A.T. Still University Kirksville (KCOM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was it an email guys? Or did you check the portal?

It was an email from them sent at 9:11 PM.

I got excited then so I checked all my portals and I had an interview invite that showed up on the AZCOM portal (no email).

I wish there were dates available - I want to schedule it now!!

Members don't see this ad.

Was it an email guys? Or did you check the portal?

Yeah just an email with the info to log onto their site to schedule it...

I know I want to schedule mine too!! Hopefully tomorrow?

Sent from my ADR6350 using SDN Mobile

Thats weird they gave out invites with no dates? Haha

Members don't see this ad :)
So jealous :( congrats all! Glad to see they're moving quicker this year! :thumbup:

How do you know you're complete? Mine says
Evaluation I:
Application in Process

Does that mean the LOR has been received?

That's what mine said for Evaluation I, II, and my MCAT score, so I emailed them and they told me my application was complete and being reviewed.

BTW dates are now available to those that have interviews, looks like the first one is not untill October 1st.

Did you put in the confirmation code or whatever it is called at the top of the screen? Mine still says that until I put in that code and then it says when it was received.

btw It seems that KCOM really likes 29 MCATs there are like 4 of us with a 29 lol

Did you put in the confirmation code or whatever it is called at the top of the screen? Mine still says that until I put in that code and then it says when it was received.

btw It seems that KCOM really likes 29 MCATs there are like 4 of us with a 29 lol

Yea, when I put it in nothing changes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm kind of pissed because my grad school program hasn't given me my schedule for the fall at all (I have to TA all fall and will have to take some classes and give a couple presentations). Part of me just wants to schedule it and say too bad if I have to miss something in grad school but idk.

This one will be a driving one for me because its 3 hours away... think I'm going to stay with a student to keep it cheap as well (nice that they have that option).

emailed them today and got notification that am complete. No interview invite though :( 3.25s/3.22c/33Q.

Boom Baby! Excited for you guys! See you in Kirksville!

Last edited:
emailed them today and got notification that am complete. No interview invite though :( 3.25s/3.22c/33Q.

Don't worry.. I bet yours is on the way soon. This was just the first batch so I'm sure there will be many more in the coming days/weeks.

Boom Baby! Excited for you guys! See you in Kirksville!

Thanks!!! Any advice for the interview/what to expect/etc.? I plan to go back and read last year's thread, but I still thought I'd ask.

Thanks!!! Any advice for the interview/what to expect/etc.? I plan to go back and read last year's thread, but I still thought I'd ask.

Just try and relax. The interviews get to be fairly long (two 50 min and one 30 min) so just make sure you are well rested. Try and keep things conversational, but don't BS the whole time. Just try and have your reasons for wanting to be a physician, go to KCOM and osteopathic medicine all ironed out. Don't worry, you'll do fine.

Interview invite! October 1st as well. See you there futchadoc

Nice!! First interview day :D PM me if you want to try and meet up or something.

What are your travel plans? I'm driving down Sunday and will either stay with a student or in a hotel (looks like there's some cheap hotels right nearby).

So how is everyone planning on getting to KCOM?

I'm going to have to fly, most likely into Kansas City and then rent a car and drive to KCOM. I don't want to fly from STL into Kirksville because I hate flying and I definitely don't want to fly in a prop plane.

Is there a better way?

So how is everyone planning on getting to KCOM?

I'm going to have to fly, most likely into Kansas City and then rent a car and drive to KCOM. I don't want to fly from STL into Kirksville because I hate flying and I definitely don't want to fly in a prop plane.

Is there a better way?
Hi, I just joined this forum because I'm trying to figure out the same thing. Was just invited for an interview last night. I looked into taking the train that they recommend, but it looks like it only leaves from KC to La Plata every day at 7:43am. The flight schedules are not lining up with the train schedule for me. I will have to fly into KC and rent a car as well. Perhaps we can carpool?

Hi, I just joined this forum because I'm trying to figure out the same thing. Was just invited for an interview last night. I looked into taking the train that they recommend, but it looks like it only leaves from KC to La Plata every day at 7:43am. The flight schedules are not lining up with the train schedule for me. I will have to fly into KC and rent a car as well. Perhaps we can carpool?

What day are you interviewing?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app, forgive my typos!

