A.T. Still University (ATSU-SOMA) Arizona Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got rejected by KCOM pre-II, and have yet completed the secondary for SOMA. Do y'all think it'd even be worth it to do the SOMA secondary since both KCOM and SOMA pretty much share the same admissions committee?

Do it. I got rejected by KCOM without even an interview, but was accepted to SOMA

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Anybody from 10/30 interviews recieve their chc placement yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Phoenix, California, Washington state and Portland are all filled. I was placed at my 3rd choice :/ Hopefully that will change soon though
Do you know this for sure or are you just assuming? I'm sorry if that comes off as rude sounding, I'm honestly not trying to be at all. I just really want to be in Cali. :( I'm just waiting on my deposit and stuff to go through.

Hey all, a lot of you seem to have questions about he CHCs. Please feel free to message me if you have any questions and I'll try to help out the best I can.

California is filled already? Damn that was quick!

For those who interviewed, how important is it to attend Social Night? Is it worth it? Thanks in advance!

For those who interviewed, how important is it to attend Social Night? Is it worth it? Thanks in advance!
I thought it was really informative. You get to talk with first year students, ask questions, and tour the building. If you can, I would definitely recommend going to the social.

Reactions: 1 users
You'll meet with student ambassadors (like myself) and get to tour the campus. You'll have a chance to meet some faculty as well. However, it will not reflect negatively on you if you cannot make it, so don't freak out if your flight gets delayed or something.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone want to meet up before or after in AZ? I'll be landing in on the 3rd and my interview is on the 4th. I was going to explore Arizona for a day after the interview then fly back home to New York.

Is anyone with a CHC placement in CA declining their offer :-(

Sounds like it's time to throw in the towel at ATSU if we haven't received an II at this point?

Sounds like it's time to throw in the towel at ATSU if we haven't received an II at this point?

It's Possible especially since they snail mail rejections. When were you complete?

just received an II. :D are there student hosts that we can potentially look into?

Anyone recommend any hotels nearby that are walking distance to the interview?

Can anyone who has interviewed already talk about the set up of the interview? I heard it's not a typical 2 on 1 interview so i was just curious about that. I realize it might be discussed somewhere on this thread but 14 pages is dreadful to scroll through so if any of you can point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

Got an interview invite this afternoon, but will be declining as I have already been accepted to multiple schools. Good luck to everyone!!

When were you complete?

I honestly never got a complete email or anything, I hadnt heard back and forgot about this school tbh. Its really far from New York, and I got an interview invite randomly, needless to say I withdrew my application!

I got rejected by KCOM pre-II, and have yet completed the secondary for SOMA. Do y'all think it'd even be worth it to do the SOMA secondary since both KCOM and SOMA pretty much share the same admissions committee?
If you really like SOMA, I would. I did not get an II from KCOM and got accepted to SOMA. You never know.

When do they have waitlist movement? Anyone know?

Anyone staying at Best Western this week for interviews?! Looking forward to Thursday and Friday, trying to stay calm!

Hey! Anyone who interviewed on 11/20 hear back yet?

Anybody know of a good place to find SOMA apparel?

I am staying at Baymont Inn in Mesa on Thurs and Fri! Still trying to figure out how to get to the campus without a car but it doesnt seem too bad haha.
Anyone staying at Best Western this week for interviews?! Looking forward to Thursday and Friday, trying to stay calm!

Our book store is in Kirksville so all SOMA apparel is acquired through fundraising once you're a student. We've had quite a few so far this year.

Can someone please explain this schools curriculum? I do not particualrly understand the 1 and 3 bull****

Hey! Anyone who interviewed on 11/20 hear back yet?
Nope. But probably we will hear back before this Friday. From the older posts in this forum, it looks like one group hears back before the other scheduled interview date.

Unfortunately we don't have a bookstore like KCOM does. However, once you are a student many student groups and organizations order apparel as fund raisers.

Still waiting here.. complete 10/14

I have an interview there tomorrow, and I tried looking through the thread but couldn't find it. Can anyone comment on how the actual interview day schedule was? Was the interview first then the tours etc? Thanks.

I have an interview there tomorrow, and I tried looking through the thread but couldn't find it. Can anyone comment on how the actual interview day schedule was? Was the interview first then the tours etc? Thanks.
Tours are part of the social... So if you didn't go to the social you missed out on the official tour.

No one heard back from 11/20 interviews yet?????

Loved this interview experience and the school.

Reactions: 4 users
Can any students comment on summer opportunities open to students =]

Interview 11/20, received rejection..:( I really liked the school and the CHC program, I was really excited about that. Congratulations to everyone that received acceptances!;)