A.T. Still University Kirksville (ATSU-KCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my II today. Signed up for 1/30

>3.5 >28 (balanced) ec's are all pretty extensive, no issues there

Anyone know how full the class is already? I dont want to be interviewing for a slim to none chance =\

Going to be driving so if you live NW of the school anywhere up to 8 hours away, send me a PM maybe we can car pool
Congrats! :) When were you complete?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! :) When were you complete?

Thank you.

I was complete 10/8 but had a planned MCAT and was told that it would be 4-8 weeks after those scores were received. Mine were basically right at 4 weeks including the holiday break so they didn't waste much time.

ACCEPTED!!! Just received the phone call about 10 minutes ago...This was my first interview and my first acceptance, and I can't even begin to explain how good this feels...Holy ****

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!!! Just received the phone call about 10 minutes ago...This was my first interview and my first acceptance, and I can't even begin to explain how good this feels...Holy ****
It was my first interview and first acceptance as well. Welcome to the club! Time to start relaxing and binge watch Friends on netflix haha

Reactions: 2 users
congrats!

It was my first interview and first acceptance as well. Welcome to the club! Time to start relaxing and binge watch Friends on netflix haha

Thanks you! Best feeling in the world! And yes, a serious netflix binge is in order...Can't wait for season 3 of House of Cards and Better Call Saul to come out. Those will keep me occupied for sure

When did you interview?

Dec. 8th. Got an email a couple weeks after saying they have decided to wait to release my decision on Jan. 23rd (basically a post interview hold) and I got the phone call today...very long wait

Dec. 8th. Got an email a couple weeks after saying they have decided to wait to release my decision on Jan. 23rd (basically a post interview hold) and I got the phone call today...very long wait

Ok I interviewed 12/12 and they said decisions would be sent out the end of last week or sometime this week and I haven't heard anythingggggggg gahhhh

Congrats! Hopefully I hear back soon too.

Just missed a phone call from my interviewer and he left the office at 5 :nailbiting: He pretty much didn't say anything except to call him back... they wouldn't call for an outright rejection right...? Ugh. Now I have to wait another night.

Currently in the St. Louis airport waiting for my Cape Air charter flight to Kirksville.. As long as I survive this 10 person plane ride, tomorrow should be great! Really looking forward to this interview, everyone here seems to have high opinions of KCOM.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just missed a phone call from my interviewer and he left the office at 5 :nailbiting: He pretty much didn't say anything except to call him back... they wouldn't call for an outright rejection right...? Ugh. Now I have to wait another night.
You're in if they call. The rejection (at least last cycle) is a very thin envelope lol. Congrats and kudos!

Totally understand, I'm not frustrated but it makes me very anxious. I have off work this week and basically my mornings consist of constantly keeping my phone within arm's reach. I'm thinking about calling them but i feel i should wait till Friday. I also haven't decided if calling them is a good or bad idea.
I ended up calling them twice because I was trying to hear their decision before I put down a different deposit and they still accepted me, neurotic tendencies and all. If you want to call you should call, I'm sure they're used to nervous calls by now.

For this batch of acceptances when is the $1000 deposit due?

I just withdrew my acceptance at this amazing institution. I hope it goes out to someone who still hasn't received an acceptance and is on the waitlist. Good luck to you all class of 2019!

Reactions: 1 users
I just withdrew my acceptance at this amazing institution. I hope it goes out to someone who still hasn't received an acceptance and is on the waitlist. Good luck to you all class of 2019!
Congratulations on your acceptance elsewhere!

Reactions: 1 user
Did you call them recently/interview in December? Since UCFpremed33 just got in yesterday and interviewed two weeks before me I'm thinking i will call next week instead. Thanks a lot for the info! I'm glad they didn't judge you too harshly on your neurotic tendencies haha.

I interviewed on 12/5 and called them 12/10 and 12/12 but my admission staff lady happened to be on vacation which was just great. She got back to me on the 12th to tell me no decision had been made and then I got the acceptance call on 12/19.

