A.T. Still University Kirksville (ATSU-KCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
put on pre-interview hold here..i hope that changes to good news. gotta stay +ve. better than a straight rejection.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an II! Super excited!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got rejection in mail 8/30.
3.14 cGPA, 3.39 sGPA, 32 MCAT.
Complete ~8/21

hi guys. on the secondary, for the clinical health experience section? did you guys repeat what you put on your aacomas? I am continuing my research and my volunteering and I have additional shadowing that i've done. But the research and volunteering is already on my primary and I updated my primary with the shadowing experiences as well. should i still add it in?

Sorry to here that. Do you remember what your status page said before you got the letter?
Pretty sure it still says the same thing: Application in process
Thanks for the condolences. I'm sure that I'll be getting more rejections than acceptances (probably most of us will), so glad to have a few less to worry about.

Pretty sure it still says the same thing: Application in process
Thanks for the condolences. I'm sure that I'll be getting more rejections than acceptances (probably most of us will), so glad to have a few less to worry about.
Yeah I hear you. Hang in there. It is still early.

Reactions: 1 user
Just scheduled interview. November 17th couldn't come soon enough!

Reactions: 1 users
I got an II email but I don't see any dates available when I tried to schedule it online? Anyone else have this problem? I guess I will call them on Monday.

I got an II email but I don't see any dates available when I tried to schedule it online? Anyone else have this problem? I guess I will call them on Monday.
There are currently no open dates as far as I can see either. I agree that you should just call then on Monday. Congrats!

hi guys. on the secondary, for the clinical health experience section? did you guys repeat what you put on your aacomas? I am continuing my research and my volunteering and I have additional shadowing that i've done. But the research and volunteering is already on my primary and I updated my primary with the shadowing experiences as well. should i still add it in?

Yep just repeat yourself, that's what I did and I got an interview there.

I have a question for anyone familiar with Missouri. I am trying to book a flight there, and I am wondering if it is worth it to fly to the small airport at Kirksville, or to fly to Quincy, IL and try to find a shuttle or something to Kirksville.

Any ideas or thoughts on getting there?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just scheduled interview. November 17th couldn't come soon enough!

Nice I'm interviewing that day too! Also just wanted to give some hope to underdogs out there, my I have a 3.2 GPA and a 29 MCAT. Good luck folks!

Anyone interviewed here and know what questions they ask?

"Have you ever had disciplinary action taken against you by any professional society or professional association?"
Does this include school disciplinary action??

No. Professional society/association =/= schools and colleges.

When you get in an interview does the online "portal" change?

When you get in an interview does the online "portal" change?

I just checked and I didn't see any indication on my portal page that I received an interview, just the email with the invitation.

Just bought my plane tickets for the Oct 27th interview at 8:45! So excited!!

I just got verified on the 10th. How long will I probably have to wait until I will get a secondary?

Giving up my interview here for Oct. 31st in hopes one of you gets it! Good luck!

Just wondering, what's the % interviewed/accepted ratio?

Just wondering, what's the % interviewed/accepted ratio?

I saw a post on KCUMB thread stating (last year):
# applied
# secondary
# interviewed
# accepted

Is anyone on ATSU-KCOM thread have any luck obtaining the stat for last year?

Is anyone here interviewing on 10/10?? (morning) I can not wait for this interview! :)

Last edited:
Yep just repeat yourself, that's what I did and I got an interview there.

I have a question for anyone familiar with Missouri. I am trying to book a flight there, and I am wondering if it is worth it to fly to the small airport at Kirksville, or to fly to Quincy, IL and try to find a shuttle or something to Kirksville.

Any ideas or thoughts on getting there?
If you're flying regionally anyway, just go to Kirksville.

I was asked this question in PM but it may benefit others.

You will have 3 separate 1 on 1 interviews - open file if I remember correctly: 1 with an admissions rep, and 2 others (I think just with faculty. I had 1 with a doc and 1 with a micro professor). Admission rep goes more over your app usually. Anyway it's pretty laid back. Morning interviews are better I think because you can just get the interview done and enjoy the rest of the time here. Other than that you just have lunch with ambassadors, a tour with ambassadors, and some informational q&a time with admissions.

