AACOMAS counted ALL my tech-school grades as non science, this KILLS my GPA. I don't know what to do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDarkNeuron

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did a linemen school and some of the 'professors' were just other linemen handing out grades, almost nobody got an A. anyway, this was a 1.5 year program and they counted all my classes i needed for this program as toward my gpa (when i put the grades in, i listed them as a certificate program that did not count them towards my GPA) now that my app is verified it is coming out so that they are factored in, I am lost what should I do? any help would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Um... go retake it...?
Not much more options than that...
You could also take other classes to balance it out but retaking will be technically easier.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
i was wondering if I called AACOMAS they would change it to a certificate program like I had it? I just calculated it and it brought my sGPA down to a 3.27

i was wondering if I called AACOMAS they would change it to a certificate program like I had it? I just calculated it and it brought my sGPA down to a 3.27

Do it. And that sGPA isn't that' detrimental... I have that...

Do it. And that sGPA isn't that' detrimental... I have that...
thanks, yeah i just calculated it after i made the post, i thought it would be worse, but it did bring it down a significant amount. My linemen classes were back in 2009 and i do have a huge upward trend so I hope that helps. I hope i atleast get into a post bacc school

So with everything factored in, my sGPA=3.27 and cGPA=3.217, I am retaking the mcat in Jan so I hope it will be good enough for a post bacc school