Just got accepted here! I received my acceptance call about 5 days after the interview. I can't express how impressed I was with the school, they went above and beyond to make everyone feel comfortable and it was by far the most professional interview I attended. Very happy :) Oh and I was told you must have your contract & payment postmarked and mailed 30 days after receiving the acceptance call, but it should specifically say a date on the acceptance paperwork you're sent.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got accepted here! I received my acceptance call about 5 days after the interview. I can't express how impressed I was with the school, they went above and beyond to make everyone feel comfortable and it was by far the most professional interview I attended. Very happy :) Oh and I was told you must have your contract & payment postmarked and mailed 30 days after receiving the acceptance call, but it should specifically say a date on the acceptance paperwork you're sent.

Do you mind sharing your stats?

Not at all. I took the MCAT twice first getting a 24, then 26. GPA is 3.7. I also shadowed/volunteered >200 hours. I currently am working with a D.O and graduated back in Summer 2013. Overall, I don't think my stats are necessarily super competitive but I feel like I interviewed very well and staying with a student broke the ice for me because I got some good tips and one of my interviewers already knew me from what he heard from the student I stayed with.

Hi, I'll be interviewing here on Jan. 30th. Can someone that interviewed let me know how the interviews are structured? Interview with faculty? Students? Open file? I'd love a few sentence summary. Thanks!

It was 3 separate one on one interviews. One with a science instructor, one with a DO, and one with an admissions staff member.

I had my interview last Friday. I was extremely impressed with every aspect of the school, and really hope that I gain acceptance! Now comes the most nerve-wracking part.. the wait. I'm hoping that I'm lucky like some of you and don't have to wait the 2-4 weeks to find out!

So I'm just wondering from current students here are the lap top computer requirements from ATSU's website still correct. Looks a little dated.

Windows XP or better
Office 2007 or 2010

Or do they require something newer?

I was told by current students at my interview that all students use an iPad for pretty much everything academic.

Even the exams?

Yep! One of the student ambassadors explained that they have a custom software program that locks you in and doesn't allow you to open other apps during the exam.

So it's now officially been 5 weeks since my interview without hearing from them. Think I'm safe at this point calling tomorrow?

Yep! One of the student ambassadors explained that they have a custom software program that locks you in and doesn't allow you to open other apps during the exam.

Huh, sounds a little sketch but of course its a test. How does that work with a computer? Same program, can't access anything but the test?

Placed on pre interview hold. Anyone have experience with this?
Did they email you to tell you that? Or is it on the website somewhere? The online portal doesn't give much info about status, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place?

FYI just received this...

"Just wanted to update you where we are at in our application cycle as you have an interview scheduled with KCOM. Our class is almost full for the July 2014 start but not all seats are secured by a deposit. We anticipate we will have seats to offer in the upcoming weeks so if KCOM is one of your top choices for medical school we encourage you to interview with us. We also have guaranteed seats to offer for next year's class should a seat not become available this year. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call or email....I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

I hope you will make the decision to visit campus and see what KCOM has to offer you. Please notify us if you will not be accepting our offer to interview."

I got the same email and noticed the same mistake. I would hope their class starting in July 2014 is full. I'm mostly interested in the class starting July 2015. I was actually surprised to learn that I was being considered for the class that started several months ago :p. I realize it's an honest mistake.

Umm. July 2014 start? Sure hope you can still get in, being they're already ahead a semester. Hehe :hello:

I also got the email and am interviewing on 1/30 if anyone wants a ride, I am coming from the northwest of kirksville

Rejected again. Best of luck to those still playing.

Umm. July 2014 start? Sure hope you can still get in, being they're already ahead a semester. Hehe :hello:
Ha! Too great. I completely missed that. Also interviewing January 30th so it sounds like I might see some of you there.

Do any current students know anything about the north east rotation sites at Lancaster and Bayonne?

FYI just received this...

"Just wanted to update you where we are at in our application cycle as you have an interview scheduled with KCOM. Our class is almost full for the July 2014 start but not all seats are secured by a deposit. We anticipate we will have seats to offer in the upcoming weeks so if KCOM is one of your top choices for medical school we encourage you to interview with us. We also have guaranteed seats to offer for next year's class should a seat not become available this year. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call or email....I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

I hope you will make the decision to visit campus and see what KCOM has to offer you. Please notify us if you will not be accepting our offer to interview."
I really hope they're still offering interviews. :confused: