AACPMAS 2015-2016 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Really interesting to hear that about Barry. I have no idea why more people from their program don't post here, that's great exposure for the school and would help to allay some of the negativity towards the program

It really does blow my mind. I feel that those who write are usually the ones that have something to complain about. There are actually very few of us who come here to help and be objective and understand that every school has its pros and cons, and that every applicant is unique. I understand the negative a program may have, but in the case of Barry I feel like the positives far outweigh those negatives. I'm sure every other school is the same. Barry is the only school in that region of the country, and the hospitals they are associated with have residency programs. When I interviewed there, both interviewees were saying how they didn't understand why it got so much hate on here. I guess if anyone hasn't applied and is reading this, give the place a shot if you're interested in Florida. Go see if you like it, and you get a trip to Miami so that's cool too, lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
So, Bob, which of the schools do you feel offer the best clinical education? I think you have researched the schools pretty thoroughly from what I've seen you post in the past, care to offer us a ranking? :D
Make sure and ask this question to students at the schools you are interested in. They will be honest and the information they give you is the most accurate.

Reactions: 1 users
If this helps at all, but I copied a post from one of the students at DMU that I spoke with after my interview who had the same decision between Scholl and DMU. Mind you his opinion is positive for both of the schools, it was more of just the right "fit" to that particular student. In the end I believe students that are already taking the initiative to research schools on these forums and else where have the drive to succeed at almost any school.

“Dr. William Scholl school of podiatry and Des Moines University have their respective strengths and weaknesses. Dr. Scholl has great networking and it is hard to beat the clinical experience that you would get at Cook County Hospital. DMU’s School of Podiatry is intimately linked with one of the best D.O. programs in the nation and their clinic believes in quality over quantity when students are first introduced to the clinical experience.

When it came for me to decide between the two schools I made my own list of pros and cons. In order of most to least important were: Residency placement, educational opportunities, clinical opportunities, location of the school, and cost of living. I did research on residency placement for both schools and came to the conclusion that for the past few years Des Moines University has had a slight edge. I believed that DMU’s academics were superior to Scholl’s based on the fact that about 80% of 1st and 2nd year classes are taken with the D.O. class, as opposed to only a few shared classes with Chicago Medical School at Scholl. When it came to clinical opportunities there is no doubt that the experience at Scholl is incredible and probably better, but I was intrigued by the thought of focusing on quality over quantity for 3rd year clinicals. In terms of location I think DMU wins hands down. I lived about 15 miles away from Scholl, so I know the surrounding area really well, and it was disappointing to think about how little there is in the surrounding area other than the naval base, also the fact that Chicago is an hour and a half by train was a huge negative for me. Finally cost of living in Des Moines is some of the lowest in the nation.

So I believed that DMU was the right spot, and as of today I believe that I made the right decision for myself. It was by no means an easy decision and I am not saying it will be the right decision for you. I hope that you will list what you believe to be the strengths and weaknesses for each school, as this helped me out immensely. I truly believe that there is not a bad choice between the two schools, they can both give you the opportunity to succeed.“

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just a bit of advice: Don't let residency placement/graduation rates decide on your school for you. They don't really mean anything and each school has their own ways of making their statistics look different. Every school has an attrition rate. People change their minds about the profession, have family reasons that they have to leave school, etc. A lot of people end up in the class below them if they take a leave of absence (my class has 3 from the year above us). A good amount of the "people who don't graduate" didn't fail out of the program. And the schools generally don't let people who aren't going to pass boards sit for the exam. There are people with 4.0 GPAs that don't match to residency programs every year. It all depends on you, your personality, the programs you apply to, what they are looking for and your personal abilities, not the statistics of your school.

Choose the school that you think is best for you. Don't get bogged down by the numbers.

Reactions: 1 users
Hope all is well. Interviewing at kent on Dec 4th and was curious if anyone would be willing to share some interview questions specifically from this cycle? I looked at the interview feedback and they were from last cycle. Thank You!!

Hello everyone! First I'd like to congratulate everyone that's been accepted so far, and for those still working on getting accepted....keep your head up and keep hope alive. It must be said that I'm a long time lurker and have relied greatly on much of the information on this site. Now is as good a time as any to start posting.

Since everyone is posting their acceptances and stories here, I'll do the same. Quick back story; I'm a post-bacc pre-med student. I originally got my degree in economics before working in banking, real estate, and consulting, before making the decision to pursue something more fulfilling. I'm married with a 3 year old daughter and have been pursuing my goals in medicine while juggling the wonders of family life.

