not traffic.

Reactions: 4 users
Friend of mine started medical school with six Ohio speeding tickets. He has had a very reasonable number of interviews so far in a competitive specialty. Nobody cares about most traffic infractions, technically misdemeanor or not.

Reactions: 1 users
If you can't operate a motor vehicle within the bounds of the law, how can anyone trust you to take care of their family members?
Your lack of attention to detail (or callous disregard) while driving is a direct correlation to how good of a doctor you will be.
Clearly you will be a terrible doctor and no program will want to rank you.

But in all seriousness... pretty much everyone has a speeding ticket in their past at sometime.
Nobody will care.

Reactions: 1 user