A.T. Still University Arizona (ATSU-SOMA) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
99% sure I'm canceling my interview here. Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello guys! I got a II two weeks ago, but put my name down on the waiting list for September (after contacting the admissions department) since the August date didn't work for me. Is anyone in the same boat?

Reactions: 1 users
anyone nervous af about the interview on Friday?!?! :boom:

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you so much!

Are you referring to the Community Health Centers (CHC), which I noticed are spread out all over the nation? If so, yes!!!! That is definitely a strong feature of ATSU-SOMA! Great variety as well!

By the way, what is your home state? I'm from California. By any chance, have you visited the Visalia CHC location? If so, I'm all ears ("ear" emoji here)?

I haven't visited the CHC but I'm from the area. The CHC is actually throughout 2 counties an area mostly comprised of small conservative towns (it is California's Central Valley after all). There is a lot of agriculture in the area. I wish I could tell you more but that's all I really know.

Last edited:
Just checked into my hotel. Going to spend the day calming the nerves and prepping for tomorrow's interview. Phoenix is gorgeous, I could def see moving down here.

Have not heard from this school since 07/02

Does anyone have a car, including rental, and is willing to give any rides today and/or tomorrow? I'm going to The dean's welcome tonight and interview tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete 7/18 and still waiting... anyone else in the same boat?

Reactions: 4 users
To those that interviewed yesterday, hope to hear good news in the next several weeks ! >.<

I hope so too best of luck to you? How did you feel after all of it?
I felt pretty pretty good on some of the stations but unsure on some. But we are often our own harshest critics so I guess we will find out in a coupe of weeks.

I felt pretty pretty good on some of the stations but unsure on some. But we are often our own harshest critics so I guess we will find out in a coupe of weeks.
Same here I felt pretty good besides maybe a couple of questions. Fingers crossed!

Hello guys! I got a II two weeks ago, but put my name down on the waiting list for September (after contacting the admissions department) since the August date didn't work for me. Is anyone in the same boat?

I did the same a few weeks ago and received a call that the September date was open a few days back!

Reactions: 1 users
I have been complete since 8/11 and still no word.

Same. Since 07/02
Maybe silent rejection?
I was complete 7/19 and got the II 8/18. I called admissions to check on my a day before i got the invite. I'm not sure if it was coincidence but it won't hurt to call maybe?

Last edited:
How competitive are the more popular CHC sites? Do those who have regional ties to the site get preference?
Having spoken with staff and students, the CHC sites are first come, first served. So if you interview early in the cycle you get priority over those that interview late.

Hey just a quick question for those of you who attended the pre-interview social. How was it? How important would you say it was to attend? I can't get out of work that day :/

Last edited:
Hey just a quick question for those of you who attended the pre-interview social. How was it? How important would you say it was to attend? I can't get out of work that day :/

I wouldn't say it was crucial, but interview day is pretty packed and you get some more information and campus tours and the like the night before.

Btw-- thanks for the awesome support and for always being the first person to congratulate me when I get invites!! You're awesome ArtSci

You're so kind to take notice! Thank you! We're all in this together! I'm rooting for you (fist-pump!)

Since adcom meets every Friday, I wonder if we will start seeing rejections/acceptances starting tomorrow... :shrug:

Since adcom meets every Friday, I wonder if we will start seeing rejections/acceptances starting tomorrow... :shrug:

They don't meet again to review the first interview batch until 9/6...I asked. So potentially sometime next week...

Anybody have an idea of what interview day will be like?

Also: is anyone else interviewing September 16th and would like to get some food afterwards? My wife is from down the street so she knows the good spots!

Last edited:
Anybody have an idea of what interview day will be like? I understand it's similar to an MMI, with a group activity and such. Anything else i should know?

Darn those non-disclosure agreements. All I can say is get ready for a full day and have fun with it. I was really impressed with how well-organized and how smoothly the day went.

Darn those non-disclosure agreements. All I can say is get ready for a full day and have fun with it. I was really impressed with how well-organized and how smoothly the day went.

Ooooh edited. Dunno how much is not supposed to be disclosed. my bad!

Anybody have an idea of what interview day will be like?

Also: is anyone else interviewing September 16th and would like to get some food afterwards? My wife is from down the street so she knows the good spots!

Hey! Depends on what time - I would be up for it before my flight though!

Hey! Depends on what time - I would be up for it before my flight though!

sent you a PM! :)

Also, if anyone needs a ride back to their hotel or something, I'll be driving my Mother In Law's SUV so I'll have room :)

Base on last year's thread, acceptance calls come out the second Wednesday after a Friday interview, so tomorrow could be the day!

:unsure::whistle:

How competitive are the more popular CHC sites? Do those who have regional ties to the site get preference?

Having spoken with staff and students, the CHC sites are first come, first served. So if you interview early in the cycle you get priority over those that interview late.

I agree somewhat with the nickerbocker. The earlier you interview, the better your odds are of getting the CHC you want. However, you are ranked based on your interview and application and those with a higher rank get more priority in CHCs.

From my understanding, they don't take regional ties into account. Also, which CHC is popular really changes from year to year. Typically, the west coast ones are most popular.

Unrelated FYIs: Interviews are always on Fridays. There are interviews about once a month through April this cycle. There are people in my class who interviewed in April so you CAN get in with a late interview at SOMA (can't speak for other schools).

Last edited: