AACPMAS 2015-2016 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well I got waitlisted at Midwestern. Apparently their class is already full so I was interviewing for a waitlist spot at best. Glad I got it I suppose.

Curious if the girl I interviewed with got the same or different news.

Members don't see this ad.

Well I got waitlisted at Midwestern. Apparently their class is already full so I was interviewing for a waitlist spot at best. Glad I got it I suppose.

Hey a wait list is better than a rejection! You never know what will happen as school draws closer! And if not this cycle, apply beginning of next and youll be interviewing for the actual seat in the class!

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted to Scholl! Wow they literally got back to me in 2 days...is this normal....but hey not complaining. Gonna put my deposit down.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It doesn't matter how "good" your school is or how great the clinics are if you can't pass your classes, fail your boards, or are "that guy" during your rotations. Moral of the story is that if you work hard and do what you're supposed to you will go far. The right attitude and a strong work ethic will take you anywhere you want to go. D*ck measuring aside we should all be blessed and grateful for this opportunity and all get along. We're all going to be colleaugues one day. Make your choice based off WHATS BEST FOR YOU. You'll be far happier in the long run. Cheers.

5176911.jpg

I got the same response. They said I'm #4 on the waitlist.

Accepted to Scholl! Wow they literally got back to me in 2 days...is this normal....but hey not complaining. Gonna put my deposit down.

Lucky. I interviewed there December 7th (yes December 7th) and they have yet to reach a final decision on my file.

Lucky. I interviewed there December 7th (yes December 7th) and they have yet to reach a final decision on my file.

You definitely need to give them a call or at least send them an email. My decision came within about 6 days but the longest I have heard from Scholl was two weeks.

I know there's probably old threads about this already but I wanted to get a newer and updated perspective between NYCPM vs Temple. They're both so similar in many regards but what REALLY sets them apart? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! TIA!

You definitely need to give them a call or at least send them an email. My decision came within about 6 days but the longest I have heard from Scholl was two weeks.
Lol I have which is the sad part. This is basically the breakdown: interview dec 7, got an email two weeks later saying they would update my file by jan 16, Well before jan 16 I called them to ask if I need to submit any more documents and they said no, get an email on jan 15 saying they want an academic update(I was annoyed at this point bc they could've advised me to submit an academic update much earlier), was verified for academic update on jan 29 from aacpmas, was sent an email from scholl saying I would get an update email in 5 business days, it took 10 business days, received email on Feb 11th saying a final decision should occur in the upcoming weeks, it's feb 23rd and still nothing. Idk what's going on at scholl but this speaks about their organization.

Lol I have which is the sad part. This is basically the breakdown: interview dec 7, got an email two weeks later saying they would update my file by jan 16, Well before jan 16 I called them to ask if I need to submit any more documents and they said no, get an email on jan 15 saying they want an academic update(I was annoyed at this point bc they could've advised me to submit an academic update much earlier), was verified for academic update on jan 29 from aacpmas, was sent an email from scholl saying I would get an update email in 5 business days, it took 10 business days, received email on Feb 11th saying a final decision should occur in the upcoming weeks, it's feb 23rd and still nothing. Idk what's going on at scholl but this speaks about their organization.

Hmm just out of curiosity, were you still taking classes at the time of your interview, trying to finish up a semester or post-grad classes? It seems quite odd that they would want to verify your academic record after you have already completed the interview process. I know schools do make mistakes, one actually lost my entire application but this doesn't make sense considering the fact they offered you an interview based on your submitted academic credentials.

Hmm just out of curiosity, were you still taking classes at the time of your interview, trying to finish up a semester or post-grad classes? It seems quite odd that they would want to verify your academic record after you have already completed the interview process. I know schools do make mistakes, one actually lost my entire application but this doesn't make sense considering the fact they offered you an interview based on your submitted academic credentials.