Now to the good part. I originally was going to apply broadly, but due to family concerns and personal tastes I got more selective. I'm from Ohio, Lived in Florida, and have extensive family and friend's in Chicago. Thus, I only applied to Scholl, Kent, and Barry.

Scholl: Accepted immediately. As in I was told after the interview I was going to be accepted and received my accepted via e-mail the next day. Was pretty stoked as this was my first interview. No scholarship.
Kent: Accepted with scholarship.
Barry: Accepted with scholarship.

-Overall, I have to admit is was disappointed with Barry. If you have any specific questions as to the details of this, I'd be happy to share my experiences.
-Kent is a program that has a lot of potential, and there really is a lot to like about the program. But there are some things that I, and others, might consider red flags that have yet to be fully addressed. Again, I'm open to answering any questions you may have.
-I really liked Scholl and have to admit my wife and I fell in love with the program and the area. It really does seem to be legit, and one of the physicians I work with went to their MD program and had nothing but praise for the university as a whole. This is the program that I will most likely call home.

I didn't apply to Temple or New York as I can't do the "city" thing, and all of the other programs are too far for me and family. I would have loved to see what DMU and AZpod had to offer as I hear they're top notch. Unfortunately they were not an option.

Sorry for the novel everyone. If you've stayed this long you should be commended, haha. I just thought it was time to be a more active member of the community. Again, good luck to everyone out there still hustling! If you have any questions just let me know. Thanks to everyone that has made this community a great resource.

jmarshal20 - PM'd you. Check your messages

Really interesting to hear that about Barry. I have no idea why more people from their program don't post here, that's great exposure for the school and would help to allay some of the negativity towards the program

Long story short, it appears you get awesome clinical experience at Barry. Before actually interviewing and after my interview was completed I felt Barry's biggest strength was going to be their clinical exposure and opportunity to get into some stellar surgical residencies in the SE Florida. They rotate through 3 clinical sites, Jackson North, Mt. Sinai, and I don't recall the other off the top of my head. You can see tons of patients in a day. The smallest clinic is at Mt .Sinai, and while touring the clinic on the interview we were able to talk to the residents and the residency director. It's not uncommon to see up to 30 patients a day in what is really a small, 4 exam room clinic. Pretty good stuff. They also keep track of the they types of patients you are seeing at each clinic. If you aren't seeing enough of a certain demographic of patient they will have you go to one of the other clinics to get more exposure. At least in theory that's how it;s supposed to work. From what he were told, and what the students and residents preached is that their clinical education is top notch and they get exposure to every type of patient. Ultimately this is great to hear, but for me, the other aspects of the program didn't fit what I was looking for.

As far a clinical exposure at the other places I interviewed; Scholl and Kent.

Scholl: I can echo what captgreg87, justintxc, and other's have mentioned about their clinical exposure. It's great. I liked their onsite clinical, and we were told that you can see anywhere from 4-6 to 15-17 patient's a day by yourself. As with any other place you will have busy days, and slow days. Some patients will be full, in depth patient work ups, and other will be your easy in and out patient's. I'm not sure the extent of varying etiologies and demographics you get exposed to, but I really liked the facilities you have on site. A huge plus to me was the early clinical experience in addition to the great off site clinical experience. As already mentioned students from scholl can get into some of the nations best residency programs and they have an amazing network. Overall I'm excited for the experiences ahead of me, and the other's here already accepted, during our years at scholl.

Kent: They have an on-site clinic and and large off-site clinic. I shadowed at both of these clinics prior to applying to the school as I live in Cleveland. The on-site clinic is, well, underwhelming from my time there. The bevy of students I've met from the program generally felt it was just a pain to have to due the on-site clinic. The off site clinic is a different story. It really depends on the day you are there. I shadowed multiple times there, and students (there are generally a lot of them rotating through the clinic at a time) could see a hand full of patient's to over a dozen of patient's at a time. the some days it's super slow and no one coming in. You due get a lot of exposure on your different rotations to medical and surgical podiatry. Dr. Whitaker is the absolute man and everyone loves his surgical rotations. He also teaches surgery at the school and I shadowed him in the OR. He went to school CSPM and did his residency at Western Penn. You will learn so much from him. With that said, there are some weak areas with their overall clinical exposure. On the interview I asked the new dean about this and they are working on getting better medical and surgical rotations. Students have expressed to me they need better over all surgical exposure and have had some issues with students not being prepared on surgical rotations. All in all really good clinical side of this that will only get better down the road, but no one can articulate when they new changes will take effect and what class will actually reap these benefits.

