A.T. Still University Kirksville (KCOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is more or less what I meant when I said copy/paste. Obviously don't just repeat the same thing, but you can use your AACOMAS as a good starter for it.
Yeah, just use AACOMAS but restate and get a bit more indepth.

Members don't see this ad.

Haha, under the test scores section, is it really asking for our SAT scores?? Wasn't expecting that.

This is more or less what I meant when I said copy/paste. Obviously don't just repeat the same thing, but you can use your AACOMAS as a good starter for it.

That's what I thought! Ok! Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
How do I find my SAT scores? I remember the total, but I can't remember how it broke down section by section.

Hoping to get this one done soon, before too many more come in.

Banner from my university has my SAT/ACT score.

Never had to take the SAT... Utah schools only require the ACT. Woot woot!

I thought for the LOR is handled by Interfolio.... but it doesn't give me that option here except to do it snail mail. Is anyone going for interfolio as well?

I thought for the LOR is handled by Interfolio.... but it doesn't give me that option here except to do it snail mail. Is anyone going for interfolio as well?

Login to interfolio to send the documents. Search A.T. Still for your destination and you'll see both of them come up

Members don't see this ad :)
Well collegeboard doesn't think I took the SAT, maybe it was too long ago. I only have one email. Anyway, pretty sure you can apply without filling in the subsections.

I wasn't sure of my ACT score so I don't think I filled it out, or I put a disclaimer in that I wasn't sure of the score.

Yeah, I know my ACT but not my SAT. Maybe my ACT will be enough

Obviously c/o 2016 stats aren't out yet, but does anyone know the c/o 2015 ones? I want to finish my application spreadsheet I'm making :) #ocd

Does anyone know what the LOR requirements are? Thanks

I'm finishing up my secondary and I just want to make sure that I can send the letters from Interfolio only.

I know it the evaluation form thing says it is optional, but will ATSU accept the LORs directly from Interfolio? And can we submit more LORs than the 2 we input on the secondary?

Are you applying again this cycle Dr?

I'm currently waitlisted at CCOM and AZCOM :( bummer. So I'm getting all my apps out for next year as early as possible. I didn't turn in last years apps till October last cycle (late MCAT) and I think it hurt my chances. Trying to stay on top of it this time just in case! :)

I'm currently waitlisted at CCOM and AZCOM :( bummer. So I'm getting all my apps out for next year as early as possible. I didn't turn in last years apps till October last cycle (late MCAT) and I think it hurt my chances. Trying to stay on top of it this time just in case! :)

Looks like we're in the same boat DrMeows. Waitlisted at Touro-NY and LECOM-Erie, sent my secondaries early October womp. At least we're making good time this year :)

I got asked about my ACT and MCAT scores during the interview. I did very well on ACT and average on MCAT and it was basically a "What happened?" question. I think they are probably looking to see if you can keep up with the workload, academic standards, etc.

Looks like we're in the same boat DrMeows. Waitlisted at Touro-NY and LECOM-Erie, sent my secondaries early October womp. At least we're making good time this year :)

At least I am not alone :oops: I think the earlyness will give us good hope for next year if this year doesn't work out. I hope you get what you want though and good luck with those waitlists! :)

I got asked about my ACT and MCAT scores during the interview. I did very well on ACT and average on MCAT and it was basically a "What happened?" question. I think they are probably looking to see if you can keep up with the workload, academic standards, etc.

Interesting. I did average on my ACT (28) and pretty bad on the SAT (1190). 33 on the MCAT though.

I wish I could submit my secondary.. I've got everything done, but my DO is mailing in her LOR instead of submitting it electronically. She hasn't even mailed it yet. :thumbdown:

Interesting. I did average on my ACT (28) and pretty bad on the SAT (1190). 33 on the MCAT though.

I wish I could submit my secondary.. I've got everything done, but my DO is mailing in her LOR instead of submitting it electronically. She hasn't even mailed it yet. :thumbdown:

Why wait to submit? At least they'll have everything in by the time the DO mails in her letter..

At least I am not alone :oops: I think the earlyness will give us good hope for next year if this year doesn't work out. I hope you get what you want though and good luck with those waitlists! :)

Haha yeahh I hope so. Thanks a lot! Good luck with you also. Either this year or the next, I'm sure we'll hear good news :xf:

Why wait to submit? At least they'll have everything in by the time the DO mails in her letter..

