A.T. Still University Kirksville (KCOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JamesLMT

Accidentally Accepted
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
New Year, New Thread!!! Discuss away!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Can any current students (or future students who know) answer a few questions for me?

What's the housing situation like? Are there apartments within walking distance? Garage parking?

Housing is nice and inexpensive, I am renting a brand-new (currently being built) apartment for $550 a month that is only two or three blocks from school. Some places have garages, but I wouldn't make it a deal breaker...

Members don't see this ad :)
Housing is nice and inexpensive, I am renting a brand-new (currently being built) apartment for $550 a month that is only two or three blocks from school. Some places have garages, but I wouldn't make it a deal breaker...

Thanks, that's nice to know :) $550 isn't bad at all. No garage would be a dealbreaker for me. I hate getting into a hot car and I hate being buried in snow.

I've heard it's a really small town and rural area. Anything to do there?

Btw, what was the secondary prompt last year? Searched the 2011 thread, but couldn't find it.

Thanks, that's nice to know :) $550 isn't bad at all. No garage would be a dealbreaker for me. I hate getting into a hot car and I hate being buried in snow.

I've heard it's a really small town and rural area. Anything to do there?

Btw, what was the secondary prompt last year? Searched the 2011 thread, but couldn't find it.
There is a decent amount of stuff to do, nothing too crazy, this is part of the reason I'm going here. If I stayed in Des Moines I would not focus at all. As far as the garage thing, no one really likes it, its just something we all deal with. But like I said I know of some condos that are rented by the palmisios (or something similar) and they have garages and are close to school.

I'm taking the MCAT June 21st and am going to apply to KCOM immediately afterwards. Does anyone know what they ask you to write this year for the personal statement on the secondary application ? Trying to get everything together so I can apply ASAP

For various school info, click here.
For this years KCOM applicants.

I have been accepted and I will be starting this fall, like our good friend dntke1518 (who is on SDN waaay tooo much! JK)

This is just my personal experiences through the process that many of you are about to go through. I'm not someone special or anything like that. I'm just someone that wants to help you newbies out that are probably overwhelmed with all this stuff you got to do to get accepted.

Remember your goal: becoming a physician. If you remember this, it'll help guide you throughout this process more times than you can count.

Osteopathic Medicine:

Learn about osteopathic medicine before you decide to apply. Osteopathic schools are pretty good about figuring out if you really want to learn about their style of medicine. In fact, if DO schools simply took the "scraps" from MD schools, then DO schools would have higher GPA and MCAT averages. Their goal is to pick people who would make good osteopathic doctors.

KCOM:

Founding school! So what? Well there is a lot of pride in this. That being said they love to push forward and advance osteopathic education. There is never something that is perfect, and they seek to refine it til it's better. Look up about their program with the ultrasounds. Also, starting with this current incoming class of 2016, the entire class will be receiving iPad 3s as they have found that it actually has assisted in the students education. Is this a gimmick? No. In my opinion, the ultrasound really helps you learn the anatomy from a different perspective. It's also giving us a huge head start in something that is clinically relevant.

Why KCOM vs any school?

Personal choice. People love DMU because of the city, for instance. Great. People love KCOM for it's particular advancements and whatever. Unless you are considering radically different tier of schools, does it really matter on a given ranking?

Now that I'm on the "inside" and have seen what it's like for months, I can say that this school is always trying very hard for their students. I'm not saying you won't find that any where else, but I doubt you'd find very many that are trying at this high of a level.

Ranking:

Osteopathic schools don't have rankings. And while MD schools do, rankings can easily be made to favor one school over another. If you decide on a school based off its rank, then you're an idiot.
And KCOM is ranked number 1. What study claims this? Mine. I made it up since that's where I'm going.

City:

Well it's not a city, it's a town, or village, or whatever you'd call a small place. About a 8 minute drive and you're out of town. This turns a lot of people off as people love the big city and how much there is to do… but wait: you're in med school, you don't have time to constantly go out. This is your time to learn your craft. Sorry, undergrad/grad school is done.

Does this mean our time will be gone, of course not. But do you really want to choose a school based on its nightlife? If you do: please rethink med school. This is just my opinion.

I does have a movie theatre and two mcdonalds. But note, there isn't a Bestbuy or many of those type of stores. Bestbuy is expensive, so good riddance. But microcenter or whatever... not there (go newegg).

