AACOMAS submit before mcat score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gotgame83

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I will not be taking my MCAT until August 20th. I know I can submit via aacomas early and update when i get my MCAT scores but does anyone know how to mark this? On AMCAS you can check if you will be taking the august mcat, but on aacomas do i just leave it blank??

Members don't see this ad.

gotgame83 said:
Hi, I will not be taking my MCAT until August 20th. I know I can submit via aacomas early and update when i get my MCAT scores but does anyone know how to mark this? On AMCAS you can check if you will be taking the august mcat, but on aacomas do i just leave it blank??

I submitted before getting my August MCAT scores. I don't remember for sure, but I believe I selected my MCAT date as August and just left the score blank. Everything went through fine and I updated when the scores came in.

smc927 said:
I submitted before getting my August MCAT scores. I don't remember for sure, but I believe I selected my MCAT date as August and just left the score blank. Everything went through fine and I updated when the scores came in.

I have some buddies who did this. I recommend doing this because it will put you first in for interviews in front of everyone who waited for their MCAT scores

Members don't see this ad :)
Kubed said:
I have some buddies who did this. I recommend doing this because it will put you first in for interviews in front of everyone who waited for their MCAT scores

I'm not so sure it puts you first. My guess is it would depend on the school. But really, is the school going to decide whether or not to interview you before they have your MCAT scores? Maybe, maybe not. But at the very least you've given them everything else and perhaps they'll have it all reviewed and verified, just waiting on the MCAT.

what if you've previously taken the mcat but you're retaking it this august, then what do you fill out on the application?

hks0209 said:
what if you've previously taken the mcat but you're retaking it this august, then what do you fill out on the application?

I am submitting tomorrow but have had trouble w/ this also... I took august mcat last year and want to indicate that I am also taking this year's. However, I am not given the option to leave the section blank. I hope that this won't affect receiving secondaries....

So you after you submitted the application (without MCAT score) it went to your list of schools. And then after your mcat scores came back you sent them to aacomas and entered your score in. Did you have to resubmit your application or did you just enter the scores in and click save?

Not sure if you guys have this figured out or not yet, but on the AACOMAS application where you enter in the unofficial scores of your mcat there is a spot where you can indicate "taken" or "planned". If it is "planned" you just need to update them with your MCAT score, and I wouldn't imagine you'd get any secondaries without an MCAT score since most schools have a minimum score cutoff.

But you don't have to resubmit AACOMAS or sent the official scores the the schools you're applying to.