AACPMAS 2015-2016 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@believechem
Wouldn't let me upload this to private message thing. This was my interview email for Western.

View attachment 199928
Alright thanks! mine did not look like that at all. Just congrats and that I am selected for an interview. How would you guys interpret this? I will call Western tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad.

Alright thanks! mine did not look like that at all. Just congrats and that I am selected for an interview. How would you guys interpret this? I will call Western tomorrow.
Yea, just get in touch with them and see what dates they have available. Many of the emails I got from them seemed kinda personally typed out. Maybe they just forgot to type in that section...not sure though.

Yea, just get in touch with them and see what dates they have available. Many of the emails I got from them seemed kinda personally typed out. Maybe they just forgot to type in that section...not sure though.

Sounds good thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
DMU and AZPOD seem to be special cases, small incoming classes, but having close to a 3.0 GPA and a 495+ MCAT I think gives you a solid shot assuming you apply early to the larger programs (Scholl, NYCPM, Temple). But then again, acceptance doesn't exactly mean success in the long run.
I agree with you here.

Dude he said if I apply early like the first ****ing day I have a chance of getting in. He didn't say I was guaranteed any school of my choosing at anytime I applied. You need to relax your anus and take it to another thread.
I'm not understanding why you're feeling personally attacked by me. But your classy language and perfect grammar show you'd be a great addition somewhere. Have you looked into Caribbean med or chiropractic lately? They'd like to take your money too.

Reactions: 6 users
Just a reminder to play nice. Personal attacks (and responding to personal attacks with personal attacks) aren't tolerated and are a good way to derail this long and otherwise successful thread. If you're feeling attacked, just report the post and leave it at that. If you need to, use the ignore function.

Reactions: 4 users
Just a reminder to play nice. Personal attacks (and responding to personal attacks with personal attacks) aren't tolerated and are a good way to derail this long and otherwise successful thread. If you're feeling attacked, just report the post and leave it at that. If you need to, use the ignore function.

Well said. Also, thanks bobtheweazel for founding a prosperous thread all those months ago.

Reactions: 2 users

Hey believechem, I got one that said "Greetings from WesternU! Congratulations on being selected to interview for our College of Podiatric Medicine. We feel it is important to keep you abreast of the latest developments at the school. Visit our newsletter page for an update from Dr. Harkless along with an inside look into student and faculty activities." before I got the one with dates.

Good luck! :)

Reactions: 1 users
I'm not understanding why you're feeling personally attacked by me. But your classy language and perfect grammar show you'd be a great addition somewhere. Have you looked into Caribbean med or chiropractic lately? They'd like to take your money too.
Gj reporting someone's strong opinion. Never said anything malicious but gets reported. Man I love this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Savage

^^^^^Boy that escalated quickly..........

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
waitlisted at DMU, decent stats but i guess since the class only has 50 students....a bit tough to get in i guess. interview at Kent and scholl coming up in a few weeks.

waitlisted at DMU, decent stats but i guess since the class only has 50 students....a bit tough to get in i guess. interview at Kent and scholl coming up in a few weeks.

I just got an interview invite at DMU, was super surprised because I applied there only very recently. When using their portal to schedule my interview, there was only one date available a week from now, so seems like their class is getting kind of full. Not even sure if I should bother paying the $300 for the flight over there considering I live in NYC and have an NYCPM and Temple interview coming up as well. Then again, I hear amazing things about DMU and their facilities.

I just got an interview invite at DMU, was super surprised because I applied there only very recently. When using their portal to schedule my interview, there was only one date available a week from now, so seems like their class is getting kind of full. Not even sure if I should bother paying the $300 for the flight over there considering I live in NYC and have an NYCPM and Temple interview coming up as well. Then again, I hear amazing things about DMU and their facilities.
your MCAT is solid...so might be worth it. My GPA was higher than yours, but MCAT was lower. my interview was pretty straight forward, but i might have been waitlisted cause it was my first interview, and i was kind of nervous. I would say its worth the 300 bucks for a chance for admission.

your MCAT is solid...so might be worth it. My GPA was higher than yours, but MCAT was lower. my interview was pretty straight forward, but i might have been waitlisted cause it was my first interview, and i was kind of nervous. I would say its worth the 300 bucks for a chance for admission.

