AACPMAS 2015-2016 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just saw I got accepted to Scholl!!!!!!!!! :clap:

I actually got the email on the 4th, but didn't see it because Gmail sorted it into a different folder. Check your junk mail people!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users

I actually got the email on the 4th, but didn't see it because Gmail sorted it into a different folder. Check your junk mail people!!!!

Congrats!! I'm still waiting to hear back from them...

If you don't mind me asking, what did they ask you during your interview?

Congrats!! I'm still waiting to hear back from them...

If you don't mind me asking, what did they ask you during your interview?

Have you interviewed with them yet or are you waiting for your invite? Here are the questions I remember them asking, in order:

1. Tell me about your research.
  2. More in-depth question about my research.
  3. Why podiatry?
  4. Why focus on the foot/why not MD or DO?
  5. What is your greatest strength?
  6. What is your greatest weakness?
  7. What are your interests outside of school?
Overall, the interview actually turned out to be pretty fun as we spent most of the time talking about my interests.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you interviewed with them yet or are you waiting for your invite? Here are the questions I remember them asking, in order:

1. Tell me about your research.
  2. More in-depth question about my research.
  3. Why podiatry?
  4. Why focus on the foot/why not MD or DO?
  5. What is your greatest strength?
  6. What is your greatest weakness?
  7. What are your interests outside of school?
Overall, the interview actually turned out to be pretty fun as we spent most of the time talking about my interests.

Yeah, I am still waiting to hear back from them... did it take long for you to receive your interview invite? and thanks for the questions!

Yeah, I am still waiting to hear back from them... did it take long for you to receive your interview invite? and thanks for the questions!

Scholl sent me an II about a month after my application was verified, around the same time that everyone else got their invites on here. It's hard to tell you what to expect because they actually gave me an invite without an MCAT score on file.

Scholl sent me an II about a month after my application was verified, around the same time that everyone else got their invites on here. It's hard to tell you what to expect because they actually gave me an invite without an MCAT score on file.

Ah, I see. Guess all I can do is hope and pray like crazy lol. Thanks for the info and congrats again!

Reactions: 1 user

Congrats! What was your mcat score if you don't mind me asking? :$

Awesome congrats! Do you plan on going there? I canceled a few of my other interviews after my acceptance as I was most interested in Scholl and AZPOD, with my AZPOD interview this coming Monday.

Awesome congrats! Do you plan on going there? I canceled a few of my other interviews after my acceptance as I was most interested in Scholl and AZPOD, with my AZPOD interview this coming Monday.

Thanks! That is pretty much what I'm doing too. I am still going to interview at Kent, AZPOD, DMU, and Temple but I am going to cancel the rest. I would be totally satisfied going to Scholl though, it seemed really nice. Good luck at AZPOD!

Finally got my Interview invite from Scholl

Members don't see this ad :)
What are some good questions that you guys asked the admission people during/after interview?? Please share :)

The interviews are about 15-20 minutes. You interview first, go on campus tour with current 2nd years, eat lunch, and visit one of Barry's Hospital clinics, which are awesome. That's the day in a nutshell. Everyone is nice, I think you will see that a lot of the negative stuff that is said on here has no merit. From the receptionist to the interviewers, everyone makes you feel at ease and they're just trying to get to know you as a person. Use the Interview feedback here and be ready to talk about anything on your application. More importantly, enjoy the process and asks questions about anything. Ignore the older posts on here as well. Very well structured program that is getting better, from what I saw and learned.

Thank you for the feedback! Were you asked any questions out of the context of your application? I am so nervous since mine is 2 days away but I am really looking forward to it.

Thank you for the feedback! Were you asked any questions out of the context of your application? I am so nervous since mine is 2 days away but I am really looking forward to it.

Thank you! :) After the "why barry?" Question it was all off of the personal statement and shadowing experience. Then depending on my answers they would build off of that and follow up with something. For example, if they ask why you struggled during a certain semester, and you tell them, they may follow with how you improved, or what did you learn? Basically, be ready to explain any possible red flags and be able to say why you'll be able to succeed there. They were awesome though, just be yourself and know how to answer those questions. Enjoy it, I had fun.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know where to find the interview feedback section for NYCPM?

II for Scholl Dec 7th or 14th! For anyone who has interviewed there already, do the podiatry students also have some of their lectures with the MD students? I already have acceptances to AZPOD and Barry with AZPOD having the edge over Barry. But I am wondering if Scholl will edge AZPOD? Opinions?