Overall any school you go to is going to get you at least the minimum resources to become a good podiatric physician. There are pros and cons to every program, and each program will have strengths and weaknesses. So much of becoming a great podiatrist, as with becoming great in anything, will come down to what you do with the opportunities you're given and what you make out of your 4 years of school and 3 years of residency.

Reactions: 4 users
"Overall any school you go to is going to get you at least the minimum resources to become a good podiatric physician. There are pros and cons to every program, and each program will have strengths and weaknesses. So much of becoming a great podiatrist, as with becoming great in anything, will come down to what you do with the opportunities you're given and what you make out of your 4 years of school and 3 years of residency."

Basically the end point of all these discussions...what matters is that we're happy with the schools we choose, because we're all getting the same degree

Hi All! I've been lurking for awhile and decided to finally post. I have an interview with AZPod on the 14th and was hoping to get any advice or words of wisdom from those that interviewed with them earlier this cycle? Also after interviewing how soon do you usually hear from them regarding decision? Thanks for anything as I'm sure it'll be helpful!!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi All! I've been lurking for awhile and decided to finally post. I have an interview with AZPod on the 14th and was hoping to get any advice or words of wisdom from those that interviewed with them earlier this cycle? Also after interviewing how soon do you usually hear from them regarding decision? Thanks for anything as I'm sure it'll be helpful!!
I heard back from azpod about 4 days later after my interview. I would refer to the interview feedback section to prepare for the interview. However, don't rely on that solely. It's helpful but you have to be prepared in general for anything. For instance, when I interviewed, I had the Dean as one of the interviewers. I am not sure how common this is on the whole, but he said he stepped in because one of the individuals who normally interviews had an emergency. He asked me two questions that were very charged. The first was how I felt about the current system set in place for healthcare under the Affordable Care Act and what I would do to change it or maintain it if I was in charge. The second was how I felt about members of the Missouri Football team who are on strike due to racial tensions not being dealt with against the University President. Both of these questions kind of took me by surprise. I believe I gave very good answers, and the dean even apologized for asking them. I didn't mind in the least bit, but it did keep me on my toes since I wasn't expecting questions like that. Overall, it was very very conversational and a pleasant experience despite those questions. Just be yourself and enjoy the day.

I heard back from azpod about 4 days later after my interview. I would refer to the interview feedback section to prepare for the interview. However, don't rely on that solely. It's helpful but you have to be prepared in general for anything. For instance, when I interviewed, I had the Dean as one of the interviewers. I am not sure how common this is on the whole, but he said he stepped in because one of the individuals who normally interviews had an emergency. He asked me two questions that were very charged. The first was how I felt about the current system set in place for healthcare under the Affordable Care Act and what I would do to change it or maintain it if I was in charge. The second was how I felt about members of the Missouri Football team who are on strike due to racial tensions not being dealt with against the University President. Both of these questions kind of took me by surprise. I believe I gave very good answers, and the dean even apologized for asking them. I didn't mind in the least bit, but it did keep me on my toes since I wasn't expecting questions like that. Overall, it was very very conversational and a pleasant experience despite those questions. Just be yourself and enjoy the day.
Man! That's definitely something I wouldn't expect haha. I appreciate the advice!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow. I wish I had been asked something that interesting during my interviews.

Wow. I wish I had been asked something that interesting during my interviews.
It made for some interesting conversation! It scared the hell out of the person interviewing after me (which he was the only other person interviewing at the time) when I told him what they asked in the 3 minutes before they called him back.

Long story short, it appears you get awesome clinical experience at Barry. Before actually interviewing and after my interview was completed I felt Barry's biggest strength was going to be their clinical exposure and opportunity to get into some stellar surgical residencies in the SE Florida. They rotate through 3 clinical sites, Jackson North, Mt. Sinai, and I don't recall the other off the top of my head. You can see tons of patients in a day. The smallest clinic is at Mt .Sinai, and while touring the clinic on the interview we were able to talk to the residents and the residency director. It's not uncommon to see up to 30 patients a day in what is really a small, 4 exam room clinic. Pretty good stuff. They also keep track of the they types of patients you are seeing at each clinic. If you aren't seeing enough of a certain demographic of patient they will have you go to one of the other clinics to get more exposure. At least in theory that's how it;s supposed to work. From what he were told, and what the students and residents preached is that their clinical education is top notch and they get exposure to every type of patient. Ultimately this is great to hear, but for me, the other aspects of the program didn't fit what I was looking for.