And there's plenty of bars for those that want them.

Perhaps consider it a bonus that housing is reallllly cheap. And consider that there's very little traffic and commuting is extremely short. You save a lot of time this way.

I do know that Sprint and Verizon work just fine up there.

After being up here for a months, I can say that the town is really big enough. You have the stores you need, aside from some speciality stores and electronic stores. But that's where amazon and newegg come in. There is enough restaurants really. There's a good mexican restaurant, La Pachanga's, so what else do you need?

KCOM's Website:

Horrible horrible website. Oh well. They are in the process of redoing it.

Deposits:

If I remember right, there are three deposits: First one is due I believe two weeks after you are accepted and it's $1000. And then general two other deposits in April and May for $500 each.

"Free" Equipment:

During orientation they will be giving us a "doctors bag". It'll have a stethoscope (Littmann Cardiology III), and other stuff. Also, this year they will be handing us the New iPad. You can elect to get your own instead, but it is required.

This comes out of a $600 fee they charge, but this year they are charging $600 less for something else, so essentially it's just moving money around. There is no net difference. They are saving money on not printing paper powerpoints for everyone every lecture they said. Do note that electronic notes is the way of the future, but paper notes can still be printed off yourself: you're just killing innocent trees that way.

Interview:

Three interviews last year. Two faculty/doctor interviews then an admissions interview. As with all interviews, make sure you keep your story straight. Also, make sure you are honest. Sell yourself, but spare the extreme hype as it'll only do the opposite that you intend it to do. Stay relaxed.

Clerkships and Residencies:

If you notice and compare, KCOM has some good clerkships. Perhaps not the best, but definitely some great ones.

One of the first things I noticed is the quality residencies that KCOM students have been getting. It's not just a one year thing, rather it is something that is consistent. I also noticed that KCOM is not really primed towards primary care as DMU or LeCOM might be. Also, you'll notice there's alot of MD residencies that KCOM students fill.

Do remember that with any school, no matter how great their residency list is, it doesn't mean you'll get a great residency! Nor does a "bad" residency list ensure you of getting a "bad" residency. Only you, yes you, can ultimately determine your fate.

Board Scores:

Osteopathic schools are not required to release board scores, which is a shame. I think they should be required to. However, from unofficial evidence that I've seen, KCOM has had significiantly higher board scores than most other schools. It does appear that they did have a year or two of less than stellar scores, which is why I don't think they advertise their averages currently. However, looking at information in the early to mid 2000's, they seem to easily crush any school for the most part. I was recently told that the very recent scores were quite awesome.

Accepted/Accepted Pending Seat/Alternate List/Rejected:

It seems that after your interview you find out rather quickly (1 week) if you have been selected. If not, you might wait. I believe there were some that were told that they would receive a decision on Jan. 18th I believe, which was a month or two for some.

Accepted: You know what this is.

Accepted pending seat: This is like a waitlist except you are definitely in med school, albeit this or next year. If you get this, you are accepted automatically for next year if they don't have a seat for you.

Generally movement does not occur until a few days after April 15, though it is only a few people. More movement comes after May 1st. May 1st is the first 500 dollar deposit for late accepted students. Even more movement comes after May 15th as it is the final deposit for many students.

If you are on this list, relax: you're in med school. Generally speaking the movement on this list is pretty good.

Alternate list: There seems to be very little movement in the past on this list. Sorry.

Rejected: Like the Chicago Cubs, try again next year (except you'll have a much better chance of succeeding).

Housing:

This is important: Get it early. Housing starts to go quick. I would say that once you hit about March, alot of the good places are gone. I found an awesome townhouse in mid-march and I lucked out. Sure, moderately decent places will be around, but if you are picky or have cats, like me, you'll need to step up and get you $#!^ in gear.

I would say prices range from 350-450 for one bedroom apartment to 450-650 for two bed apartment to 600-800 for a small house. This is just what I saw anyways.

Make sure you NEVER rent sight unseen!

Tuition:

Let's face it: Medical Schools are expensive. Well, except perhaps for your state schools. I would say KCOM is on par with other osteopathic medical schools on this. Many SDNers would quickly state that you should go with your instate schools if it saves you a ton of money, unless there is a really good reason to do other wise. I'd probably agree. A school that's slightly "better" than another isn't worth 20 grand more a year. But that being said, I'm sure current KCOMers are happy with the money spent.

