About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.

AACOMAS question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Osteopathic [ DO ]' started by Atlas, May 12, 2002.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. Atlas

Atlas Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    SDN 10+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hey y'all,

I have a couple quick questions about my application. My CC transcripts say that I was enrolled in 1997. I didn't graduate high school until 1999 and I wasn't special enough to take college courses while in high school, so what's the deal with that?! It has no courses listed, just that I was a student. This is the administration's fault and when I approached them about it they told me that I must have enrolled or applied at some point in 1997. That's stupid. In 1997, I didn't even know where I wanted to go to school, much less fill out an application for admission. Will this hurt my AACOMAS application? It seems like there is nothing I can do because the administration thinks it's my fault. Am I screwed? Also, who do I contact to make sure my MCAT arrived at AACOMAS? Additionally, I'm participating in a summer research program in which I'll receive upper level credit. How should I put this class down on my application under my undergraduate course listings? Will it be pass fail, for a grade, or does it depend on the program? It don't believe I'll be receiving a grade for this credit. Also, on the application it says to list future courses as well. What if you aren't sure of which classes you're going to take in the future?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Peace
  2. Atlas

Atlas Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    SDN 10+ Year Member
  3. Wow...

You're really a basket case. Calm down before you blow out a blood vessel in your head. Seriously. You need to relax more. Now your questions

Your enrollment in CC in 1997 isn't going to mean anything to anyone. The date you took your first courses and the grades you have received is what will count.

You don't need to list future courses if you are unsure. No one is going to fault you for it. Your summer research credits are just that. If they are pass/fail... Indicate it as such.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Atlas:
    <strong>Hey y'all,

I have a couple quick questions about my application. My CC transcripts say that I was enrolled in 1997. I didn't graduate high school until 1999 and I wasn't special enough to take college courses while in high school, so what's the deal with that?! It has no courses listed, just that I was a student. This is the administration's fault and when I approached them about it they told me that I must have enrolled or applied at some point in 1997. That's stupid. In 1997, I didn't even know where I wanted to go to school, much less fill out an application for admission. Will this hurt my AACOMAS application? It seems like there is nothing I can do because the administration thinks it's my fault. Am I screwed? Also, who do I contact to make sure my MCAT arrived at AACOMAS? Additionally, I'm participating in a summer research program in which I'll receive upper level credit. How should I put this class down on my application under my undergraduate course listings? Will it be pass fail, for a grade, or does it depend on the program? It don't believe I'll be receiving a grade for this credit. Also, on the application it says to list future courses as well. What if you aren't sure of which classes you're going to take in the future?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Peace</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
  4. Atlas

Atlas Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    SDN 10+ Year Member
    Thanks for your reply. Sorry...I didn't mean to sound like a basketcase.

Peace
  5. Atlas,

I really really understand what you're feeling. You're applying to medical school. You've never done it before. It is probably the most important thing in your life right now. You don't want to mess it up. You're filled with excitement, nervousness, and maybe a little bit of fear. Heck, you're applying to become a doctor! Isn't that the coolest thing in the world?

But I've made that application 4 times. I have come to realize that it isn't nearly as difficult as it seems. The service will correct any typos you might make with your grades when they verify it with your transcript. So don't fret about it any more.

Now here is some advice. VERY carefully read over your application profile when you receive it in the mail from AACOMAS. Make sure every credit in every category adds up correctly. Make sure all the information is correct. They messed mine up, and it took months to straighten out. It's the reason I am on the waitlists at my first choice schools now. Don't let them do that to you too. Keep on top of them.
  6. Atlas

Atlas Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    SDN 10+ Year Member
    Thank you for the tips. I will stay on them about it because I don't want any mess ups. I wish you the best of luck and I'm sorry to hear that your past applications didn't go so well. I wish you much success in the future.

Take Care
  7. conmantlc

conmantlc Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    A similar thing appeared on my transcript. I took a pre-calculus class as a sophomore in high school, and somehow it was through a nearby community college although I took it at the high school and i had no idea it wasn't just a regular high school class. I ended up including it in my aacomas application. I don't think at all that youre screwed. I had to track down a transcript from a defunct school in the south of france that I took a class from that lasted just a couple of weeks. it delayed my aacomas app by about 2 months, and I was lucky to be accepted this year. just stay on top of things and get that initial application in as early as possible in case any unforseen stuff happens and your app is delayed. good luck with it all, i feel for you, man.