I was finishing up my last semester.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,
I submitted my application and materials on february 8th and the AACPM has yet to post my transcript. I've called and emailed repeatedly and finally today they told me that the transcript had been incorrectly posted to the wrong application service. I am extremely frustrated and alarmed that such a huge error occurred. has this happened to anyone else? I know this is basically me venting but is there a service person we can complain to about this huge error to occur to someone's application.

Does anyone know how long after the schools receive my official MCAT scores I should start hearing about interviews (or rejections...)? My application was verified and sent to schools several weeks ago and I received emails saying that my application was on hold until the scores came in- as expected. The emails made it sound like a decision had been made and they were literally just waiting for my score to make a final decision on whether to interview me or not. I know schools got my scores yesterday. And Temple said they would notify me "immediately" after receiving my scores. Sooo... What does this mean? A couple days? A week? Two weeks???

Also while I'm here I might as well do the what are my chances thing. The anticipation is killing me.
sGPA: 3.06
cGPA: 3.30
MCAT: 499
About 100 hours between shadowing and volunteering in the ER. Lots of leadership experience (collegiate athletic captain ayyyy). I work with kids with developmental disabilities, etc.

I applied to Temple, Scholl, DMU, Azpod, and CSPM. I received an interview invite to CSPM before my MCAT came back. I'm assuming DMU and Azpod are probably full by now? Any and all input would be appreciated! Congrats to everyone who has already been accepted :)

Does anyone know how long after the schools receive my official MCAT scores I should start hearing about interviews (or rejections...)? My application was verified and sent to schools several weeks ago and I received emails saying that my application was on hold until the scores came in- as expected. The emails made it sound like a decision had been made and they were literally just waiting for my score to make a final decision on whether to interview me or not. I know schools got my scores yesterday. And Temple said they would notify me "immediately" after receiving my scores. Sooo... What does this mean? A couple days? A week? Two weeks???

Also while I'm here I might as well do the what are my chances thing. The anticipation is killing me.
sGPA: 3.06
cGPA: 3.30
MCAT: 499
About 100 hours between shadowing and volunteering in the ER. Lots of leadership experience (collegiate athletic captain ayyyy). I work with kids with developmental disabilities, etc.

I applied to Temple, Scholl, DMU, Azpod, and CSPM. I received an interview invite to CSPM before my MCAT came back. I'm assuming DMU and Azpod are probably full by now? Any and all input would be appreciated! Congrats to everyone who has already been accepted :)

It took me about a week to get an interview to 3/4 schools I applied to. I heard from temple in like 2 days, dmu and kent in 7 days, scholl in 2 weeks.
Verified in mid October

I got the same response. They said I'm #4 on the waitlist.

So I just got an interview offer at Azpod but you all are making it sound like they're already full? Are you sure there aren't any open spots left? I don't know why they would be interviewing 2 weeks into March for just waitlist spots. I don't want to waste my money traveling if I don't have a shot. I would call them but it's the weekend and I feel like I need to book my flight ASAP. Thanks!

So I just got an interview offer at Azpod but you all are making it sound like they're already full? Are you sure there aren't any open spots left? I don't know why they would be interviewing 2 weeks into March for just waitlist spots. I don't want to waste my money traveling if I don't have a shot. I would call them but it's the weekend and I feel like I need to book my flight ASAP. Thanks!

I was wait listed at Midwestern and I called the other day because I was curious ( I have decided to attend Barry anyway) and they told me that their class is full and there are 66 people on the wait list. There maybe a couple of people that decide to dropout during the coming months but the deposit is a spendy thing to waste. I highly doubt more than 1 or 2 will leave after paying the deposit. So yeah I also heard from AZPOD admissions that their class is full.

I was wait listed at Midwestern and I called the other day because I was curious ( I have decided to attend Barry anyway) and they told me that their class is full and there are 66 people on the wait list. There maybe a couple of people that decide to dropout during the coming months but the deposit is a spendy thing to waste. I highly doubt more than 1 or 2 will leave after paying the deposit. So yeah I also heard from AZPOD admissions that their class is full.
Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly!!! That really helps in my decision making. I honestly don't understand why they're still interviewing though. Like how do they benefit from it?