The other hospital is Mercy Hospital

Florida is the worst place to live come interview time. I bunched Kent/Temple together, and did AZPOD over a weekend. I was going to bunch Scholl/DMU, but just heard confirmation from Scholl too late as I had already booked round-trip flights/hotels at DMU already. It's now between AZPOD/Temple/DMU. If I like DMU on my visit, and I like the answers to my concerns, I'm probably going to end up there (assuming I get in). Right now Temple slightly edges out AZPOD, but I am going back and forth on them. I just hope DMU gets back to me before my AZPOD deadline (exactly one week from my interview). My thought process is that if I like DMU > AZPOD, I reject AZPOD and go to Temple in the event DMU rejects me. Wish I could interview at Scholl just because, but I don't have the time/money to add it to my DMU trip, and make another round of trips up north after DMU.

Florida is the worst place to live come interview time. I bunched Kent/Temple together, and did AZPOD over a weekend. I was going to bunch Scholl/DMU, but just heard confirmation from Scholl too late as I had already booked round-trip flights/hotels at DMU already. It's now between AZPOD/Temple/DMU. If I like DMU on my visit, and I like the answers to my concerns, I'm probably going to end up there (assuming I get in). Right now Temple slightly edges out AZPOD, but I am going back and forth on them. I just hope DMU gets back to me before my AZPOD deadline (exactly one week from my interview). My thought process is that if I like DMU > AZPOD, I reject AZPOD and go to Temple in the event DMU rejects me. Wish I could interview at Scholl just because, but I don't have the time/money to add it to my DMU trip, and make another round of trips up north after DMU.
Maybe I missed this, what are your concerns with DMU?

Hope all is well. Interviewing at kent on Dec 4th and was curious if anyone would be willing to share some interview questions specifically from this cycle? I looked at the interview feedback and they were from last cycle. Thank You!!
Let me know how Kent goes Im interviewing there monday

anyone else get waitlisted at AZPOD for an interview?

anyone interviewing at cspm 12/2 or ksucpm 12/7?

How much time did you guys put in preparing for interviews?? Im finishing my school semester and then interviewing a few days later. Hoping to just go through all the expected questions in those 3-4 days and practice answers. Any insight? Also just received interview at Western, looks like ill be making a trip to Cali! DMU interview is in a few weeks. Still waiting on SCPM, my first choice.
Thanks guys

Most schools are an open file type interview so they can virtually ask you anything. I had a long flight to my first interview (Portland to Miami) so I looked at my file for 11 hours on planes and lay overs. I flipped through it over and over looking for things they might ask me. I highlighted, wrote notes, talked to myself in my head (as sanely as possible) and asked/answered questions in a conversation format. I highly recommend printing off your entire application for the particular school and marking it up and going through a question/answer conversation in your mind. If I hadn't done this I would have been stumped on a few questions they asked me. You will be shocked how many questions you/they will think of just from your open application file. BE ESPECIALLY prepared to talk about any red flags on your application and be SUPER comfortable talking about them! (if you don't have red flags then you are a god and probably don't need to worry about preparing)

For me, this kind of preparation truly relaxed me for my interview days and I had enjoyable interviews!

how did you answer the first question about the aca? Curious, and I want to learn..

Most schools are an open file type interview so they can virtually ask you anything. I had a long flight to my first interview (Portland to Miami) so I looked at my file for 11 hours on planes and lay overs. I flipped through it over and over looking for things they might ask me. I highlighted, wrote notes, talked to myself in my head (as sanely as possible) and asked/answered questions in a conversation format. I highly recommend printing off your entire application for the particular school and marking it up and going through a question/answer conversation in your mind. If I hadn't done this I would have been stumped on a few questions they asked me. You will be shocked how many questions you/they will think of just from your open application file. BE ESPECIALLY prepared to talk about any red flags on your application and be SUPER comfortable talking about them! (if you don't have red flags then you are a god and probably don't need to worry about preparing)