I wasn't sure if it would get thrown out if it was incomplete..?

I wasn't sure if it would get thrown out if it was incomplete..?

You don't have to send it out all together. They will add the LOR's to your file as they receive them but won't review it all until you're complete. I'm submitting my secondary tonight and going to my undergrad tomorrow to have my health professions office mail out my LOR's. Not everyone has the ability to send everything at the same time :) good luck!

You don't have to send it out all together. They will add the LOR's to your file as they receive them but won't review it all until you're complete. I'm submitting my secondary tonight and going to my undergrad tomorrow to have my health professions office mail out my LOR's. Not everyone has the ability to send everything at the same time :) good luck!

Thanks for the info! I'll submit mine tonight after work. I don't want to put my credit card info on these probably virus infested computers :)

Good luck to you too!

Yeah just submit that secondary, they will let you know when your file is complete (letters, payment, and secondary received)

Yeah I used what I had from AACOMAS and tried to fill in more details. I think it's kind of a silly question, though.

How long is everyone making the secondary essay questions? 500 words is actually a fairly decent amount. Can't decide if I should make it short and sweet or if I should elaborate more.

How long is everyone making the secondary essay questions? 500 words is actually a fairly decent amount. Can't decide if I should make it short and sweet or if I should elaborate more.

Mine were all 490-500 words.

Thanks. I am so sick of writing about myself lol... hopefully they won't get sick of reading about me :)

I'm sure they will get sick of all of us. That's the risk we take :)

Submitted my secondary a couple of days ago. I hope it was ok. I am NEVER satisfied with what I write on those essay questions. Lol

Submitted my secondary a couple of days ago. I hope it was ok. I am NEVER satisfied with what I write on those essay questions. Lol

I know the feeling. I'm trying to get mine ready to submit tonight but I keep making little changes.

And I just realized that I wrote more about skills that I have, rather than personal qualities.... but is there even a difference??? Being skilled at something can make it part of your personality and thus a quality, I suppose.

I've been staring at this question for wayyyy too long.

I know the feeling. I'm trying to get mine ready to submit tonight but I keep making little changes.

And I just realized that I wrote more about skills that I have, rather than personal qualities.... but is there even a difference??? Being skilled at something can make it part of your personality and thus a quality, I suppose.

I've been staring at this question for wayyyy too long.

Yeah, staring at those questions just makes my head hurt. I do SO much better with face to face interactions as opposed to writing.
I got done with my essay questions and submitted then started second guessing myself. I was like, "Wait! I just basically said what my PS says just in different words!" then I realized that this is the basic idea behind the essays is to say what you said with more detail/a slightly different take/different examples/etc

Good luck to us all!

When you guys hit the "review my application" button on page that shows your application status is the formatting on your essays all weird? (like no spacing between paragraphs?) It was fine when I hit review before submitting it came out fine...

When you guys hit the "review my application" button on page that shows your application status is the formatting on your essays all weird? (like no spacing between paragraphs?) It was fine when I hit review before submitting it came out fine...

Yeahh mine also came out all clumped together. I think its just the plain txt format that made it like that. I don't think adcom sees it the way we do though, at least I hope not ha.

Any idea if they will send out secondaries without an MCAT score? I took the MCAT June 21st...

Received an email confirming receipt of my supplemental and LOR's. Now comes the hard part...waiting.

Received an email confirming receipt of my supplemental and LOR's. Now comes the hard part...waiting.

Sorry you prob already mentioned somewhere in the thread, but when did you get the secondary email and when did you submit? Thanks!

Sorry you prob already mentioned somewhere in the thread, but when did you get the secondary email and when did you submit? Thanks!

Hey not a problem.

Primary submitted: 6/7
Primary verified: 6/24
Supplemental Received: 6/26
Supplemental Submitted: 6/27
Secondary Completion Email: 7/2

Hope it helps, let me know if you need any more info

Just got a secondary invite today! I've been writing the essays and I'm really struggling to expand past 300 words or so on the essays.

I don't want to babble on. What do you guys think about <350 words, seems kind of short to me but I just have no idea what to talk about for another 150 words or so :oops:

My responses were all less than 350 words. I said what needed to be said. Anything else would have just dragged on and bored the ADCOM.

On the other hand, if you have a lot to talk about....

TL;DR -- There probably isn't a Right Answer here.