A.T. Still University Kirksville (ATSU-KCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone have a sample or full class schedule for this past year? I would just like to see how the day is set up for most students.

Honestly, it varies a lot. There are generally lectures from 8-12 most days with OTM lab on Tues and Thurs morning. The afternoons are variable with labs for various classes, standardized patients, practicals, more lectures etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have a sample or full class schedule for this past year? I would just like to see how the day is set up for most students.
When I was playing around on the ATSU portal I found a link to the schedule from the previous 2 years. I am not sure how early they will post our schedule, but it gave me a pretty good idea of what to expect and how frequently we will have to take exams.

Question about technology: out of the blue yesterday my dad asked me, "you're saving up for a new computer for school, right?" UHHHH idk. I have a MacBook pro that I've had for five years with no problems. I was under the impression that an ipad was included in our fees or whatever, is that right? Is it worth buying a new computer as well then?

Members don't see this ad :)
Question about technology: out of the blue yesterday my dad asked me, "you're saving up for a new computer for school, right?" UHHHH idk. I have a MacBook pro that I've had for five years with no problems. I was under the impression that an ipad was included in our fees or whatever, is that right? Is it worth buying a new computer as well then?

Yes, the iPad is included.

I don't think it's necessary to buy a new computer though. If you want to treat yourself to one as some sort of reward, then that's fine, but you definitely don't need to. I barely use my computer even now. I use my iPad probably 95% of the time.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

It is due on Friday April 15th.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Could someone PM me the link to the deposit site. I totally forgot it was due tomorrow. I was thinking April 30th

Does anyone have a link to the actual calendar and class schedules? I found a pseudo one online but it only shows when the final exams are for the semester. I'm interested in seeing a week by week breakdown by month that some other schools have provided applicants.

Does anyone have a link to the actual calendar and class schedules? I found a pseudo one online but it only shows when the final exams are for the semester. I'm interested in seeing a week by week breakdown by month that some other schools have provided applicants.
+1

You won't be able to see it until you have portal access (which maybe you do already?). If you do, you just log in and then KCOM>Students>Academic Calendar. Attached is just a one month example of what your day will be like.

Attachments

• calendar_2015-07-26_2015-09-06 (2).pdf
    27.3 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
What moving company do people typically go with?

Would someone be willing to PM me a copy of the actual schedules ?

Can anyone provide information about the health insurance nontraditional students carry and how you afford it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, has anyone on the accepted "pending" list gotten an update? Thanks!

Hey guys, has anyone on the accepted "pending" list gotten an update? Thanks!

Not a word yet. I've seen on here that some people who've been accepted pending a seat after I did have gotten official acceptances so I'm figuring we're ranked. That makes it that much harder to guess when we would know! But with deposit deadlines coming up, we should expect some movement soonish.

Person I know who [I think] interviewed 1/8 was called with acceptance from WL. I interviewed [I think] 1/22; will update when/if I get word.

Hey guys,

If you don't plan on going to KCOM, please let them know. Some of us are still waiting to hear back. Thanks.

Just want to clarify that while the cost of an iPad is included in your loan disbursements, it's still up to you to buy the iPad. As far as computer/laptop, whatever you have is fine.

Looks like there has been some movement this week!
I got a call for a seat Tuesday morning! I interviewed on 3/25. Best of luck to those of you waiting!

Hi Everyone!
I was just accepted to another school and will have to withdraw my acceptance to KCOM. I signed a lease on an apartment that I now need to cancel and I am looking to find another tenant to take my place. It is a great rental only for ATSU students and rent is only $600 a month. It is a single occupancy unit and comes equip with a refrigerator, stove, microwave, and dishwasher. It is literally across the street from the ATSU campus and the realtor in charge of the unit is incredibly easy to work with. send me a private message if you are interested and looking for housing.

Hey guys, how soon after sending in your acceptance and deposit did you receive your portal account login stuff?

I used to live in the area. My family is well acquainted with that hospital. Part of me wants to apply, but the other half wants to stay in the sunny South.

Side question: how many of you are from NEMO?

2mnpzz5.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Hello all. So I've just withdrawn my acceptance from KCOM, but have already signed a lease for an apartment in Kirksville that I now need to sublet. If anyone is still looking for housing feel free to shoot me a message. It's a one bedroom/one bathroom apartment 1.5 miles from ATSU. $550 a month with washer and dryer in the unit. If you want to see pictures, here's a link: http://vistaheightsapts.com/listings/2212-s-marion-255066

Just got the phone call, and I'm in for this year!

Reactions: 1 users
For any first years or older - so after receiving the formal white coat ceremony invitation in the mail I can't help but ask why it is located in kirksville primary school? I feel hesitant to invite more family members now not knowing what to expect. That seems like a odd location for such a big event.

For any first years or older - so after receiving the formal white coat ceremony invitation in the mail I can't help but ask why it is located in kirksville primary school? I feel hesitant to invite more family members now not knowing what to expect. That seems like a odd location for such a big event.

Hmm not sure. It was located in the auditorium on the Truman campus last year. I'm not sure what size the gym or auditorium is at Kirksville primary.

The rumor I heard is that Truman is renovating the hall that the ceremony is usually held in, so the elementary school was the only thing else they could get. This does indeed suck for the new class and does make it feel low rent. In such a small town though, I don't believe there was another option.

I've just finished 2nd year here at KCOM and am taking boards in the next couple weeks. I'll be around. If you have any questions feel free to tag me. If you feel those questions are more "specific" feel free to PM me. I'll to my best to answer. Also, I've written plenty of long, detailed posts in last year's thread. Feel free to check that one out. Good luck with the application cycle everyone! KCOM has been a great school for me and my family. I look forward to starting rotations here in just over a month.
Have they accepted students with 498 Mcat but pretty high Gpa?

I seriously have no idea. I don't even know what a 498 MCAT is. I had a 28. In any case, I don't know much about the admissions statistics at this point. I'm too far removed from all that.

I want to say that the average for this years class was a 504 but I could be wrong. I too had an old score and have no idea what a 27 is now

If memory serves correctly, a 498 is roughly equivalent to a 23-24, so I would say that it is very unlikely. The last couple of years have had an avg in the vicinity of a 28.

If memory serves correctly, a 498 is roughly equivalent to a 23-24, so I would say that it is very unlikely. The last couple of years have had an avg in the vicinity of a 28.
Key word being avg. So if they're a little below average with a high gpa I'd think that's ok right? I had avg mcat with below avg gpa.