For me, this kind of preparation truly relaxed me for my interview days and I had enjoyable interviews!
awesome great advice, thanks for the help, im gonna do that also!
appreciate it.

how did you answer the first question about the aca? Curious, and I want to learn..
When I was asked about it, I tried to stay as neutral as possible. I have some close friends and family on every socioeconomic level that have experienced the changes brought about by the ACA, so I recounted a lot of what these individuals had to say or have experienced and then summed up that I pretty much don't think I should be the person to decide the fate of the entire healthcare system. I certainly am not an expert on the subject so I didn't want to pretend that I was. Best way to learn more about it is to just to do a bit of digging on google. There is tons of info on it, and is something we all are certainly going to have to become some sort of experts on eventually.

Accepted to Midwestern! :D my number one choice!

Hello Everyone,

I just sent in all my apps! I have a 3.9 sGPA and a 3.85 cgpa. I got a 495 on my mCAT. I have been doing research with fellowships for the last 2 years, over 500 hours of community service, very strong letters of rec, I worked as a Medical scribe for over 300 hours, and have over 500 hours of shadowing and volunteering, I am a founder of a PHIDE medical fraternity at Loyola Chicago, and am VP of 2 clubs at my school!

What are my chances at getting interviews to all of the schools with a good scholarship?

Thank You!

Hello Everyone,

I just sent in all my apps! I have a 3.9 sGPA and a 3.85 cgpa. I got a 495 on my mCAT. I have been doing research with fellowships for the last 2 years, over 500 hours of community service, very strong letters of rec, I worked as a Medical scribe for over 300 hours, and have over 500 hours of shadowing and volunteering, I am a founder of a PHIDE medical fraternity at Loyola Chicago, and am VP of 2 clubs at my school!

What are my chances at getting interviews to all of the schools with a good scholarship?

Thank You!
First of all you have a great GPA from a very well known university. MCAT is on the average side but with your GPA and extracurriculars I imagine most schools won't bat an eye at it. Your research and work experience is very similar to mine. My MCAT is a bit higher and GPA a bit lower but I got $4k in scholarship to DMU which I think is their cap. I would imagine you would get at least some scholarship at any of the schools but if you've read previous posts some (like Temple) weigh their scholarships more heavily on MCAT. I think other schools take all things into account. Overall its still early and I think you have a great chance of pretty much getting in anywhere.

Where's your top choices?

I had submitted my application on Nov 16th and it has not been verified till date. My school has sent the transcript that has still not been acknowledged as received. How long does it take for the application to be verified. I have a 3.32sGPA and 3.41cGPA with a MCAT score of 503.. What are my chances ?.. Am I late in the cycle ?

Maybe I missed this, what are your concerns with DMU?

The amount of clinical experience and clerkships compared to other schools when it comes time to apply to residencies. I know each school will provide us with a solid educational background, but training/experience differs.

The amount of clinical experience and clerkships compared to other schools when it comes time to apply to residencies. I know each school will provide us with a solid educational background, but training/experience differs.
DMU has 7-8 clerkships 4th year. They are at/near the top when it comes to # of clerkships.
Seeing patients in the clinic, that's another story.

How long does professional transcript entry take ?

My piglets, I have submitted my application like 2 weeks ago... and I still don't see grades in..

For those of you interested in some tid-bits for preparing for your interviews. If you have the option through your school do a mock interview. I'm not sure how many of you have this opportunity, but it's highly advised to take advantage of it if possible.

Create a formula for how you are going to answer every question. One of the biggest things to keep in mind is to actually answer the questions they ask. It sounds simple, but often people start getting long winded in their responses and down't end up answering what was actually asked. You need to keep your answers short and to the point. No answer should be longer than 2 minutes: The formula I used was; Intro, Answer the question, expand on answer, follow up/conclusion.
Exp: Tell me a time you had to deal with stress?
Intro: That's a great question. We've all had to deal with stress at some point and it's very important to know how you respond in these situations.
Answer: I had to deal with stress during XYZ situation. (extrapolate briefly on the experience)
Expanded answer/details: During this time I relied on my support network, my time management, organization, and stress relief techniques. (talk about specifics and what you did)
Relate the question/Follow up: This really helped me stay grounded and deal with the stressful situation. I learned a lot about myself through this time and I know during my time at XYZ school I'll have to deal with similar situations. I now have experience successfully overcoming stress and will rely on the same techniques that have helped me in the past etc...(relate it to your time in podiatry school)

This is just a generic response, I was never asked this question, but this helps illustrate the process. I suggest finding a list of medical school interview questions on-line and print it out. Have your friends, family, significant other, whoever, drill you on the questions in random order. Stick to the formula for every question. It might seem weird at first, and really the specific questions don't matter too much. The important aspect is to get VERY comfortable answering random questions applying the response formula. This will pay huge dividends when you actually get to your interview and your nervous.

