A.T. Still University Kirksville (ATSU-KCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think today went well. Where my other 1/30ers at?
Yo! I was 1/30 interviewer as well. Are you on the accepted pending list?

Well, my biggest issue is whether or not I get offered a seat before I have to drop another non-refundable deposit at the school where my current acceptance is.
What school are you currently sending in deposits for?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yeah I was put on the accepted pending list in February. Haven't heard anything since. Just try to not think about it too much (easier said) until that awesome phone call or email comes your way. We do not need to worry about any deposit or deadline until we are offered a seat correct? Also, I am definitely wanting a seat this year, but from what I understand if one does not open, we are offered a seat for next year, since we are already accepted?

Yep, no need to worry about any deposit and definitely guaranteed a spot next year. I also interviewed on 1/30! They called me twice to offer me earlier interview dates, but because of work obligations I wasn't able to. Really kicking myself now for not trying harder to make it work.

Also, @TankTuck I saw your recent post about KCOM vs. RVU. I'm currently in the same debate (although I was accepted to RVU and accepted pending to KCOM, so a little different). Good luck to you!

I'm pretty sure last year everyone was taken off the accepted pending list

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah that's what they said. It would just kind of suck to have to scramble if you were offered a seat in June, but no complaints here.
Yep, no need to worry about any deposit and definitely guaranteed a spot next year. I also interviewed on 1/30! They called me twice to offer me earlier interview dates, but because of work obligations I wasn't able to. Really kicking myself now for not trying harder to make it work.

Also, @TankTuck I saw your recent post about KCOM vs. RVU. I'm currently in the same debate (although I was accepted to RVU and accepted pending to KCOM, so a little different). Good luck to you!
We're you morning or afternoon interview group (I was morning)? Good luck to you too and that is awesome you got a seat at rvu. I'm from colorado, so let me know if you have any questions.

Wow, just got the call and I'm in!

Reactions: 6 users

I actually called a few days after 1/30 and asked to be removed from the pool since I got accepted to my MD IS. If you couldn't guess from the profile pic, I was the big stocky guy :)

1/30er right here! Anxiously awaiting a phone call to get in for this summer. I was accepted for next year pending a seat for this year. I haven't been that worried until today lol. I think as mid-April approaches I'm getting more stressed out about a call. Hope to start in July!

You'll find something, but it won't be your dream apartment by any means.

Members don't see this ad :)
rejected today after being on pre-interview hold forever

hey all i applied late in the game (feb) was wondering if theyre were still doing interviews? 23 mcat sgpa 3.2 cgpa 3.5

You'll find something, but it won't be your dream apartment by any means.

haha I lived in a tiny dorm for 4 years. Any type of apartment will be leaps and bounds better than what I've been used to. Getting in for this summer comes first. Any updates on movement?

Second deposit is due on Wednesday so there will likely be movement on that date.

Here's a question, if we get a call tomorrow off the pending list, when do we have to make our first deposit? And how much?

Wow, Thanks for the heads up. I will be sure to ask if I get "the call". :)

Here's a question, if we get a call tomorrow off the pending list, when do we have to make our first deposit? And how much?
Two weeks if taken off the list ($1000). And the final two deposits (each $500) are due May 15th.

Gave up my seat here. Hope one of you get it. Good luck!!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the called today for a seat. Interviewed January 26th I think. 2 weeks to pay the 1k deposit from today's date..

Accepted and put a deposit down at MUCOM, tough decisions!

Reactions: 1 users
2nd year leaving for rotations in May, hoping to find someone to sublet my last month (June) so I'm not paying for two apartments. It's 3 bedrooms 1 bath. 1 mile from the school. $550-575 a month. Shoot me a message if you're interested and looking for housing. I'll give you the deets and some pictures.

Received the call about a seat this morning. Stoked! Sending the deposit in ASAP and looking for a room to rent.

Reactions: 6 users
I received the call this morning (Thursday) as well. She said she's sending a packet in the mail. Where are we supposed to pay our deposits?

I received the call this morning (Thursday) as well. She said she's sending a packet in the mail. Where are we supposed to pay our deposits?
Online. The information will be in the packet. Mine only took about 2-3 days to arrive.

What day was your interview? Trying to see if they are going in order of interview day. Thanks!

What day was your interview? Trying to see if they are going in order of interview day. Thanks!

I called a while back and they told me it wasn't really going in order of acceptance or interview. They have a list in order of MCAT, GPA etc.

I was interviewed 2/17 and accepted pending seat 2/21 :)

I'm also anxiously awaiting "the call"
:)

I want to say it was on 12/15. I'm not sure what order they go with, but I'm sure it's some ranking we'll never know about.

Best of luck to you. Hopefully we'll be classmates.

A questions for current students, do you need to have your own scrubs at all during your duration at KCOM? just wondering if I need to pack mine for when I move here.

A questions for current students, do you need to have your own scrubs at all during your duration at KCOM? just wondering if I need to pack mine for when I move here.
You wear scrubs for anatomy lab but one of the clubs sells CHEAP scrubs at the beginning of the year. The scrubs you use for anatomy are some you'll not want to keep. So no the first 2 years, you definitely don't need to bring scrubs. Get the used, cheap ones. When you're done with anatomy lab you can donate them back to the club, they get them laundered, and sell them the next year.

@abolt18 are there lockers in the anatomy lab to keep our anatomy scrubs in?

You wear scrubs for anatomy lab but one of the clubs sells CHEAP scrubs at the beginning of the year. The scrubs you use for anatomy are some you'll not want to keep. So no the first 2 years, you definitely don't need to bring scrubs. Get the used, cheap ones. When you're done with anatomy lab you can donate them back to the club, they get them laundered, and sell them the next year.

Thanks!

Also question about research at KCOM. I never really did any in undergrad so I have no experience. Do any professors at KCOM do research with students?

Thanks!

Also question about research at KCOM. I never really did any in undergrad so I have no experience. Do any professors at KCOM do research with students?
Plenty. If you want to do it, you can. I haven't, but if you pursue it, it's available. I'm planning to get involved in some research 3rd year.

Can anybody kick the mod the Facebook group to accept my request to join? :)

Can anybody kick the mod the Facebook group to accept my request to join? :)

Haha, if it's been a while since you requested to join delete your request and then send a new one. That's what I did and after waiting like a week and a half I got put in the group the next day.

Plenty. If you want to do it, you can. I haven't, but if you pursue it, it's available. I'm planning to get involved in some research 3rd year.

Thanks! I want to get some research experience right away, but I figure I'll have to wait and see how busy I am when I get to KCOM. I expect I won't have much time for anything but studying.

Called Financial Aid Office... financial award emails will go out ~end of May. Don't forget to fill out the FAFSA

Reactions: 3 users
Any new movement of the pending seat list?