A.T. Still University Kirksville (ATSU-KCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just received an email saying "Congratulations! You are well on your way to becoming a health care professional by accepting our offer to interview!". Is this an interview invite???

Members don't see this ad.

I just got an email saying "You are well on your way to becoming a health care professional by accepting our offer to interview!" I never received an email inviting me to Interview so I'm not sure if this counts as an II. The email has no link to sign up for the interview. Anyone receive something similar?
Lol. I was wondering the same thing!

How much do you guys think I should change my secondary essay answers from last year. I applied REALLY late last year (secondary was done in Jan...) but I felt like my answers were great. Would it be a big knock against me if I only tweaked them a little bit? They're the same questions as last year and I'm doing a Master's program now, but that's the only difference really.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an email saying "Congratulations! You are well on your way to becoming a health care professional by accepting our offer to interview!". Is this an interview invite???
I got that too! Except I haven't even submitted my secondary yet :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
I got the same email... from the office of diversity. Same wording.

Interview invite?

I just went from feeling really good to really not good lol.

Same here!

I'm scheduled to interview at ATSU-KCOM in November! I'm so pumped for this!
I just received an email saying "Congratulations! You are well on your way to becoming a health care professional by accepting our offer to interview!". Is this an interview invite??

Man, that email is not good. Giving people false hope is worse than rejecting them. I got an II from here a little while ago, and I have gotten no such email.

They messed up bad there.

Just got a reply back saying please disregard the "Congratulations! You are well on your way to becoming a health care professional by accepting our offer to interview!" email. Hope this clears things up for everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a reply back saying please disregard the "Congratulations! You are well on your way to becoming a health care professional by accepting our offer to interview!" email. Hope this clears things up for everyone.

Yea but it says they'll send secondary soon. But I've already completed secondary -_-

Rejected via snail mail. II from SOMA a week later... oh well I didn't want to live in MO anyway... or at least I keep telling myself that :(

Sorry to hear that, when were you complete and what were your stats? if you don't mind me asking

Lets see here. Let me dive into my excel spread sheet from hell... First I must remove the black shadow I have placed over the A.T. Still Kirksville line that I add to all schools that reject me. Ahhhh ok it looks like I was complete on 7/29 and received a beautiful composed rejection letter on 8/24 in my mailbox. My stats are extremely top secret. I only reveal LizzyM ranges of 10 or more on SDN so as to hide my real identity from committee members that are not actually looking for me. Just kidding. 3.1c/3.0s/4.0g/30 MCAT

That was an interesting read thanks. Nice to see your spirits are not dampened. I never got those people who are afraid to post their stats. Good luck at the schools, hope you get in.

I am trying not to take things too seriously because I would go insane this year. It helps that I have 4 interviews already which I am thrilled about and feel very fortunate about. I get the anonymity thing but it's taken to an extreme here. Also, I try to just not post anything on here that i would mind if anyone knew who I was.

Interviewing on December 4th at 845 in the morn.. hope to see some of you SDN'ers there!

If anyone is flying into Kansas City the day before the oct 12th interview and would like to split the cost of gas let me know! It was the cheapest airport for me to fly into but would love to meet some fellow interviewees during my trip if anyone wants to get dinner or drinks?

If anyone is flying into Kansas City the day before the oct 12th interview and would like to split the cost of gas let me know! It was the cheapest airport for me to fly into but would love to meet some fellow interviewees during my trip if anyone wants to get dinner or drinks?
interviewing on tuesday as well. will be driving down there monday but still need to book a hotel

wait this is the wrong thread. bu t i am interviewiing at KCU on the 12th

Interviewing November 2! Very excited. Any recommendations on hotels to stay at?

Interviewing November 2! Very excited. Any recommendations on hotels to stay at?
I've stayed at both Holiday Inn Express and Comfort Inn in Kirksville...both were decent.