Last edited:
Can any current students (or future students who know) answer a few questions for me?

What's the housing situation like? Are there apartments within walking distance? Garage parking?

Housing is just fine. It's important to get it early though.

There are places that have garages, but it varies.
And really almost anywhere is in some kind of walking distance.

The "Free Equipment" isn't free though. It all comes out of your own pocket. I'm sure the school gets a sizable discount on the med equipment, but for the iPad, it is just a $10 discount and no tax.

The "Free Equipment" isn't free though. It all comes out of your own pocket. I'm sure the school gets a sizable discount on the med equipment, but for the iPad, it is just a $10 discount and no tax.

Hence the quotation marks. There's never a "free" iLunch.

For the new applicants, the iPad is required.10 dollar discount and no tax isn't bad. Assuming tax is 7-10%, that's about 40-50 dollars you don't have to worry about. So discount of 50-60 bucks is great.

I adjusted the big post to put the quotes around "free" only.

Last edited:
Hence the quotation marks. There's never a "free" iLunch.

For the new applicants, the iPad is required.10 dollar discount and no tax isn't bad. Assuming tax is 7-10%, that's about 40-50 dollars you don't have to worry about. So discount of 50-60 bucks is great.

I adjusted the big post to put the quotes around "free" only.

Yeah it's a sizable discount unless you live in Oregon or are in the military to buy it on base. Also that $10 goes to three apps, but those apps cost $6 total. But I'm not complaining about the $4 lost, since that will probably go somewhere in terms of support and what not.

The pilot program already sounds great, but they already have some kinks to hammer out in terms of getting things figured out with people who already have iPads. But that's expected with all new programs I guess.

It's exciting nonetheless

Yeah it's a sizable discount unless you live in Oregon or are in the military to buy it on base. Also that $10 goes to three apps, but those apps cost $6 total. But I'm not complaining about the $4 lost, since that will probably go somewhere in terms of support and what not.

The pilot program already sounds great, but they already have some kinks to hammer out in terms of getting things figured out with people who already have iPads. But that's expected with all new programs I guess.

It's exciting nonetheless

Oh no doubt there's gonna be kinks. The biggest thing at this point is that they are arming us with them. In the future they are highly considering doing exams via iPads somehow, however, I believe this is going to be a couple years away.

At this point, it's obvious they are merely handing them to us and learning how to hand them out and how to teach us to use them efficiently. I'm sure it's harder than it sounds. Of course there will be other things, like learning how to get faculty on board (they are to submit ppts in a particular format before lectures) and stuff like that.

In either case, I think this will be useful.

And most people don't live on base, or in Oregon. Naturally if you can find one cheaper, than you rock. It should be noted that for some reason they are requiring the 32gb and the 16gb is somehow not enough. Any though why? (Esp with cloud storage).

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh no doubt there's gonna be kinks. The biggest thing at this point is that they are arming us with them. In the future they are highly considering doing exams via iPads somehow, however, I believe this is going to be a couple years away.

At this point, it's obvious they are merely handing them to us and learning how to hand them out and how to teach us to use them efficiently. I'm sure it's harder than it sounds. Of course there will be other things, like learning how to get faculty on board (they are to submit ppts in a particular format before lectures) and stuff like that.

In either case, I think this will be useful.

And most people don't live on base, or in Oregon. Naturally if you can find one cheaper, than you rock. It should be noted that for some reason they are requiring the 32gb and the 16gb is somehow not enough. Any though why? (Esp with cloud storage).

Well 16 may not be enough since some people are going to want music and movies on them. Regardless of that, it was about half recommending 16, and half recommending 32 on some pre-med discussions about iPad memory. But now with iPad3 having increases in the space taken by the upgraded apps, I think 32 is a safe and good bet.

I think they are also preparing us for the future in case we take these on rotations.

Cloud storage might be nice, but it's not instant (although I'm sure it comes close).

Well 16 may not be enough since some people are going to want music and movies on them. Regardless of that, it was about half recommending 16, and half recommending 32 on some pre-med discussions about iPad memory. But now with iPad3 having increases in the space taken by the upgraded apps, I think 32 is a safe and good bet.