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly!!! That really helps in my decision making. I honestly don't understand why they're still interviewing though. Like how do they benefit from it?
They probably like to keep their waitlist stacked, they have no reason not to. Almost everybody gets accepted to multiple schools so many people currently on the waitlist will probably be attending other schools. I'm sure that no matter what happens they wanna keep their classes at maximum capacity. Any one unfilled spot is a 1/30 loss in profit. I believe they were still interviewing and waitlisting people until the end of the cycle last year.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

So...i know this isnt for a while for us...but anyone look into residency issues etc. ?? Supposedly its getting a lot better and my interviewers said by the time we graduate there should essentially be no problem...but last year i think 87 out of 98 students at Scholl received residency...idk if thats normal or low.....should we be concerned about 2020 when we graduate??

Hey guys!

I was wondering, is the interview feedback pretty accurate for the questions that are asked at the DMU interview, especially for this year? Seems like their questions are definitely more challenging than the other schools so hopefully the feedback is pretty accurate.

Thank you!

Hey guys!

I was wondering, is the interview feedback pretty accurate for the questions that are asked at the DMU interview, especially for this year? Seems like their questions are definitely more challenging than the other schools so hopefully the feedback is pretty accurate.

Thank you!
They were very accurate. My interview only consisted of 1 question not on that list

Yeah I'm pretty sure there are no spots left at this point. The email I got essentially said "you would have been accepted but we're full." It sounds like the waitlist isn't just chronological though so if you have decent stats and interview well you could end up in a good spot. I just interviewed a couple weeks ago with klw336 and we got 4 and 5 on the waitlist. If you feel like your stats are pretty competitive, don't let the 66 people waitlisted throw you off.

Yeah I'm pretty sure there are no spots left at this point. The email I got essentially said "you would have been accepted but we're full." It sounds like the waitlist isn't just chronological though so if you have decent stats and interview well you could end up in a good spot. I just interviewed a couple weeks ago with klw336 and we got 4 and 5 on the waitlist. If you feel like your stats are pretty competitive, don't let the 66 people waitlisted throw you off.
I just gave up my seat at AZPOD. Good luck to all!

I'm dying to know about CSPM too. I had to push my interview way back to March 28th because the dates they originally gave me were last week of classes and during finals period (and my profs wouldn't accommodate ugh). I asked Dr. Tran and he said they filled up at the end of March last year. So fingers crossed! I know I'm cutting it way close.

Hello All!

I have an interview at Scholl on March 2nd and am wondering how the interview was for anyone who has interviewed recently. How were the questions? Were they similar to the ones on SDN feedback page. How many people interviewed you? Was the interview difficult or more relaxed? Please anyone need help anything will help!

Thanks

I'm dying to know about CSPM too. I had to push my interview way back to March 28th because the dates they originally gave me were last week of classes and during finals period (and my profs wouldn't accommodate ugh). I asked Dr. Tran and he said they filled up at the end of March last year. So fingers crossed! I know I'm cutting it way close.

I hate that Dr. Tran guy. I'm from Ohio.. And I have bee to sammuel meritt couple of time... to visit ... to interview.. for the 3 day thing etc... he sounds fishy .. the whole school just seems fishy.. I hated being there

I hate that Dr. Tran guy. I'm from Ohio.. And I have bee to sammuel meritt couple of time... to visit ... to interview.. for the 3 day thing etc... he sounds fishy .. the whole school just seems fishy.. I hated being there
Whoa there! Dr. Tran is a great teacher and school representative. He was at a grad fair and sat down for a half an hour with me to talk about my personal statement and answer questions about the profession. There aren't too many DPM's that would take a day off to go educate some students about podiatry. I have also spent some late nights with him at the school's homeless clinic and he has taught me some great things.

Don't bash others in the profession if you don't know them. It will come back to bite you in the rear.

I am also curious to what is so fishy? Other than the fact that it is in the bay area (ha ha ha).