Yeah thats what I'm thinking, if I end up going there a week from now, it will also be my first interview just because my interviews at NYCPM, TUSPM, and CSPM are a few weeks from now. Only thing is if I do decide to go to the DMU interview, thats another $300-400 flight in addition to the CSPM flight later in February. Getting super expensive at this point, not to mention if I hear back from Barry or Scholl. Just wish my DMU interview was well after my TUSPM interview so that I have some idea of how Temple sees me because honestly that is my dream school, but I just keep hearing such great things about DMU that it seems like a waste to pass up their interview.

Hey how long of a period was it from the day you applied to the day you got your email for an interview from your first school?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Are these appropriate questions to ask during the formal interview? I am not sure how to phrase it. Not sure if these questions are too straight forward. Thanks!

Regarding scholarships... how much would your school be able to offer me?
What states do you place your residents? Where do MOST of your students go for residency?

Are these appropriate questions to ask during the formal interview? I am not sure how to phrase it. Not sure if these questions are too straight forward. Thanks!

What states do you place your residents? Where do MOST of your students go for residency?
Much of that imformation is covered on interview day anyway. And if not, then yes, they are appropriate questions.

If you want to ask about scholarships I wouldn't word it that way. The way you word it it makes it seem a little rude...like you think they're obligated to give you one. I would be more generic and ask what kind of scholarships does your school offer? Or do you still offer scholarships at this point in the cycle? or something along those lines

Hope the application process is going great for all those who have been interviewing and looking to receive acceptances for the class of 2020!

Hope the application process is going great for all those who have been interviewing and looking to receive acceptances for the class of 2020!

First interview at DMU this Friday, just barely missed the Iowa caucus lol

If you want to ask about scholarships I wouldn't word it that way. The way you word it it makes it seem a little rude...like you think they're obligated to give you one. I would be more generic and ask what kind of scholarships does your school offer? Or do you still offer scholarships at this point in the cycle? or something along those lines

Yah I thought it does seemed a bit rude... So I will definitely generalize that question. Thank you!

any advice for kent interview?? Interviewing there monday

Thanks

Just got verified and holy crap that was fast! They received my current university's transcript about 4 days ago and then my other transcript (one online class from a different uni from 6 years ago) yesterday and everything was verified this morning. Do I just wait for interview invites (or rejections) at this point? No secondaries if I'm not mistaken which is wonderful haha

For those of you verified within the last month or so, how long did it take to start hearing back from schools?

Where would you recommend applying this late in the game? I would like to apply to Kent and Temple.

Just got verified and holy crap that was fast! They received my current university's transcript about 4 days ago and then my other transcript (one online class from a different uni from 6 years ago) yesterday and everything was verified this morning. Do I just wait for interview invites (or rejections) at this point? No secondaries if I'm not mistaken which is wonderful haha

For those of you verified within the last month or so, how long did it take to start hearing back from schools?
Now you get to play the waiting game! No secondaries or anything so sit back and relax! I interviewed in November and it took me about a week to start hearing back from school, I didn't hear back from Kent until like 2 weeks ago but I had already been accepted to my number one choice so I didn't call and probe or anything like that.

Verified 2 weeks ago and just got a notification from Western that they received my application. Did not hear from other schools yet..

I didn't think I'd have an update so soon!

Got the application received from Barry and CSPM and even got an interview invite from CSPM already!

Hey guys!

Got an interview at Scholl coming up amd I just wanted to know how the style of the interview was and was it a pretty laid back interview or were they tough?