I think they are also preparing us for the future in case we take these on rotations.

Cloud storage might be nice, but it's not instant (although I'm sure it comes close).

I doubt they are requiring it for music! lol
But I wonder how much space apps take. I can't imagine ebooks or ppts taking that much space.

Do you know if there are anatomy apps or something?

I doubt they are requiring it for music! lol
But I wonder how much space apps take. I can't imagine ebooks or ppts taking that much space.

Do you know if there are anatomy apps or something?

Not sure. But a 16gb one doesn't really have 16gb. It is about 13gb of free memory. I had an iPad2 a week about and filled up 5gigs easy without music or movies. Sold it due to the screen resolution. If I'm going to be using it for reading, I definitely needed an iPad3.

Regular files like PDFs and PPTs don't take too much room.

Remember your goal: becoming a physician. If you remember this, it'll help guide you throughout this process more times than you can count.

Remember this not only during your application cycle, but definitely as you go through med school also. It is going to be hard, it is going to suck, you will have to jump through all kinds of stupid hoops and it will make your life hell at times. But there is definitely good times too! Keep your eye on the prize and keep truckin along. . .your dream will be realized before long!

Founding school! So what? Well there is a lot of pride in this. That being said they love to push forward and advance osteopathic education. There is never something that is perfect, and they seek to refine it til it’s better. Look up about their program with the ultrasounds. Also, starting with this current incoming class of 2016, the entire class will be receiving iPad 3s as they have found that it actually has assisted in the students education. Is this a gimmick? No. They gathered data and had meetings constantly about this.

The ultrasound program they implemented this past year is amazing. 2nd years recieved a crash course, and I found it so very helpful. I can only imagine how awesome it would have been to actually be integrated into the curriculum! It is definitely unique as we are only 1 of 2 programs in the nation teaching this. Also, the class of 2016 is so damn lucky recieving new ipads. . . .

Osteopathic schools don’t have rankings. And while MD schools do, rankings can easily be made to favor one school over another. If you decide on a school based off its rank, then you’re an idiot.
And KCOM is ranked number 1. What study claims this? Mine. I made it up since that’s where I’m going.

Combined with my personal study, we now have a metanalysis (n=2) demonstrating that KCOM is ranked number one among DO schools. Imagine this. . .the other osteopathic schools would not even be in exsistance if it were not for KCOM.

And there’s plenty of bars for those that want them.

Perhaps consider it a bonus that housing is reallllly cheap. And consider that there’s very little traffic and commuting is extremely short. You save a lot of time this way.

I do know that Sprint and Verizon work just fine up there.

Can't really say there are plenty of bars, but there are a couple if you want to get your drink on. And actually, there can be quite a bit of traffic at times (Baltimore is ridiculous). . .combine that with the old drivers and infinite stop signs, it is enough to bring out the road rage at times!

During orientation they will be giving us a “doctors bag”. It’ll have a stethoscope (Littmann Cardiology III), and other stuff. Also, this year they will be handing us the New iPad. You can elect to get your own instead, but it is required.

This comes out of a $600 fee they charge, but this year they are charging $600 less for something else, so essentially it's just moving money around. There is no net difference. They are saving money on not printing paper powerpoints for everyone every lecture they said. Do note that electronic notes is the way of the future, but paper notes can still be printed off yourself: you're just killing innocent trees that way.

I think they charge you around a $1000 equipment fee. It includes your stethoscope, ophthalmoscope (x2), otoscope and blood pressure kit. While it is true that you are being charged less and not recieving pre-printed notes, I do not believe there will be unlimited, free printing anymore. You might recieve some free prints, but definitely not enough to print out your notes. Get used to doing things online. I did 2nd year totally electronically. . .worked out amazingly.

This is important: Get it early. Housing starts to go quick. I would say that once you hit about March, alot of the good places are gone. I found an awesome townhouse in mid-march and I lucked out. Sure, moderately decent places will be around, but if you are picky or have cats, like me, you'll need to step up and get you $#!^ in gear.

I would say prices range from 350-450 for one bedroom apartment to 450-650 for two bed apartment to 600-800 for a small house. This is just what I saw anyways.

Make sure you NEVER rent sight unseen!