Hey abolt18 - quick question. I'm not sure if you have answered this but I can't find it anywhere on this thread. What are lectures like - class isn't required. So it's all recorded right? Do you just have 2-3 weeks of lecture and then a test? Are there variations to your schedule? 1 day a week clinical exposure or something? This is looking like my top choice as I'm getting all these rejections piling up if I get in. I just want to know what it's like!

Hey abolt18 - quick question. I'm not sure if you have answered this but I can't find it anywhere on this thread. What are lectures like - class isn't required. So it's all recorded right? Do you just have 2-3 weeks of lecture and then a test? Are there variations to your schedule? 1 day a week clinical exposure or something? This is looking like my top choice as I'm getting all these rejections piling up if I get in. I just want to know what it's like!
Lecture is usually anywhere from 3-6 hours a day. I don't go to class (haven't in about a year-except required lectures which are few and far between). All lectures are recorded so you can listen to the audio or watch the video (which shows the slides as they go through them). Block exams are once every 2-5 weeks (usually 3). First semester is heavy on anatomy and some basic sciences, second semester you start systems-based curriculum. So for my class we started GI in January, then did Musculoskeletal, Cardio, and Renal in that semester. Each block you start with sciences like physiology and biochem, then add in your pathology, pharm, and internal medicine courses in the last weeks of the block. Wednesday afternoons are almost always reserved and kept open so students have an easier day in which they can catch up on material from Mon-Wed. Not a lot of clinical exposure 1st year, but honestly I was fine with that. If you want more you can go shadow docs around town or in the hospital.

II Today! OOS (CA) 3.4 gpa 33 MCAT.

dont worry I think half the people who get accepted matriculate elsewhere. Spots definitely open up.

I received my ii today but my MCAT score isn't due back for another week. Not sure how I did yet. Does anyone have any insight on how I should be feeling about the ii without my MCAT being received?

If you're 26+ on the MCAT when it comes I don't think it will matter as much. They must like your application if they're giving you an II without one ;)

Thanks for the input! Yeah I am really hoping that is the result. Scores were all over the place but were improving linearly after the first few practices. Wish me luck! We all need a little!

oh, another question. Is it typical of KCOM to send out ii's without mcat scores? My app was just verified last week so everything has been flooding in!

Congrats!! When were you complete with your secondary?

Thank you! I haven't yet completed it, just received the secondary today. My application was verified last week (took 6 weeks). Just curious as to how typical this is.

Thank you! I haven't yet completed it, just received the secondary today. My application was verified last week (took 6 weeks). Just curious as to how typical this is.
Getting secondaries without letters is very typical.. I don't know of a school that requires letters before a secondary. An interview invite is a different story - I didn't think they offered IIs without letters.

You said you received II (which is an acronym for interview invite). But I totally understand why some people might mistake it for a secondary. lol. it looks like a secondary -.-

and to answer your question, kcom sends secondary application invitation to all applicants with a minimum of 2.8 cgpa and sgpa. So this is typical. They will be looking at your mcat score when they are reviewing your file for an interview invitation. Good luck with the secondary application!! submit it as soon as you can, the earlier the better. don't rush it tho

Yeah - I was going to say they told me they weren't going to even look at my app for an interview until my MCAT score posted (which was 2 weeks after I submitted)

You said you received II (which is an acronym for interview invite). But I totally understand why some people might mistake it for a secondary. lol. it looks like a secondary -.-

and to answer your question, kcom sends secondary application invitation to all applicants with a minimum of 2.8 cgpa and sgpa. So this is typical. They will be looking at your mcat score when they are reviewing your file for an interview invitation. Good luck with the secondary application!! submit it as soon as you can, the earlier the better. don't rush it tho

^ Future President. Lol
On a more serious note I felt like we were all on different pages, so that definitely makes sense. Thanks for the clarification!