Thanks

Hey guys!

Got an interview at Scholl coming up amd I just wanted to know how the style of the interview was and was it a pretty laid back interview or were they tough?

Thanks
Check out the "Interview Feedback" section at the top of the SDN desktop website. You'll find recent info specific to Scholl there.

Hey guys!

Thanks

It was very laid back, they seemed really proud of their facilities and the overall program. I had a few more serious questions, but overall it was a much more relaxed interview then what I experienced at my first one. I still highly recommend using the interview feedback questions on SDN, it was essential for my interviews. Good Luck!

This might be a good time to remind everyone that has interviewed to go to the interview feedback tab and fill out the survey for the schools you interviewed at. It is a big help to those that will be applying in the future.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the call from Western for an interview! I'll be interviewing at CSPM on March 11th and Western on March 14th.

Uhh....I guess I'm the only one posting lately...this is awkward...

Interviewing at azpod Febrauary 15th!

I guess this is also a good chance to tell those who are hesitant about applying to get on it!! I was verified on Wednesday and within 3 days I've had 3 interview invites. Schools are definitely still interested so get those apps in.

Congrats! That's where I'll be going! If you want any afvice/info for interview day beyond what's on the interview feedback just pm me!

Congrats! That's where I'll be going! If you want any afvice/info for interview day beyond what's on the interview feedback just pm me!

Awesome thanks!! I'm super stoked to interview because it's one of my top choices and I wasn't sure I had the stats to get an interview. How long after the interview did you find out you were accepted?

Awesome thanks!! I'm super stoked to interview because it's one of my top choices and I wasn't sure I had the stats to get an interview. How long after the interview did you find out you were accepted?
That's awesome! I was really impressed with the program and facilities when I went! My case was a little different because I interviewed right before thanksgiving break so I didn't hear back for about two weeks. I know some kids were hearing back from them within a few days to a week after their interview though.

Uhh....I guess I'm the only one posting lately...this is awkward...

Interviewing at azpod Febrauary 15th!

I guess this is also a good chance to tell those who are hesitant about applying to get on it!! I was verified on Wednesday and within 3 days I've had 3 interview invites. Schools are definitely still interested so get those apps in.

Interviewing at AZpod and Western U same days as you...

Just arrived to Ohio, anyone interviewing at Kent tomorrow? Anyone have any advice about Kent who have already interviewed here??
Thanks

Just arrived to Ohio, anyone interviewing at Kent tomorrow? Anyone have any advice about Kent who have already interviewed here??
Thanks

My entire experience at Kent was very easygoing, nothing stressful (not even the interview itself).

Just be yourself, and be confident.

How do I setup my mat score to go to the pod applications???

How do I setup my mat score to go to the pod applications???
Go to aamc.org and login
Under the services tab click the on "Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)" which then leads you to a new page
Click on "Get Your Test Scores". on the next page click the drop down menu for "My Reports" and click "Send scores electronically".
On the next page, you will type out AACPM (or just write "podiatry" and it will pull it up) and click confirm and send scores.

So..my interview at Kent was like ...hard. They straight up asked about weak grades, Mcat score, why this why that......I was being optimistic and was like when I'm here I'll manage my time and go to Cleveland to destress ...and the doc interviewing me was like "we'll have to see about that" etc...idk...and it was super short so I really couldn't even talk about myself ....we'll see what happens lol

So..my interview at Kent was like ...hard. They straight up asked about weak grades, Mcat score, why this why that......I was being optimistic and was like when I'm here I'll manage my time and go to Cleveland to destress ...and the doc interviewing me was like "we'll have to see about that" etc...idk...and it was super short so I really couldn't even talk about myself ....we'll see what happens lol

Sorry to hear that. Very different than my experience. On another note I don't think one should ever go into an interview expecting it to be easy, on the contrary it should be prepared far as if it's going to be very hard.

Any other particulars of the interview that stood out?