A.T. Still University Kirksville (ATSU-KCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
After acceptance you'll receive a link from admissions...

Ah, I only sent my deposit, agreement, and background check stuff in last Thursday, perhaps things are still working their way through the system.

Members don't see this ad.

When I check the portal it notes that my secondary application and letters of evaluation were received on 9/23/14. Is there anything else I need to do at this point? 2 months without hearing a word is a long time

When I check the portal it notes that my secondary application and letters of evaluation were received on 9/23/14. Is there anything else I need to do at this point? 2 months without hearing a word is a long time
There are some places I was complete at in July and haven't heard anything, so 2 months isn't terrible. You can send an update letter but there's not much else to do. It's out of your hands now.

Members don't see this ad :)
2 months is a good wait. Couldn't hurt to call admissions at this point.

So I interviewed here on October 31st and I still haven't heard anything. Is this normal? It seems like everyone is hearing back in a week or so

Any current students living in on campus housing? I'm coming from florida and don't really wanna spend a lot of money on furniture so having the on campus housing furnished is awesome. One thing I'm concerned about is having no AC. coming from south Florida AC is REALLY important to me. Lol. How necessary is it to have AC during the summers?

... One thing I'm concerned about is having no AC. coming from south Florida AC is REALLY important to me. Lol. How necessary is it to have AC during the summers?

I know the school housing portion of the webpage states that you are welcome to bring your own window air conditioners. I have been told that the summers are rather humid, so A/C is advisable.

For anyone interviewing on 12/8, let me know if you would be interested in splitting a hotel and/or a rental car. I will be flying into Des Moines around 10am on 12/7. PM me if you want to discuss it.

Any current students living in on campus housing? I'm coming from florida and don't really wanna spend a lot of money on furniture so having the on campus housing furnished is awesome. One thing I'm concerned about is having no AC. coming from south Florida AC is REALLY important to me. Lol. How necessary is it to have AC during the summers?

You will need to get an air conditioner or two. You can always wait and buy one from walmart when you move here.

You will need to get an air conditioner or two. You can always wait and buy one from walmart when you move here.
Also, other students are often selling theirs as they leave for rotations so you may not even need to do Wal-Mart.

Reactions: 1 user
Just submitted my deposit, paperwork, and BG check. I'm so excited to attend in the fall.

Reactions: 4 users
Just submitted my deposit, paperwork, and BG check. I'm so excited to attend in the fall.
I can't wait to get my acceptance letter! I'll be seeing yall there :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm afraid to join the Facebook. Too many bar nights. It's like no one has a camera when I'm tutoring, scribing, or working in a lab, but there are always cameras when I'm at the bar.

Not as big of a deal as you might think. As long as you're not posting illegal things and keep an eye on your privacy settings you'll probably be fine. You can, of course, always untag yourself from things too.

I have a pretty high tolerance to heat and humidity and I still wouldn't roll without one here.

Not as big of a deal as you might think. As long as you're not posting illegal things and keep an eye on your privacy settings you'll probably be fine. You can, of course, always untag yourself from things too.

I have a pretty high tolerance to heat and humidity and I still wouldn't roll without one here.
Did you buy the one that sits in the window??

Got contacted about 2.5 weeks after interviewing saying they would let me know my application status in late January. Should I just assume that is a wait list then? Seems odd, I thought my interviews went pretty good.

the later on in the game - spots fill up but there will be a ton of movement when deposits are due Dec. 14

the later on in the game - spots fill up but there will be a ton of movement when deposits are due Dec. 14
I haven't gotten my acceptance packet yet. Is my deposit still due december 14?

Still not really sure what this is. I emailed them back and its not a wait list. Just that I'll be given a decision in late January. I guess they're going on vacation for a few months hahaha

Did they call you? or was it in a letter?

It was in an email. Haven't received any phone call or letters yet. So I guess it may be a waiting list, but they don't want to call it that.

do you have anything pending? class transcripts? new MCAT scores or anything like that?

It was in an email. Haven't received any phone call or letters yet. So I guess it may be a waiting list, but they don't want to call it that.
I think I read in last year's thread (or the one before that) that the committee just defers your application by deciding to look at it later. If I recall correctly, no decision has been reached yet.