Also, practice to first question and last question you will get until they are memorized and you can rattle them off in your sleep.

Question #1 is almost always some variation of "tell us about yourself" it might not be phrased exactly like this. If they don't ask you this right off the bat, you can address it like this "First off, thank you for giving me this opportunity to be here today. A little about myself...." give them a brief back story, why podiatry, and why that school. Remember keep it simple, to the point, and not long winded.

The last question is usually some variation of "do you have any questions for us/is there anything else you want to share" this is an opportunity to 1) Reiterate your strengths and what you bring to the table, 2) Why podiatry, aka your commitment to the profession, and 3) Why that school and why that's the place you want to be.

I hope this helps. I did great during my interviews applying these techniques. If you have any specific questions please don't hesitate to ask and I'll help if I can.

For those of you interested in some tid-bits for preparing for your interviews. If you have the option through your school do a mock interview. I'm not sure how many of you have this opportunity, but it's highly advised to take advantage of it if possible.

Create a formula for how you are going to answer every question. One of the biggest things to keep in mind is to actually answer the questions they ask. It sounds simple, but often people start getting long winded in their responses and down't end up answering what was actually asked. You need to keep your answers short and to the point. No answer should be longer than 2 minutes: The formula I used was; Intro, Answer the question, expand on answer, follow up/conclusion.
Exp: Tell me a time you had to deal with stress?
Intro: That's a great question. We've all had to deal with stress at some point and it's very important to know how you respond in these situations.
Answer: I had to deal with stress during XYZ situation. (extrapolate briefly on the experience)
Expanded answer/details: During this time I relied on my support network, my time management, organization, and stress relief techniques. (talk about specifics and what you did)
Relate the question/Follow up: This really helped me stay grounded and deal with the stressful situation. I learned a lot about myself through this time and I know during my time at XYZ school I'll have to deal with similar situations. I now have experience successfully overcoming stress and will rely on the same techniques that have helped me in the past etc...(relate it to your time in podiatry school)

This is just a generic response, I was never asked this question, but this helps illustrate the process. I suggest finding a list of medical school interview questions on-line and print it out. Have your friends, family, significant other, whoever, drill you on the questions in random order. Stick to the formula for every question. It might seem weird at first, and really the specific questions don't matter too much. The important aspect is to get VERY comfortable answering random questions applying the response formula. This will pay huge dividends when you actually get to your interview and your nervous.

Also, practice to first question and last question you will get until they are memorized and you can rattle them off in your sleep.

Question #1 is almost always some variation of "tell us about yourself" it might not be phrased exactly like this. If they don't ask you this right off the bat, you can address it like this "First off, thank you for giving me this opportunity to be here today. A little about myself...." give them a brief back story, why podiatry, and why that school. Remember keep it simple, to the point, and not long winded.

The last question is usually some variation of "do you have any questions for us/is there anything else you want to share" this is an opportunity to 1) Reiterate your strengths and what you bring to the table, 2) Why podiatry, aka your commitment to the profession, and 3) Why that school and why that's the place you want to be.

I hope this helps. I did great during my interviews applying these techniques. If you have any specific questions please don't hesitate to ask and I'll help if I can.

I wish I had read this before my interviews! :) where have you been accepted?

I wish I had read this before my interviews! :) where have you been accepted?

Sorry, I really should have posted it earlier. Hopefully it'll help those still looking to interview.

I got accepted everywhere I applied; Scholl, Kent, and Barry. I ended up choosing Scholl.

Sorry, I really should have posted it earlier. Hopefully it'll help those still looking to interview.

I got accepted everywhere I applied; Scholl, Kent, and Barry. I ended up choosing Scholl.

When did you interview at Scholl? I was there for interview on the 23rd and I havent heard back yet. Thanksgiving may have pushed them back idk

(November 23rd)

How long does professional transcript entry take ?

