A.T. Still University (ATSU-SOMA) Arizona Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard back from interviews on 2/19?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard back from interviews on 2/19?
I also interviewed on 2/19 and haven't heard anything yet! Post if you hear anything and I will do the same!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejection email in my spam folder. Sent today. Looks like I'll be accepting elsewhere! I am disappointed, I really liked this school!
Sorry to hear about it, I am still waiting..... it feels like forever...

I heard the class was full or very near full, not sure how accurate that is though. I have talked to a few other people who interviewed 2/19 and all had messages in their spam folder.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my acceptance call for 2/19 interview day!! Super excited, but the ONLY CHC available right now is Ohio......

Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
So it took about a month for ppl from 2/19 to hear back... I interviewed on 3/4, I guess we won't hear back until early April.

Has anyone else from 2/19 heard back yet? I still have not heard from the school yet. Interviewed 2/19

Last edited:
Also interviewed 2/19 and haven't heard anything yet. I wonder how many people have actually heard back by now.

Word through the vine is that we got a 100% Match rate again this year.:clap: As usual for this self-selected school, most of the students matched into a primary care field (~ 67%). FM and IM were especially popular, with ~55 students out of a class of 100-ish.

A few managed to get into academic institutions for ROAD specialties, so if you're gunning for an ultra-competitive specialty, it's very possible.

Good luck to those waiting to hear back from the school, the program's only been improving each subsequent year.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an email in spam folder. Got put on the alternate list.

Pretty low chance of getting off this right? Since I'm assuming they'd pull people off of the "accepted pending open seat" list first.

Pretty low chance of getting off this right? Since I'm assuming they'd pull people off of the "accepted pending open seat" list first.
Better than rejection

People get pulled off of the alternate list more often than you think.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

i am also on the alternate list! i wonder how many people get pulled off of the list.

Anyone hear back from 3/4 interview?

has anyone heard if the class is completely full yet? I interviewed 3/4 and am dying to hear back

has anyone heard if the class is completely full yet? I interviewed 3/4 and am dying to hear back
I was accepted not even two weeks ago from a Feb interview, so I don't think it's quite full yet but it's close. However, I have moved on my CHC waitlist pretty easily, so I imagine there is a lot of movement from students withdrawing acceptance. I would venture to say that everyone still has a very good chance of getting accepted if you are a strong enough applicant.

Accepted pending open seat today! Does anyone know whether that means I am accepted either this year or next year or whether I won't get in if a seat doesn't open up?

Accepted pending open seat today! Does anyone know whether that means I am accepted either this year or next year or whether I won't get in if a seat doesn't open up?

Congrats!! It means you're accepted either this year if a seat opens up or next year also. So you're guaranteed a seat!

Since "accepted pending open seat" started, does that mean the current incoming class is full as of now then?

Congrats!! It means you're accepted either this year if a seat opens up or next year also. So you're guaranteed a seat!
Phew! I was a spaz during the phone call and the email didn't say anything about deferral, so I was panicking a bit

If you are rank 20 on the alternate list at this point. What are your chances ?

How do you know where you are ranked? Do they let us know where we are ranked in the alternate list?

How do you know where you are ranked? Do they let us know where we are ranked in the alternate list?
I emailed the admissions. I called first, but then no one answered, so I emailed. they got back to me very quick though.

That is the one I used
Wow really? I've called and emailed a couple of times and they said they aren't allowed to give out rankings.

Anyways, I remember they said around end of March/beginning of April they were going to send out emails to everyone on the alternate list to confirm if they were still interested. Has anyone received this email yet?

Wow really? I've called and emailed a couple of times and they said they aren't allowed to give out rankings.

Anyways, I remember they said around end of March/beginning of April they were going to send out emails to everyone on the alternate list to confirm if they were still interested. Has anyone received this email yet?
I think they def can give you your rank. On my interview day, even the med student advised us to ask for our rank if we are on the alternate list

are there still interview days left? or are rejections being sent out soon?

are there still interview days left? or are rejections being sent out soon?

Someone in admissions told me there would be two more interview days

if theres 2 official interview dates left, and you are currently ranked #20:

lets say there are 20 on the pending list now, which has much more priority than you are >>>>> plus 20 ahead of you on the alternate list

At the end of interview season, there could be 30+ on the pending list now, and you might have gone down on the alternate list because the school alternated more ppl they liked better higher than you.

Unless they changed things this year, I would get ready for the upcoming cycle.

if theres 2 official interview dates left, and you are currently ranked #20:

lets say there are 20 on the pending list now, which has much more priority than you are >>>>> plus 20 ahead of you on the alternate list

At the end of interview season, there could be 30+ on the pending list now, and you might have gone down on the alternate list because the school alternated more ppl they liked better higher than you.

Unless they changed things this year, I would get ready for the upcoming cycle.

It is a shame that i am really attracted by the 1+3 format.

Declined my acceptance today. It was a tough decision. Good luck everyone!

Does anyone have any additional information about the Chicago CHC? There really isn't too much information on their website.

Does anyone have any additional information about the Chicago CHC? There really isn't too much information on their website.

Best thing would to call/email admissions and ask if they can hook you up with a current 2nd year at the campus and hear their opinions on it. (It's still a very new site, just got their hospital agreements set up) From what I've heard it's expensive, long drives, in the shady part of Chicago. Typical underserved city site.