A.T. Still University Arizona (ATSU-SOMA) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anybody who has been accepted received their acceptance emails yet? I know the admissions office is probably just busy with interviews and such, but I'm feeling antsy to put a deposit down for the CHC that I want :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey I'm in Phoenix for this evening. Any of you doing anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody who has been accepted received their acceptance emails yet? I know the admissions office is probably just busy with interviews and such, but I'm feeling antsy to put a deposit down for the CHC that I want :p
Yes I got mine yesterday but no other information provided

Any idea on what chc u guys are wanting?

I got an acceptance congratulations, but not the one that has instructions and next steps. I think those are taking longer than they anticipated to get together

anyone from team purple got accepted? (08/26

Does anyone have advice for filling out their secondary? It seems like the clinical experiences section is just a regurgitation of your aacomas app.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Really want an II from this. Completed ever since 06/29 and they said I'm still in the screening process... I guess it's no luck for me haha.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have a question regarding the rotations in years two through four.

I notice that they have a number of hospitals that students rotate at all over the nation. Does this mean i would do a rotation in say Arizona for a couple weeks then rotate to California for a few weeks, then maybe pennsylvania afterwards etc... Or is it just that you go to one of these hospitals and do all of your rotations at that single given location?

I have a question regarding the rotations in years two through four.

I notice that they have a number of hospitals that students rotate at all over the nation. Does this mean i would do a rotation in say Arizona for a couple weeks then rotate to California for a few weeks, then maybe pennsylvania afterwards etc... Or is it just that you go to one of these hospitals and do all of your rotations at that single given location?

So how I understood it was that once you are accepted into the school you get to pick one location to where you will be from year 2-4. The first year you will just be in Arizona. You don't always get the location you want but they try their best to get you the one you want!

Still no email with instructions :(

Id say both. I listed what I've done since graduating college til now.

I am just now getting to my secondary for this school. Di you write this in essay form with multiple paragraphs? Or did you jist write one big paragraph? I am trying to figure out how to answer these questions. How did you handle the other questions?

Current student here and I can answer questions you may have!

Hey! Hope all is well with school this year =]. When you filled out your secondary for ATSU-SOMA, did you write full essays for each question (multiple paragraphs) or did you write one big paragraph? Thanks in advance for the help!

Hey! Hope all is well with school this year =]. When you filled out your secondary for ATSU-SOMA, did you write full essays for each question (multiple paragraphs) or did you write one big paragraph? Thanks in advance for the help!

I wrote one big paragraph. It was my first secondary, and reading back I think it should have been two paragraphs instead

I wrote one big paragraph. It was my first secondary, and reading back I think it should have been two paragraphs instead

Thanks! I am sure you will get an interview. Your stats are pretty good! When did you turn in your secondary?

Thanks! I am sure you will get an interview. Your stats are pretty good! When did you turn in your secondary?

Oh I got accepted to this school already. Thank you!
It was late July I think. I interviewed with the first group

Oh awesome. Congrats =]. Thanks, again for the advice. Hopefully I will be joining you next August!

Ahh me too, I love this school! I'm waiting for my MCAT score like :poke: lol

Oh I got accepted to this school already. Thank you!
It was late July I think. I interviewed with the first group

did you get any other emails other than the acceptance congratulations email?

I called a few days ago to see if they might have an ETA for the emails and was told the system that generates the emails is not up yet. It sounds like it's out of the admissions' hands at this point

Can anyone that has gone through the interviews this year post what it was like? For example what some of the questions were, what the process is, etc.

Can anyone that has gone through the interviews this year post what it was like? For example what some of the questions were, what the process is, etc.

Signed a non-disclosure agreement, so can't really say much. Just be prepared for a full day.

Like today!? Tomorrow!?

for the first interview group i think they heard back 2 weeks later on the monday. So maybe we will hear back this coming monday. Nothings set and they say said within a month on interview day so who knows

Congrats you guys!!! I'm still waiting to hear from the 9/16 interview day!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted! Got the call an hour ago. Team Violet 9/16!

Reactions: 5 users