A.T. Still University Arizona (ATSU-SOMA) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Finally received the congrats email!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+1 on the official acceptance email! YAYY to be official. :woot:

also for current students or anyone who may be able to chime in:
are the 3rd year and 4th year core rotations also done AT the CHC?

I've been receiving some conflicting information regarding this point, as I believe on interview day we were told (by the lady who conducted the webcam conference with us) that rotations would mostly be done at varying clinics and hospitals in the area, but not necessarily the CHC.
however, the information I received from admissions states that "many to most" of the rotations will actually be done at the CHC.
would this mean that most of the rotations are preceptor-based?

I can't believe I got accepted! I almost feel like this was a mistake haha. But I got the email! This is nuts!!! My #1 choice. And congrats to everyone else :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 6 users
Complete 7/18, but have not heard back since then. No rejection, No hold. What can I do other than just wait? Do they accept Letters of Intents?

Reactions: 1 user
Is there a way to push the interview day back? I interview in about 3 weeks and want to move it back til December-ish if possible. Don't want to cancel the interview cause I really like this school but I want to see how the Texas pre-match pans out so hopefully I can save some money and give the seat to someone else. Thanks.

Is there a way to push the interview day back? I interview in about 3 weeks and want to move it back til December-ish if possible. Don't want to cancel the interview cause I really like this school but I want to see how the Texas pre-match pans out so hopefully I can save some money and give the seat to someone else. Thanks.
I think you can. Contact the admissions.

II just now! Was losing hope because I hadn't heard in months! Haha :D

Edit: Interesting how I got the II on a Sunday!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those that have been accepted, have you emailed [email protected] indicating your acceptance to ATSU-SOMA?

I haven't yet. I'm trying to get a better idea of what happens next. Like most people, I'm waiting to hear from other programs. I'm confused whether "accepting the acceptance" is like declaring my intent to matriculate and therefore I am forfeiting any other acceptances I may or may not still get. But then if I don't accept, will I no be able to put in for my preferred CHCs and lose my spot? I'm hoping the admissions packet they're supposed to send out will outline this better.

I haven't yet. I'm trying to get a better idea of what happens next. Like most people, I'm waiting to hear from other programs. I'm confused whether "accepting the acceptance" is like declaring my intent to matriculate and therefore I am forfeiting any other acceptances I may or may not still get. But then if I don't accept, will I no be able to put in for my preferred CHCs and lose my spot? I'm hoping the admissions packet they're supposed to send out will outline this better.
exactly my thought!

+1 on the official acceptance email! YAYY to be official. :woot:

also for current students or anyone who may be able to chime in:
are the 3rd year and 4th year core rotations also done AT the CHC?

I've been receiving some conflicting information regarding this point, as I believe on interview day we were told (by the lady who conducted the webcam conference with us) that rotations would mostly be done at varying clinics and hospitals in the area, but not necessarily the CHC.
however, the information I received from admissions states that "many to most" of the rotations will actually be done at the CHC.
would this mean that most of the rotations are preceptor-based?

Congrats on getting in! First year here. The rotations are done at the CHC and at other clinics/hospitals. How much time you spend at CHC vs. other sites varies depending on the CHC.

Congrats on getting in! First year here. The rotations are done at the CHC and at other clinics/hospitals. How much time you spend at CHC vs. other sites varies depending on the CHC.
I am wondering about the clerkships during the 3rd and 4th year. Are they usually completed at the CHC or the hospitals in the city where the CHC is located? What about the quality of these clerkships? Any input will help!
@SLC

I'm wondering if the first interview session will be on the same time table (in regards to first dibs on CHCS) as the second session since they got their official acceptance at the same time we did?

From Dolores:
" Details on all of your deadlines will be included with the acceptance packet that we will be sending you. With the packet you will be getting an agreement form to sign, a link and instructions for ranking the Community Health Centers and a checklist with all the other information that you will need. CHC assignments are made in the order that the first deposits ($1000 acceptance payment) are received.

The deadline for receipt of the signed agreement and the acceptance fee is December 14, 2016."

Reactions: 2 users
Does everyone get the email saying my chances of an interview invite are good? it's the one that says they just received my secondary and are excited by my credentials

Do we have any idea when they'll be sending out that delicious acceptance packet?

Reactions: 1 users
Does everyone get the email saying my chances of an interview invite are good? it's the one that says they just received my secondary and are excited by my credentials

My guess is yes. I got the same email today even though I was rejected yesterday lol

I never got a complete email, just one saying they received my secondary and to check the portal to see that they get my letters.

Not sure if this is for pending application decisions, but I did not get one. After submitting my secondary I got a complete email and then an II (early october); nothing about my chances.

Complete 7/18, but have not heard back since then. No rejection, No hold. What can I do other than just wait? Do they accept Letters of Intents?
I am in the same boat as you. I called them yesterday and they said that they had not made a decision on my application yet but were glad to know that I was still interested in the program. They told me that I should hear back from them soon.

Has anyone received an e-mail with information for the CHCs? Just wondering :)

Withdrawing my acceptance here! hope my seat goes to someone special!!!!!

Does anyone know how much the acceptance deposit costs?

Got accepted to my in-state university. Withdrawing from here, but good luck to you all!!!:)

I think it's $1000, but I could be mistaken.
Correct.
From Dolores:
" Details on all of your deadlines will be included with the acceptance packet that we will be sending you. With the packet you will be getting an agreement form to sign, a link and instructions for ranking the Community Health Centers and a checklist with all the other information that you will need. CHC assignments are made in the order that the first deposits ($1000 acceptance payment) are received.

The deadline for receipt of the signed agreement and the acceptance fee is December 14, 2016."

They're playing with my hearts right now. Anyone have miscommunication from this school? I'll update once they get back to me about what's happening with my interview.

W
They're playing with my hearts right now. Anyone have miscommunication from this school? I'll update once they get back to me about what's happening with my interview.

What do you mean?

W

What do you mean?

I'm still waiting for the email back from admissions, but basically my email originally stated I'm interviewing at KCOM and to find the calendar. Apparently, my calendar was in the SOMA tab in the login portal, so I signed up to interview for SOMA. I emailed admissions back to confirm which campus I'm applying to, but haven't heard back yet.

I need to to go SOMA due to it's location. My girlfriend will most likely move with me and apply to PA school, so SOMA is at the top of my list right now besides my state schools. I'm not sure how she'll fair living in Kirksville.

I'm still waiting for the email back from admissions, but basically my email originally stated I'm interviewing at KCOM and to find the calendar. Apparently, my calendar was in the SOMA tab in the login portal, so I signed up to interview for SOMA. I emailed admissions back to confirm which campus I'm applying to, but haven't heard back yet.

I need to to go SOMA due to it's location. My girlfriend will most likely move with me and apply to PA school, so SOMA is at the top of my list right now besides my state schools. I'm not sure how she'll fair living in Kirksville.
I'm pretty sure they are separate campuses and you have to apply to each on aacomas.

I'm pretty sure they are separate campuses and you have to apply to each on aacomas.

I applied to both. I'm saying my interview email is for KCOM, but I managed to sign up for an interview date for SOMA. I'm trying to clarify right now with admissions.

Ok, got my answer. Time to research and prepare!

"
Popopopop

Hello. The invitation should be for SOMA in Arizona. It looks like you have gotten your interview scheduled. I have forward this issue on to the director to see why the invitation sent had KCOM information.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Take care and have a terrific Tuesday!

Sincerely,
"

Been complete since 8/26. anyone in the same boat?