For people wondering what rotation sites look like, this guide lets you know what your options are (and probably will be exactly the same for next year). A lot of the rotation sites have students rotating and matching at prestigious residencies FYI -- aka we had a student match for residency at Wash U St. Louis in Anesthesiology last year and the year before that Plastics @ Mayo Clinic and those are just the Ivy leagues. If you're wanting to go big here, KCOM gives you a competitive education.

http://www.atsu.edu/kcom/admissions/pdfs/siteguide.pdf

Reactions: 1 users
For people wondering what rotation sites look like, this guide lets you know what your options are (and probably will be exactly the same for next year). A lot of the rotation sites have students rotating and matching at prestigious residencies FYI -- aka we had a student match for residency at Wash U St. Louis in Anesthesiology last year and the year before that Plastics @ Mayo Clinic and those are just the Ivy leagues. If you're wanting to go big here, KCOM gives you a competitive education.

http://www.atsu.edu/kcom/admissions/pdfs/siteguide.pdf
I will clarify, there are usually rotations that come and go each year. It seems 1 or 2 are lost each year. 1 or 2 are picked up each year. Nothing is set in stone as far as that goes.

How many months of electives does KCOM offer? Any in third year?

2 months of electives at the end of 3rd year so that's March and April I believe.
Awesome thank you. How are your rotations going? Are you in Orem, SLC or Logan? Do you like it?

Awesome thank you. How are your rotations going? Are you in Orem, SLC or Logan? Do you like it?
None of the above. Decided against rotating in Utah. Wanted a place with residents to teach me instead of just 1 on 1 with a doc every day. Rotations is immensely better than sitting on my butt studying all day. I love it, but I'm only 3 rotations in.

Hey all! I applied last cycle and am accepted to KCOM. They deferred me until next July since the class seats were already full. I have been through the medical school application process twice, interviewed at a number of schools, and been through the whole process with KCOM. I am excited to be a future colleague with yall. I'll be sticking around the forums if yall have any questions. @abolt18 among a few others are veterans and current students who can also help out.

Reactions: 2 users
been complete for over a month...a whole lot of silence.

anyone else in the same boat?

Been complete for 2 months. Silence!!

Reactions: 3 users
II!! They sent it to me at 11:30 last night oddly enough haha. Super excited about this one! :)

I sent my secondary in early July. Haven't heard anything after. It has been over than 2 month now. Do they silently reject people before interview

I sent my secondary in early July. Haven't heard anything after. It has been over than 2 month now. Do they silently reject people before interview

They send you a snail mail saying you were rejected when they decide not to interview.

Guys I have a quick question. I was labeled verified 3 days ago (yes i know i am somewhat late). My question is, How long does it take for the school to send you the secondary after verification? (My letters are not in as of right now)

Received a letter via USPS a few weeks ago which I thought said my application was placed on hold for review later.....did anybody else get similar

Last edited:
Well 4 business days and nothing. This is scary. Afraid my application ended up not making it in or something.

I wouldn't worry too much yet, they're probably busier now than when I got mine and it's taking longer to verify the GPA requirement to send out secondaries!

I wouldn't worry too much yet, they're probably busier now than when I got mine and it's taking longer to verify the GPA requirement to send out secondaries!
Oh lord let us hope that. i have gotten anything back from any of my DOs. I really have to check if all of them do the GPA screening. Man i really hope this place. Hope i am not too late

My doctor went there, and I used to live in the region. It's a good school, even though it's out in the middle of nowhere.

I visited the medical museum, and noticed larger-than-expected numbers of women in the very old pictures. I asked if they had a nursing school at one time, and the docent told me that Dr. Still believed in the equality of women, and unlike most medical schools of the era, this one has always admitted women on the same footings as men. :) Some schools (medical and otherwise) do 50/50, which I don't agree with; I don't think Still University does that either.

I have an interview here on October 9th. Is there anyone who has interviewed already that might be able to offer some feedback?

I am also interviewing October 9th. An admissions officer that visited my school recently told me that they don't start interviewing until next week. I have heard the interviews are all pretty easy-going. If any current students could offer some advice that would be great!