If I get an interview, I can drive one other person with me from st louis.

I'm also driving down sunday from the Chicago area. Planning on staying with a student or hotel.

What day are you interviewing?

On Friday 10/5. I haven't booked a flight yet, but maybe I can try to get one that arrives around the same time as yours and we can share gas/rental car fees and drive in to Kirksville together. It's a long drive...not looking forward to it.

So I am set up for 10/5. I opted to stay with a current student and they got back to me the day of and got it all set up. I thought it was great that KCOM provided this service, I wonder if any other schools do.

Isn't KC like a 3 hour drive? What are other options for good places to fly into?

So I am set up for 10/5. I opted to stay with a current student and they got back to me the day of and got it all set up. I thought it was great that KCOM provided this service, I wonder if any other schools do.

Isn't KC like a 3 hour drive? What are other options for good places to fly into?

You can fly into STL and drive (3hrs) or take a prop plane. You can also fly into Des Moines and drive 3hrs lol

3 isn't bad at all from my experience

On Friday 10/5. I haven't booked a flight yet, but maybe I can try to get one that arrives around the same time as yours and we can share gas/rental car fees and drive in to Kirksville together. It's a long drive...not looking forward to it.

Well based on what I'm seeing I wouldn't be able to fly out of KC until the 6th because the last flight I can leave on leaves at 7pm and with the 3hr drive it would be difficult to make it on the 5th so I might look into flying into STL now

Well based on what I'm seeing I wouldn't be able to fly out of KC until the 6th because the last flight I can leave on leaves at 7pm and with the 3hr drive it would be difficult to make it on the 5th so I might look into flying into STL now

Ugh, you're totally right. I am in the same boat. Doesn't look much better for flights on 10/5 out of STL or Des Moines either. Looks like I have to stay an extra night and leave on 10/6, too. So really I guess we can take our pick!

If you fly into Des Moines it is a little under a three hour drive (which is a pretty nice drive). I haven't driven from STL but I've driven from KC before and I prefer the drive from Des Moines

Last edited:
If you fly into Des Moines it is a little under a two hour drive (which is a pretty nice drive). I haven't driven from STL but I've driven from KC before and I prefer the drive from Des Moines

Are you serious? Google Maps is telling me it's exactly 3 hours from Des Moines to Kirksville....

Are you serious? Google Maps is telling me it's exactly 3 hours from Des Moines to Kirksville....
Yeah, whoops I meant three lol. I live in Des Moines, driven it a couple of times.

Yeah, whoops I meant three lol. I live in Des Moines, driven it a couple of times.

Haha just checking. I normally believe what Google Maps tells me but I was like if for some reason they're wrong and it's under 2 hours that would be awesome! I live in DSM as well.

Haha just checking. I normally believe what Google Maps tells me but I was like if for some reason they're wrong and it's under 2 hours that would be awesome! I live in DSM as well.
Ha yeah for some reason I guess my fingers wanted to type two.

Got an interview invite here! I'm not sure when I want to schedule it though. Interviewing is such a pricey process and I already have to pay for flights/hotels for two interviews in September. I think I will schedule my interview for October 22 and then go if I don't get into the other schools. If I get into DMU or AZCOM, I might have to rethink going to the KCOM interview.

Makes me sad. Missouri resident with halfway decent stats and ECs.

I bet it's still on the way... they just sent out the first batch so I wouldn't worry yet.

Someone noticed that all the interviews so far (on SDN) are for OOS. Anyone from MO with an II?

So serious question here. I signed up for Oct 1st which I believe is the first interview date they have available. I'm assuming most admission committees don't meet until the end of the month. Would going to a later interview be more beneficial because you're fresh in their minds, or am I just over thinking this?

Thoughts?

Got an interview invite here! I'm not sure when I want to schedule it though. Interviewing is such a pricey process and I already have to pay for flights/hotels for two interviews in September. I think I will schedule my interview for October 22 and then go if I don't get into the other schools. If I get into DMU or AZCOM, I might have to rethink going to the KCOM interview.

I am in the same boat as you, and I scheduled it for the 22nd as well, but with two interviews before KCOM ill wait and see how I feel about those other schools (DMU & AZCOM as well :) ) before I decided to shell out quite a lot of money to fly/rent a car.

Sent from my ADR6350 using SDN Mobile