A stupid problem -- thank you letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TalaDuShrrg

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have the dumbest problem: I want to send thank you letters to the two interviewers that interviewed me, but I don't remember their names! I've been directed to upload any thank you's to the applicant portal, so I could technically send one generic letter without names, but that seems like a terrible idea. I've tried looking through the staff directory to see if I could figure out who interviewed me, but I haven't been able to.

Would I be better off contacting the school to directly ask for the names of my interviewers, or to write generically addressed letters without names (not sure how that'd even work) or just not send thank you's (which seems rude)?

Members don't see this ad.

First two interviews I sent thank you letters. This last interview I chose to not send one. Some people say that it's a polite thing to do but I honestly wouldn't go out of my way to send one.
I feel like the schools should send a thank you letter to the people who interviewed. Thank you for spending your life savings to come visit us!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
All the schools I interviewed at gave me the day's schedule with the names of my interviewers... did you lose it?

Eh thank you letters don't even matter for admissions. It's just a formality. No one will care, or even notice, if you don't send one
I always thought that sending thank you letters was one of those things that no one cares if you do, but they do care if you don't.