A.T. Still University Kirksville (ATSU-KCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still waiting patiently... lol Good luck to all of you with interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II here this morning. First one for me! Can anyone advise on the best way to get to Kirksville? I'm planning to fly.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

II. I second the flight question. They show options for three airports that are commonly used. Any experience on the best option? St. Louis, Kansas City, or Des Moines

II. I second the flight question. They show options for three airports that are commonly used. Any experience on the best option? St. Louis, Kansas City, or Des Moines

Probably whichever has the cheapest flights lol. Pretty sure they're all the same distance away, but then again i've never been to the Missouri triangle.

they're all good. the cheapest is best. i really liked kansas city and des moines because they are smaller than stl and security was really fast.

I was complete on 08/08/16 and it has been pin drop silence. Should I be worried? For those who recieved II already, how long did you guys wait after completing your secondary?

I was complete on 08/08/16 and it has been pin drop silence. Should I be worried? For those who recieved II already, how long did you guys wait after completing your secondary?
I was complete 3 months before getting an interview a few years back. Chill it. Call them if it's been 5-6 weeks with no word.

I was complete 3 months before getting an interview a few years back. Chill it. Call them if it's been 5-6 weeks with no word.
Thank you. How is life in Kirksville now? Is it still cheaper to live? It was so cheap during 2009-2010 when I did my first three semesters at TRUMAN.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah, thank you. Congrats!!!

Little late to the party, but II received 8/19! Complete 8/8, OOS.

Reactions: 1 users
Did they give you any reason for that?
No I'm a little suprised honestly, I know they don't have a strong in state bias but I'm a MO resident
Did you attend TRUMAN by any chance? I know they take lot of graduates from Truman. Ya, you have good stats for other schools as long as you have some volunteer/clinical experiences. Goodluck! I was completed on 08/08 and it has been a 'pin drop' silence.

Last edited:
Rejected via email just now
complete 7/15

Your stats are really good man. That's surprising. My stats are lower. I'm also a MO resident. You're scaring me!! Completed 7/7. Silence ;0

Did you attend TRUMAN by any chance? I know they take lot of graduates from Truman. Ya, you have good stats for other schools as long as you have some volunteer/clinical experiences. Goodluck! I was completed on 08/08 and it has been a 'pin drop' silence.
I actually went to mizzou for undergrad but my advisor said they typically like MO residents. Oh well, can't win em all haha. Good luck to you as well!

Your stats are really good man. That's surprising. My stats are lower. I'm also a MO resident. You're scaring me!! Completed 7/7. Silence ;0
Im sure you will be fine, thank you good luck to you as well!

Rejected yesterday via email.

3.4s/c GPA

do you all think that ATSU-Soma would be worth applying to since I was already rejected by Kirksville or would they view that negatively?

thanks

do you all think that ATSU-Soma would be worth applying to since I was already rejected by Kirksville or would they view that negatively?

thanks
I don't they would even know. Their admissions committee is completely separate.

Hey all, I know there are a few older students out here serving up some stellar advice already, but let me know if there's any advice I can offer! I'm a first year a little over a month in so I hope to offer some help about the application and interview process as well as working out the logistics of moving here. (Really I'm just putting off studying more because my brain is fried. :rolleyes:)

Hey all, I know there are a few older students out here serving up some stellar advice already, but let me know if there's any advice I can offer! I'm a first year a little over a month in so I hope to offer some help about the application and interview process as well as working out the logistics of moving here. (Really I'm just putting off studying more because my brain is fried. :rolleyes:)

How's first year so far? I heard they ease you in and then things get harder as they progress? Any classes you wish you would have taken in college?

How's first year so far? I heard they ease you in and then things get harder as they progress? Any classes you wish you would have taken in college?

I love it here! I do think we got eased into things, which was nice. As we started classes, a lot of the material was review for most of us. Our schedule and exams and quizzes picked up pretty quickly though. We've already got our second block exam on Monday.

As for classes, I'd say not to worry if there are things you didn't take in undergrad because the reviews are thorough enough that everyone has a base knowledge for the material they add on. In my experience, I wish I would've had a better biochem course in undergrad. It's possible to learn everything here, I just wish I would've learned as much as my classmates that were biochem majors. I'm really glad I took A&P in my gap year. It would've been possible to get by without it, but it's just easier learning this new material with the basics already drilled into my head. I can't imagine not having any A&P before med school. Even if you can't take it as a class before coming, at least find an A&P for dummies book or something!

Another first year here. Let me know if you have any questions and good luck to you all!

i would agree with the above poster. anything you can take in undergrad before you start med school is a good idea. biochem, phys, anatomy, histo, micro, etc. are all good. you won't learn it in as much detail in college, but at least you have somewhere to start and have seen the information before. it will definitely help. with that said, don't prestudy stuff before you start. enjoy your summer and your life. you'll have plenty of time to study.

Sweet! Finally some movement.

Reactions: 1 users