II for Scholl Dec 7th or 14th! For anyone who has interviewed there already, do the podiatry students also have some of their lectures with the MD students? I already have acceptances to AZPOD and Barry with AZPOD having the edge over Barry. But I am wondering if Scholl will edge AZPOD? Opinions?

It was my understanding from my interview at Scholl that their podiatry students take a majority of their preclinical classes alongside their MD counterparts. Academically, AZPOD has an edge over Scholl as they have higher residency placement and first time APMLE pass rates. Both AZPOD and Scholl are more competitive in these areas than Barry.

What are the chances for being accepted from a waitlist?
I got waitlisted for an acceptance at Barry (post interview). I actually thought the interview went pretty well :sorry:

I did a tour at Scholl the beginning of August. The pod student giving us the tour was incredibly unknowledgeable for just about every question I threw at him but I believe he said you don't actually take classes together. You take a majority of the same classes but I believe none are actually in the same lecture hall or with the MD students at all. Whereas at DMU or AZPOD there is almost no difference between pods and DOs except for the obvious OMM, etc. I do know Scholl does do quite a bit of specific interdisciplinary cases among MDs, PTs, PAs, and PharmDs which is cool.

Last edited:
I did a tour at Scholl the beginning of August. The pod student giving us to tour was incredibly unknowledgeable for just about every question I threw at him during the tour but I believe he said you don't actually take classes together. You take a majority of the same classes but I believe none are actually in the same lecture hall or with the MD students at all. Whereas at DMU or AZPOD there is almost no difference between pods and DOs except for the obvious OMM, etc. I do know Scholl does do quite a bit of specific interdisciplinary cases among MDs, PTs, PAs, and PharmDs which is cool.
I believe DMU only does a couple of classes with the regular med students. Only AZPod and Western are integrated to the point where there is no difference between DPMs and DOs other than osteopathy/podiatry specific courses.

I believe DMU only does a couple of classes with the regular med students. Only AZPod and Western are integrated to the point where there is no difference between DPMs and DOs other than osteopathy/podiatry specific courses.
Essentially the entire first year are fully integrated. Anatomy, biochem, cell bio, immuno/micro, clinical medicine, physiology, pathology, neuro, and geriatrics all fully combined. Only thing we will not be in together is history of med, OMM, behavioral med, and medical ethics which we replace with principles and practices of podiatric medicine. A little more than just a few classes. AZPOD does not take clinical medicine and OMM, which they replace it with pod med, biomechanics and intro to pod surgery. AZPOD and Western were modeled from DMU.

Essentially the entire first year are fully integrated. Anatomy, biochem, cell bio, immuno/micro, clinical medicine, physiology, pathology, neuro, and geriatrics all fully combined. Only thing we will not be in together is history of med, OMM, behavioral med, and medical ethics which we replace with principles and practices of podiatric medicine. A little more than just a few classes. AZPOD does not take clinical medicine and OMM, which they replace it with pod med, biomechanics and intro to pod surgery. AZPOD and Western were modeled from DMU.
Well, my bad, I guess DMU is somewhere in between. Looks like the first year at DMU is fully integrated and they reserve all the pod specific classes for second year so y'all will only take one class with them second year, pharmacology.

I guess since AZPod and Western throw some pod-specific courses into the first and second years, their integration lasts through the first and second year.

Idk if this is a TIFU moment or not.

I'm interviewing at Western CPM soon and I did also apply to a few DO schools, not realizing I had also included Western. I like both fields because of the hands-on aspect of osteopathy and the mobility aspect of podiatry, but podiatry is my #1 choice.

I just received a secondary from Western DO though when it donned on me I'll most definitely get asked about this in my CPM interview, so my instincts tell me. How's the best way to broach this subject? Should I withdraw my DO app to Western? Have I shot myself in the foot (hah)?

interview at Barry Dec. 7th... Who wants to split a hotel room and rental car? PM if interested. I don't snore!

I have been accepted at Barry University! I am going to be a Podiatric Surgeon!

Reactions: 4 users
It was my understanding from my interview at Scholl that their podiatry students take a majority of their preclinical classes alongside their MD counterparts. Academically, AZPOD has an edge over Scholl as they have higher residency placement and first time APMLE pass rates. Both AZPOD and Scholl are more competitive in these areas than Barry.