My piglets, I have submitted my application like 2 weeks ago... and I still don't see grades in..

Same situation. Mine is almost 4 weeks and i do not see it in..

My piglets
niglets damn
What.jpg

When did you interview at Scholl? I was there for interview on the 23rd and I havent heard back yet. Thanksgiving may have pushed them back idk

I interviewed at Scholl on November 2nd. My interviewer told me after the interview he expected to see me there in the fall and I got my official acceptance via e-mail the next day. I heard back from Barry and Kent within 1 week of the interview date. All three places I interviewed said it would be no more than 2 weeks at that most. Not sure how other schools handle it and I assume the later it is in the cycle the longer it is to hear back.

I interviewed at Scholl on November 2nd. My interviewer told me after the interview he expected to see me there in the fall and I got my official acceptance via e-mail the next day. I heard back from Barry and Kent within 1 week of the interview date. All three places I interviewed said it would be no more than 2 weeks at that most. Not sure how other schools handle it and I assume the later it is in the cycle the longer it is to hear back.

what are ur stats brah

Hey evryone!

How is the interview at Scholl set up? Was it tough or were they all pretty chill for the most part?

Thanks

When we all enroll into pod school... i hope we can all give each other tips, advice etc..
Where suicide and depression are so prevalent we anonymously need each other when it might be inconvenient to personally get help...

(maybe we need a thread with typical pod student jokes/teacher jokes
but also one for tips/trick of the subjects ....)

Who agrees???? the pod student area is kinda dead... we need to resurrect it for us and future pod students..

amazing tip for hito, micro, anatomy etc

Imagine an anki deck created by a past med student
that has histo/micro/etc... imagine how useful that could be to everyone?

If anyone has more ideas, tips tricks.. or a they want to start thread ... DO IT !! :)

I understand that schools and years have their on Facebook group... but the info is subject to only the ppl in the fb group...
on sdn... a wider mass of ppl can have access to resources ....

Lets help each other so we can all make it out safe and sound! :)
#podfamily

Last edited:
Has anyone with a 19 been accepted to Kent this cycle? I got an interview invite, but I've heard they're not taking anyone under a 20 :(

@podiatrytime
While it is true that ur mcat is low... you did get an invite... means they like other parts of ur application.. ur gpa, ur interest in pod, the level of classes u have taken etc..
if they did not like ur application, they could've saved their time interviewing u and ur time going to the school to interview

Take the interview opportunity to shine as to why even with that MCAT score, you could succeed in pod school..

Hey everyone, I'm interviewing on Monday at Barry. I know in interviews they always ask if you have any questions, but what's the etiquette for this? Is it an empty offer? I have legitimate questions that I'd like answered- like how Barry scored below the CPME national averages in several categories, why they feel they earned their responses from graduates, and what they're doing to correct it, as well as why their tuition is highest in the nation for Pod schools? What specific aspects about their school do they feel commands such a fee above the rest?

These are questions I'd really like to hear from them about but I'm afraid it may taint my whole interview, assuming it goes well. Wondering if anyone asked similar questions at other schools and what they felt the outcome was as a result.

Hey everyone, I'm interviewing on Monday at Barry. I know in interviews they always ask if you have any questions, but what's the etiquette for this? Is it an empty offer? I have legitimate questions that I'd like answered- like how Barry scored below the CPME national averages in several categories, why they feel they earned their responses from graduates, and what they're doing to correct it, as well as why their tuition is highest in the nation for Pod schools? What specific aspects about their school do they feel commands such a fee above the rest?

These are questions I'd really like to hear from them about but I'm afraid it may taint my whole interview, assuming it goes well. Wondering if anyone asked similar questions at other schools and what they felt the outcome was as a result.

They ask, "any question you have for us" because the mean it... You have been asked tons of questions some hard and some personal, and so they give you the opportunity to ask them as a school some hard and personal questions...

It won't taint your interview, if you are kinda nice about it as well... You only look sharper, more intelligent and that much more cautions about your decisions if you ask those question u mentioned..

I asked my interviewer at Western why their graduation rate is only 66% and a couple of other choice questions. I got accepted with a scholarship.

You definitely need to ask these questions. The answers they give and they way that they answer will tell you everything you need to know about the school, like whether they simply suck and will try to hide it or whether they know they suck but don't care (*cough* Western *cough*) or whether they know they suck and they really care about the students and are on track to implement change and improve outcomes.