Yeah they said no decision yet. So they are just postponing it until a later time. I'm pretty sure everything is in for my application. Thanks for the input I'll check it out.

Got contacted about 2.5 weeks after interviewing saying they would let me know my application status in late January. Should I just assume that is a wait list then? Seems odd, I thought my interviews went pretty good.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm in the same boat; interviewed 11/7, went super good but haven't heard back yet. Waiting sucks.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm in the same boat; interviewed 11/7, went super good but haven't heard back yet. Waiting sucks.

DId they send you the same kind of email? Its basically like a pre-waiting list.

okay for whatever reason i can't find my portal email in my gmail account anymore.. anyone have the link?

==edit==

okay well my history had the portals, but i still can't find the email with my verification codes. what the heck happened to them lol. i know i have seen the emails before because i have used my portal before. grrr

okay for whatever reason i can't find my portal email in my gmail account anymore.. anyone have the link?

==edit==

okay well my history had the portals, but i still can't find the email with my verification codes. what the heck happened to them lol. i know i have seen the emails before because i have used my portal before. grrr

I assume you are talking about the secondary application portal. I just checked my past email folder and the email with the code was entitled "Secondary Application Received".

I wish they would accept me to the facebook page! Haha I'm anxious to meet yall

Would you mind sharing the link with me, please? I've been searching on FaceBook for it, and I can't find it.

Would you mind sharing the link with me, please? I've been searching on FaceBook for it, and I can't find it.
Well it won't let me join. I just searched atsu kcom 2019

Just give it time. Admissions sends you a link after you're accepted. They're all off for the holiday so it may take a couple days to get added.

Received my acceptance packet. Makes it feel that much more real :)

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah, it is definitely nice. Its even more real once you put that $1000 down ;)
Received my acceptance packet. Makes it feel that much more real :)

Reactions: 2 users
Excited to be attending here next year!

So I interview out there in a couple weeks. Since my family (wife and son) is coming, I elected not to pursue staying with a student ambassador because I didn't want to impose. I searched this thread and didn't see any recommendations for m/hotels in Kirksville earlier in the thread. Does anybody have any recommendations?

Last edited:
So I interview out there in a couple weeks. Since my family (wife and son) is coming, I elected not to pursue staying with a student ambassador because I didn't want to impose. I searched this thread and didn't see any recommendations for m/hotels in Kirksville earlier in the thread. Does anybody have any recommendations?
I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. It's five minutes away from the school plus has breakfast in the morning.

I also stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, however, I did not partake in the breakfast so I cannot speak to the quality of that. The hotel itself wasn't the Ritz but it was clean and served its purpose.

I had the fortunate experience of staying in the holiday inn express on a Thursday night. I speak highly of the hotel for having NFL network and allowing me to watch Thursday night football.

I used the holiday inn express to get ready in and it was one of the nicer hotels I stayed in during my interview season. I don't know about the breakfast because after many terrible hotel breakfasts I opted to go to a local restaurant. I would recommend pancake city. They were quick and really nice!

I only spent one night there though, because the way my flights in and out of DSM worked, I spent two nights in Des Moines.

My secondary was complete on 11/19 and I was just wondering about how long it would take to get an ii and how many seats are even still available.

I've heard good things about holiday inn as well as days inn. Days inn is a little farther (3 minute drive) from the school but I believe costs a good amount less.

I've heard good things about holiday inn as well as days inn. Days inn is a little farther (3 minute drive) from the school but I believe costs a good amount less.

Yeah, the Days Inn was like $40 a night cheaper than the HIE. I went with HIE though because they are usually good quality, some of the Days Inns out there are pretty rough so I did not want to take a chance.

My secondary was complete on 11/19 and I was just wondering about how long it would take to get an ii and how many seats are even still available.

Its really hard to say, the range seems to be 2-days to like 2-3 months. Don't forget, that being complete on 11/19 put you right before the Thanksgiving break, which could delay things a little.

It took roughly 6 weeks for me to hear back, but this was early on-- FYI.