A.T. Still University Kirksville (ATSU-KCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
November 20th. I'm looking for an earlier date though!
Keep checking every day! My date was originally in December, new spots open up in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected post-secondary. It looks like a good program, congrats to all those interviewing and getting acceptances!

Anyone else interviewing this Friday the 9th?

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected post-secondary. It looks like a good program, congrats to all those interviewing and getting acceptances!
Did they send you snail mail or email with an official rejection? I submitted my secondary 7/17 and have not heard a single thing from them. I'm going to take that as a rejection for myself as well.

How long does it take to get an interview after complete email?

Did they send you snail mail or email with an official rejection? I submitted my secondary 7/17 and have not heard a single thing from them. I'm going to take that as a rejection for myself as well.

Snail mail. I wouldn't assume a rejection until you've gotten it, gotta keep optimistic! How long has it been since you were considered complete though?

Accepted!!!!!! I got a call around 3 pm (Thursday) and they said to expect stuff in the mail next week. I interviewed this week with a LizzyM of 65 in case anyone is wondering. Sooooo excited!

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted! Just got the phone call today!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted! Just got the phone call today!

Hey what schools do you have acceptances for? Which school are you leaning towards? I believe I met you at Kcoms interview day if your're the gentleman from Alaska, which I'm assuming you are by your screen name.

Last edited:
Accepted! Always a good day when you get that accepted call!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey what schools do you have acceptances for? Which school are you leaning towards? I believe I met you at Kcoms interview day if your're the gentleman from Alaska, which I'm assuming you are by your screen name.

I am the Alaskan! I have a few acceptances and I haven't picked one yet. I'm still waiting to hear back from a few schools too. I really liked KCOM though. What about you?

Anyone who is interviewing tomorrow staying the night and would want to get dinner or drinks?

Oh I meant for tomorrow after the interview sorry I should've clarified!

Interviewed here today and I loved it! The facilities are really top notch and the students and faculty were all soooo soooo friendly! My interviewers were very kind and conversational, I felt that they truly just wanted to get to know me. Wonderful program with a lot of pride and history here! Also, the museum is super cool!

Side note: I stayed at the Days Inn and they had wi-fi and a continental breakfast in the morning. About a 7 minute drive to campus. Also, I ate at Pagiali's (sp?) downtown and had a Palonza. Definitely better than a calzone!l and the service was great!

I had an awesome interview experience :)

Does the "processed secondary app, here is your code" email mean I'm complete?
Submitted 10/12, Received Processed secondary email 10/14

Does the "processed secondary app, here is your code" email mean I'm complete?
Submitted 10/12, Received Processed secondary email 10/14
No. Follow the link, enter the code, and it will tell you

No. Follow the link, enter the code, and it will tell you
Thanks for the reply. Everything has been received and has a date stamped with it.
Will they email me with a complete email or does this mean I'm complete?

Thanks for the reply. Everything has been received and has a date stamped with it.
Will they email me with a complete email or does this mean I'm complete?
I don't remember for certain, but I don't think you get another email until you get a II. If your complete on there, then don't worry, your complete.

^ I'm wondering the same thing, it says received with dates over a month ago but I haven't gotten a complete email or call

^ I'm wondering the same thing, it says received with dates over a month ago but I haven't gotten a complete email or call
They don't send a complete email you just have to check the portal to make sure everything is received

Anyone know when classes fill up here? I can't interview until December and I really hope it's not just for a spot on the wait list...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know when classes fill up here? I can't interview until December and I really hope it's not just for a spot on the wait list...

I think they fill up about February or March. I interviewed in December and got in.

Thanks. That's fantastic news!

rejection letter in mail today, complete September 10th

II! Really wanna go but budget is tight and seat deposit fees are coming up. A lot to think about!

Interview confirmed for December 21st at 11:45 am. The D.O doctor I shadowed went here and had great things to say about the school so I've definitely had my eye out for this one!

Current OMS1 here, I very infrequently check these boards anymore but figured I'd throw my username out there if any of you have questions about school/life here. I'm from Baltimore, so I've made quite the transition to Kirksville. Loving it so far! Good luck to all of you.

I interviewed in December of last year and got in. Was put on the "accepted pending an open seat/definite seat for next year's class", but I kept calling each week and eventually a spot opened up in late February.

Accepted today! Just got the phone call :) very excited!! Interviewed 10/12

I was complete in August and I still haven't heard anything from this school. I was expecting to receive a rejection letter but I haven't even gotten that yet. Should I call? I'm hoping that since I haven't gotten a letter, I'm still being considered.

Accepted today also :) so excited! Also interviewed 10/12!