Housing prices is definitely starting to rise somewhat here. My lease began at 395, and two years later I think it is close to $100 more for a new lease. You would be very pressed to find a decent house/apt for less than $400. But still, housing is much cheaper than almost any other city that has a medical school! Housing can go fast; however, I waited until mid-April and there was still plenty of places to choose from. I do not necessarily agree that you actually have to come to Kirksville and see the place you are going to rent. My realtor hooked me up with pics because I could not make it back to Kirksville for apartment hunting, and we did everything electronically. . .it all worked out more than perfect! I know quite a few other people who did this too. There are some pretty run-down houses here though, so definitely use your best judgement.

Let's face it: Medical Schools are expensive. Well, except perhaps for your state schools. I would say KCOM is on par with other osteopathic medical schools on this. Many SDNers would quickly state that you should go with your instate schools if it saves you a ton of money, unless there is a really good reason to do other wise. I'd probably agree. A school that's slightly "better" than another isn't worth 20 grand more a year. But that being said, I'm sure current KCOMers are happy with the money spent.

Tuition blows. . .but we are pretty average for a private school. At least cost of living is pretty cheap. And definitely get an Amazon prime student account while in Kirksville if you do not have it already. The big time stores are limited here, but you can always get things shipped to Kirksville pretty fast.

Combined with my personal study, we now have a metanalysis (n=2) demonstrating that KCOM is ranked number one among DO schools. Imagine this. . .the other osteopathic schools would not even be in exsistance if it were not for KCOM.

My mother thinks KCOM is awesome too, so can we move it to n=3???

And actually, there can be quite a bit of traffic at times (Baltimore is ridiculous). . .combine that with the old drivers and infinite stop signs, it is enough to bring out the road rage at times!

I was at first going to correct you and say any L.A. students would argue that there's no way Baltimore could compare, but then you hit me with the infinite stop signs... there's nothing long than infinite, even L.A.'s traffic is finite...

I think they charge you around a $1000

I was thinking they said 600, but either way it is a drop in the bucket.

My lease began at 395........I waited until mid-April and there was still plenty of places to choose from. I do not necessarily agree that you actually have to come to Kirksville and see the place you are going to rent. My realtor hooked me up with pics .... There are some pretty run-down houses here though, so definitely use your best judgement.
Yea I got a townhouse that's @500 in march, lucky in my opinion. There is a huge huge thought to always see where you will stay. While the better known realtors will probably have good pictures that are accurate, if you rent from an individual then you never know what you'll get. But even from respected individuals, you might end up with a place that's not quite what you imagined. I remembered contacting a person about renting a house and the pictures were at least OK. However, driving up to the house, my gf told me there's no way we were getting near that thing. I quickly agreed.

Amazon prime student account while in Kirksville

With amazon prime is it still free (since it's decently far from major cities) and also is it still 2 day shipping (not as big of a deal)?

With amazon prime is it still free (since it's decently far from major cities) and also is it still 2 day shipping (not as big of a deal)?[/COLOR]

It is not entirely free as you have to pay a yearly subscription of around $40. But you do get two day shipping to Kirksville, and my packages always come on-time.

It is not entirely free as you have to pay a yearly subscription of around $40. But you do get two day shipping to Kirksville, and my packages always come on-time.

I think you get it free for one year when you sign up with a school email address. :)

I think you get it free for one year when you sign up with a school email address. :)

It used to be like this. . .now, they only give you 6 months free, then afterwards, it is a 50% discount for a yearly subscription.

I have been accepted and I will be starting this fall, like our good friend dntke1518 (who is on SDN waaay tooo much! JK)

In my defense, I am just utilizing my time at work :). I am on sdn from 8-4! But that was very kind of you to take the time to put together that nice synopsis!

It used to be like this. . .now, they only give you 6 months free, then afterwards, it is a 50% discount for a yearly subscription.
Well that's a crock of poop. I was going to sign up for a new prime membership.

In my defense, I am just utilizing my time at work :). I am on sdn from 8-4! But that was very kind of you to take the time to put together that nice synopsis!

Ha.

De nada.

And we should probably take our bits of conversation to our thread and let the new applications have theirs, except if we want to talk about them, then we'll come here.

Number 1 pick! I've got a few friends matriculating here this year and they've really got me wishing to go here. I love everything about it except snow (funny coming from Utah...)