I am a current P1 at Scholl. We do take a few classes with the MD students. We talk clinical anatomy, both the lecture and the cadaver lab, with the M1s as well as our "essentials of clinical reasoning" (ECR) with them. We take physiology/histology with the pathology assistants and immunology/microbiology with the pharmacy students. All first year students in all programs also take an interproffessional course together. I know that there is at least one course in the second year that the Pods and MDs take together too.

Hope that helps. If anyone has any other questions about Scholl, please feel free to ask.

The interviews are about 15-20 minutes. You interview first, go on campus tour with current 2nd years, eat lunch, and visit one of Barry's Hospital clinics, which are awesome. That's the day in a nutshell. Everyone is nice, I think you will see that a lot of the negative stuff that is said on here has no merit. From the receptionist to the interviewers, everyone makes you feel at ease and they're just trying to get to know you as a person. Use the Interview feedback here and be ready to talk about anything on your application. More importantly, enjoy the process and asks questions about anything. Ignore the older posts on here as well. Very well structured program that is getting better, from what I saw and learned.
when did you interview?

I am a current P1 at Scholl. We do take a few classes with the MD students. We talk clinical anatomy, both the lecture and the cadaver lab, with the M1s as well as our "essentials of clinical reasoning" (ECR) with them. We take physiology/histology with the pathology assistants and immunology/microbiology with the pharmacy students. All first year students in all programs also take an interproffessional course together. I know that there is at least one course in the second year that the Pods and MDs take together too.

Hope that helps. If anyone has any other questions about Scholl, please feel free to ask.

Yes, I have a question. I am seriously considering taking Scholl up on their admissions offer. Given your limited time at the school so far, are you satisfied with the program? Do you wish you would have attended a different school?

I am really happy at Scholl. Our faculty are great, personable, and really want everyone to be successful. The facilities are top notch. There is plenty of opportunity for early clinical experience (for example, I volunteered at the Chicago Marathon last month and was able to treat patients independently. We also have a free community clinic that first years can volunteer). Most of our required clinical rotations are in downtown Chicago, which is pretty exciting. Of course there are a few minor things that I'm not thrilled with, but nothing that is deal breaking (for instance, our schedule is not the same from day to day, which can be a little confusing at times. But we have a google calendar that is constantly updated, so its not a big deal).

If I could do the admissions process again, I would choose Scholl again.

Reactions: 5 users
I am really happy at Scholl. Our faculty are great, personable, and really want everyone to be successful. The facilities are top notch. There is plenty of opportunity for early clinical experience (for example, I volunteered at the Chicago Marathon last month and was able to treat patients independently. We also have a free community clinic that first years can volunteer). Most of our required clinical rotations are in downtown Chicago, which is pretty exciting. Of course there are a few minor things that I'm not thrilled with, but nothing that is deal breaking (for instance, our schedule is not the same from day to day, which can be a little confusing at times. But we have a google calendar that is constantly updated, so its not a big deal).

W0w, that sounds awesome. Thanks for your input!

Accepted to barry! Interview this Thursday at kent

Reactions: 4 users
Curse you DMU for sending an interview feedback survey before telling me my decision. Almost gave me a heart attack lol

I'm holding onto an admissions offer from Scholl as well and I just finished my interview at azpod. These were my top two choices for pod schools and I think it might be a bit tough to choose between the two if I got offers to both. What made you choose Scholl in the end?

What made you choose Scholl in the end?

There were a lot of deciding factors for me. First of all, I am originally form the Chicago area and have a lot of family in the area. It was important that I had that support system nearby. Scholl is on the quarter system, so we get a week off at the end of each quarter (which is right not). The faculty and facilities are great. The facilities are open 24/7, including the anatomy lab, library, computer labs, fitness center (I know some of the other schools completely closed at night). There is opportunity for early clinical experience and we go out on clinical rotations earlier. Having rotations in the city was a major deciding factor for me. I couldn't imagine learning medicine in a small city with less diversity.

It really depends on what is important to you. I didn't interview at AZPOD so I can't comment on them.

Accepted to barry! Interview this Thursday at kent
How did Barry let you know of acceptance ? Email? Mailed packet ? And how long after your interview did you have to wait before you received notice?

How did Barry let you know of acceptance ? Email? Mailed packet ? And how long after your interview did you have to wait before you received notice?
Can't speak for jeffmol, but for me it was 3 days after, via phone call. Got the official letter today.

They called me as well very nice program. Sitting at a bar prepping for kent tomorrow anyone have one also

Interviewing at Scholl on November 23rd

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted to AZPod! I'll be spending 4 years of my life with either Chicago winters or Arizona summers...decisions....

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users