Reactions: 1 users
Dr Tran is awesome! In my experiences with him he comes across as very proud of the program he represents, its curriculum, and its accomplishments, maybe that's what you deem as "fishy?" He's respectful and really cares about his students and their success.

As for CSPM info, shoot them an email if you have any questions, I know they will gladly answer them. I imagine things have been held up a bit this application cycle with Andre moving on, at least that's my best guess.....good luck to everyone with their March interviews!

just got verified this morning and got an invite at NYCPM. So excited! Any advice from anyone for interview day?
Thanks!

Waiting to hear back from Kent after interviewing there Friday. It's my top choice and really just felt like the right environment to be in. Does anyone know if they have specific days when the committee meets to discuss? They said you'll hear back in a week to a week and a half, but I'm just curious what your experiences were (time frame wise for hearing back) if you've interviewed and been accepted (or rejected) there recently.

What are you talking about? You've given two ambiguous claims: you hate Dr. Tran and CSPM is fishy, yet have given zero information backing either of these claims. What could possibly make you hate Dr. Tran, and how is CSPM fishy?
Dr. Tran is an extremely nice and helpful guy. Along with that he's a well know and respected podiatrist. As SLCPod stated, you should be careful talking this way. We're a small profession and having someone like Dr. Tran on your side will prove to be very beneficial.
And I'm very confused on how CSPM could be fishy. If they're fishy then so are the other 8 Podiatric schools. They've been operating for over 100 years and have earned the same APMA CPME accreditation as every one else. As a student CSPM can be great seeing as though they give some of the best scholarships. Also California is always on the cutting edge of medicine. I'd argue that our profession may be respected more in California than in any other state. Right now the California Podiatric Medical Association is working towards legislation that would abolish fee discrimination for California podiatrists. In case you're unaware, that is huge. Right now pods get paid less than orthopedic surgeons for doing the SAME procedure. If California changed this it would be amazing for our profession and I'd be very happy to be in California. Not to mention California has some great residencies and amazing work opportunities, and it never hurts to be instate.
So I'd love to hear your reasoning behind your claims.
If you or anyone else has legitimate questions about CSPM I'll try to answer them if I have time.

For anyone that's interviewed at NYCPM, how long did you wait to hear back??? I interviewed over a week ago and still no decision.

got an interview from Temple, that's my top choice... any pointers much appreciated :)

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted to Kent this morning with scholarship, which was my top school! Will be canceling my interviews to NYCPM and Temple. Hope it increases someone else's chances! Good luck :)

Reactions: 4 users

Dude...I don't often throw my hat into the ring regarding these sorts of things, but come on. Have some tact. I hope you start sorting things out. Wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Lol I need to meet this infamous Dr. Tran guy.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Accepted to Kent this morning with scholarship, which was my top school! Will be canceling my interviews to NYCPM and Temple. Hope it increases someone else's chances! Good luck :)
Congrats!! I just got an invite for my interview there. Do you have any advice how to prepare for the day?
Thanks!

HI guys,

When does the application for podiatry school open? I really need some information about that. Thanks

Congrats!! I just got an invite for my interview there. Do you have any advice how to prepare for the day?
Thanks!
Thanks. It was helpful for me to know beforehand, and being able to articulate, how I am prepared to handle the rigors of the program. The best thing you can do is just be honest in everything. They are very honest in their interactions during the interview and I think they are looking for the same. It's ok to admit that you know podiatry school is going to be difficult--because it's not supposed to be easy--but just showing them that you've acknowledged and thought about that and then say but here's how I know I can handle it. Know why you want to go to Kent, any struggles you've had in school with grades is something you should be prepared to talk about if they ask--they're really nice about it so don't sweat it--and know your personal statement and experiences because they referred to and had questions about things listed in those several times. We talked a lot about my life experiences that led me to focusing on medicine and why podiatry. Also know your podiatry shadowing experiences! Be able to talk about that if they ask what you've learned or what's the most interesting thing you've seen. And finally, the very LAST thing they asked me was "tell me about yourself; what do you like to do?" I know I just wrote a novel, but to be honest, this was the most comfortable interview I've ever had, so just be real with them, don't say anything that might give off red flags, and hopefully you'll find it's a good fit for you as well! Good luck!