Can anyone comment on how they plan on implementing the iPad into the curriculum. Besides using it for handouts/slides/textbooks

At this point I think thats all. Eventually they could do exams off them. Personally, I think the iPad is getting too much attention. I know its exciting, but I think the stuff with the ultrasound, type of curriculum they have going is way more important.

Sent from my PG86100 using SDN Mobile

Number 1 pick! I've got a few friends matriculating here this year and they've really got me wishing to go here. I love everything about it except snow (funny coming from Utah...)

Hope it works out for you!

At this point I think thats all. Eventually they could do exams off them. Personally, I think the iPad is getting too much attention. I know its exciting, but I think the stuff with the ultrasound, type of curriculum they have going is way more important.

Agreed, that ultrasound/pt sim stuff if awesome! But with the iPad deal, the big thing I see is really not the hip technology part, but the fact that it will replace lecture notes and slides that current classes currently get provided. KCOM is doing away with the paper aspect with the iPad... so that is something to keep in the back of your mind.

Can anyone comment on how they plan on implementing the iPad into the curriculum. Besides using it for handouts/slides/textbooks

We usually use our laptops to take quizzes in anatomy and histology labs and to view all of the histo slides in lab, so I am assuming they got all that to work on the iPad as well.

Anyone get the secondary yet?

I would guess that you won't get a secondary until mid-july-ish

I would guess that you won't get a secondary until mid-july-ish

Ok thank you. I was worried they would be sending them out this week and I wouldn't be ready to submit right away.

Ok thank you. I was worried they would be sending them out this week and I wouldn't be ready to submit right away.

I think mid-July is a late estimate. I turned my primary in June 1st last year and got my secondary June 17th or something like that. This was the first secondary I got. KCOM will come sooner than u think in my opinion!

Never send it back right away. Give it five to seven days.

Never send it back right away. Give it five to seven days.

+1 this. Yeah and looking back on it you will probably get it this week or the next... my bad on the July timeframe (I didn't submit until July, so my timeline was different).

+1 this. Yeah and looking back on it you will probably get it this week or the next... my bad on the July timeframe (I didn't submit until July, so my timeline was different).

I didn't submit til sept 23rd.

Just got the secondary! First one! :thumbup:

Just got the secondary! First one! :thumbup:

Same here! First one! I intend to get this baby sent out in the next couple of days! Good luck to all!:luck:

Some biographical info is asked for, some copy paste stuff for EC's and then these prompts.

Have you applied to KCOM previously?
If yes, previous application year(s) and detail below what has changed since your last application.

What particular qualities do you feel you can bring to KCOM?
(Please limit your response to 500 words or less. All information provided in this section must be the original work of the applicant and not from another author.)

What specific experience/exposure have you had with osteopathic medicine? How has this influenced your decision to become an osteopathic physician?
(Please limit your response to 500 words or less. All information provided in this section must be the original work of the applicant and not from another author.)

Asks about convictions of any crimes. And secondary is $70.00.

Last edited:
eeeeeeeee secondarieeesss!

Post essay prompts please? I found last years, but idk if they changed.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 via tapatalk

See my post above. I added them.

Are we supposed to just copy paste the EC and clinical experience? Why would they ask this again if it is already in the primary application? Any thoughts before I start copy pasting?

Are we supposed to just copy paste the EC and clinical experience? Why would they ask this again if it is already in the primary application? Any thoughts before I start copy pasting?

I would highly not recommend simply copy and pasting!! Even if you’re going to talk about the same exact experiences. Use this opportunity to go into greater depth or discuss something different you learned about from your experiences you didn't have room to talk about on the primary. Think about it, you only have a few chances to express yourself to the ADCOMS don't waste it by giving them a carbon copy of what they already have.

good luck everyone!!!! :luck:

Ok! Thanks! I mentioned copy pasting because the above poster did... I actually copy pasted and then embellished/edited/added more in the box after pasting. Is this what everyone else is doing?

Ok! Thanks! I mentioned copy pasting because the above poster did... I actually copy pasted and then embellished/edited/added more in the box after pasting. Is this what everyone else is doing?

This is more or less what I meant when I said copy/paste. Obviously don't just repeat the same thing, but you can use your AACOMAS as a good starter for it.