Accepted this morning! I am so excited. I loved my interview experience at ATSU and I was very impressed with the school, faculty, and town. I will be matriculating here.

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 10/9, accepted today!

I was complete in August and I still haven't heard anything from this school. I was expecting to receive a rejection letter but I haven't even gotten that yet. Should I call? I'm hoping that since I haven't gotten a letter, I'm still being considered.

Everyone I've spoken with at admissions has been very open and helpful regarding status updates. I would call.

Current OMS1 here, I very infrequently check these boards anymore but figured I'd throw my username out there if any of you have questions about school/life here. I'm from Baltimore, so I've made quite the transition to Kirksville. Loving it so far! Good luck to all of you.
Ditto for me, minus the Baltimore part.

Interviewing here October 30th. I'm really considering this school or Campbell. Would anyone going here currently or planning on going here be willing to tell me of its advantages? What is student life like? How do professors help you?

Interviewing here October 30th. I'm really considering this school or Campbell. Would anyone going here currently or planning on going here be willing to tell me of its advantages? What is student life like? How do professors help you?

I know that when I interviewed, I found the students that I encountered and the staff to be among the most friendly people that I had met at any of my other interviews. Our class is, overall, very friendly and collaborative. I think that KCOM does a good job in selecting a compatible student body. People all work together well. By coming to KCOM you get the benefit of going to a school that is the epitome of established. Campbell seems to have their act together pretty well, but being as they are so new there is a certain amount of unknown there. The curriculum here is pretty tried and true. Professors have an open door policy and most are willing to take the time to help you should you need help. The school also has a learning center that is open to everyone who wants to find out what study methods may work better for them. One thing to consider when comparing KCOM to Campbell is that at KCOM most classes do not have required attendance and there is no dress code for the vast majority of classes. I find that to be a big benefit. While I go to the majority of classes, I like having the option to miss should I need/want to and I am a very casual person so I enjoy not having to wear dress clothes all day everyday to sit in a lecture hall.

This time last year, I had numerous acceptances and chose KCOM. We are 5 blocks in and I am still very content with my decision to attend here and if I had to do it over again I would still choose KCOM. Good luck with your interviews!

I know that when I interviewed, I found the students that I encountered and the staff to be among the most friendly people that I had met at any of my other interviews. Our class is, overall, very friendly and collaborative. I think that KCOM does a good job in selecting a compatible student body. People all work together well. By coming to KCOM you get the benefit of going to a school that is the epitome of established. Campbell seems to have their act together pretty well, but being as they are so new there is a certain amount of unknown there. The curriculum here is pretty tried and true. Professors have an open door policy and most are willing to take the time to help you should you need help. The school also has a learning center that is open to everyone who wants to find out what study methods may work better for them. One thing to consider when comparing KCOM to Campbell is that at KCOM most classes do not have required attendance and there is no dress code for the vast majority of classes. I find that to be a big benefit. While I go to the majority of classes, I like having the option to miss should I need/want to and I am a very casual person so I enjoy not having to wear dress clothes all day everyday to sit in a lecture hall.

This time last year, I had numerous acceptances and chose KCOM. We are 5 blocks in and I am still very content with my decision to attend here and if I had to do it over again I would still choose KCOM. Good luck with your interviews!

Wow thank you so much for your input! I really appreciate it! I'm certainly looking for a school where professors are available. Are the lectures recorded, and are presentations posted online? What would you say are the benefits/negatives of living in Kirksville?

I just wanna throw out that I really liked the student ambassadors at kcom. They seemed like really genuine, fun, intelligent people that i would really like to have as classmates. It seems to me that Regardless where you go, the classmates your with during med school are bound to be enormously influential on the overall experience and I think that is a major strength that this school has.

Wow thank you so much for your input! I really appreciate it! I'm certainly looking for a school where professors are available. Are the lectures recorded, and are presentations posted online? What would you say are the benefits/negatives of living in Kirksville?

The lectures are recorded. They consist of the Powerpoint with audio. They also put the Powerpoint files and in most classes a written handout on Blackboard for you to download or print. The benefits of living in Kirksville are that the cost of living is extremely reasonable, most of the local people are quite friendly, and the crime rates are really low. I am very used to rural areas and am not a big fan of city life so Kirksville is a great match for me. The downside is that, while you have everything you need to live here, the area is wanting for great dining and if you are looking for big time shopping you may need to run down to Columbia (about 90 miles south). Overall, for me the benefits greatly outweigh the negatives. I would suggest when you come for your interview taking a drive around town and seeing if it is the sort of place you could see yourself living for at least 2 years.