Thanks. It was helpful for me to know beforehand, and being able to articulate, how I am prepared to handle the rigors of the program. The best thing you can do is just be honest in everything. They are very honest in their interactions during the interview and I think they are looking for the same. It's ok to admit that you know podiatry school is going to be difficult--because it's not supposed to be easy--but just showing them that you've acknowledged and thought about that and then say but here's how I know I can handle it. Know why you want to go to Kent, any struggles you've had in school with grades is something you should be prepared to talk about if they ask--they're really nice about it so don't sweat it--and know your personal statement and experiences because they referred to and had questions about things listed in those several times. We talked a lot about my life experiences that led me to focusing on medicine and why podiatry. Also know your podiatry shadowing experiences! Be able to talk about that if they ask what you've learned or what's the most interesting thing you've seen. And finally, the very LAST thing they asked me was "tell me about yourself; what do you like to do?" I know I just wrote a novel, but to be honest, this was the most comfortable interview I've ever had, so just be real with them, don't say anything that might give off red flags, and hopefully you'll find it's a good fit for you as well! Good luck!

that was really helpful! thank you so much. Hopefully I'll have some good news like yours to share afterwards. congrats and best of luck to you!

Hey Guys!

Interviewed at Scholl on Wednesday and just wanted to know how long it usually took for them to reply back with a decision?

Thanks!

I apologize for my empty claims... Now as to why I made those claims..

Regarding scholarships: I was given a total score in which I was 10 points away from being eligible for a scholarship. Then, a friend forwarded me his email in which he was also 10 points away from scholarship score. Not strange.. except for the fact the eligible points they quote for each of us were completely different.. At first we thought it was a simple typo/ error, but we separately called and found out that we are still being quoted different total points needed for scholarship when only GPA and MCAT added to this total..

I have friends who are currently year 1 and 2 at oakland who are complaining about a second matter. So professors have taken offs/leave for various reasons during the year and other subject teachers had to substitute the class material (sometimes horribly). So what is the issue with that? WELL, The original class teacher comes back and tests based on their expectations of class.. and not according to the substitute teacher who taught the class for months. Ask the student there urself and they will tell you. The students were fighting with teachers/ deans on this matter trying to get this fixed and their grades. As result year 1 average GPA is 3.1... compared to other school and GPA of 3.5... Then again... CSPM's last year GPA for year 1 was also 3.1..

CSPM is great, and has been around for decades and decades... But it was downgraded from beautiful SF to downtrodden Oakland. Just during interview day alone I was able to see the crime right in front of me. From witnessing major public indecency case to a kid being shot 10 mins from me same day. Well w.e.. As long I mind my business I should be fine...Right. :(

Well, I asked tran about the shootings.. n I was given a disgusting answer which makes me questions his humility as Dr... maybe he is just goofy at also inaaprioate time..

Also, during my interview, the students forcefully seemed happy and joyful while Tran was there.. and as soon as he left, the students who I had lunch with told me about why they thought Andre left.. mainly because of racial and salary issues at the office... The students also talked about the class/exam problems.... and also the crime problem...

Both of which tran didn't address when I asked him....He will sell you the school by saying .. "This is bay, I don't need to say this, but the big plus of going to school here is the simple fact that you are in the bay area ahaha.. The weather here is beautiful"

Dude...I don't often throw my hat into the ring regarding these sorts of things, but come on. Have some tact. I hope you start sorting things out. Wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Well it was nice of you to "throw your hat into the ring" and add your 2 cents..

To the ppl who love tran and CSPM ..Good for you! March on! Tran is a very successful and knowledgeable teacher and a DPM.
Anyway,
This was just what I got from my interview day alone. I will be declining there.
Through my experience I would prefer another school and another admissions guy.

W.e take my experience as nothing or as a grain of salt..thats all. ;)