AACPMAS 2015-2016 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey All,

I'll be withdrawing my seat at AZPod here soon. I was accepted into my dream program in my home state which I didn't think I had a chance at all. AZPod is such an amazing school and it was a very hard decision, but I can only hope that it goes to someone well deserving that can take advantage of all the program has to offer!! Best of luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Where are the Scholl peeps?! I barely hear from the school.. No Facebook pg activity, they don't reply to their emails, nor have I really heard from any students planning to attend this upcoming fall. WHY SO QUIET?

Where are the Scholl peeps?! I barely hear from the school.. No Facebook pg activity, they don't reply to their emails, nor have I really heard from any students planning to attend this upcoming fall. WHY SO QUIET?
Hiding:ninja:There's a couple of us who have been interacting on here the past few months, but I've definitely noticed there's not as big of a student presence on SDN.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hiding:ninja:There's a couple of us who have been interacting on here the past few months, but I've definitely noticed there's not as big of a student presence on SDN.

Not just sdn, there's no activity on any social media platforms. Maybe they're just too busy studying.. Lol
Have you guys figured out anything for housing? Also, any news on their match list for this year?

Not just sdn, there's no activity on any social media platforms. Maybe they're just too busy studying.. Lol
Have you guys figured out anything for housing? Also, any news on their match list for this year?
I actually just got my housing situation taken care of a couple of days ago. I can't really search for it right now, but through Scholl's website you can find a link to an off campus housing message board for RFUMS students. There's definitely people looking for roommates and offering up housing. I'll send you a link when I can later if you haven't found it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Paid my deposit and will be heading to Azpod this fall! Giving up my spots at Western and CSPM, hopefully that's good news for someone!

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys. I'm a first year at Scholl. Don't stress about all of that.
It was exactly the same for us last year. I paid my deposit before thanksgiving last year and didn't hear from the school for months. Trust me you will get all of the information that you need soon enough. But until then just relax and enjoy these next few months.

But if you have any questions feel free to ask or PM me. Keep in mind that I'm fairly busy but I will try to respond the best I can as quickly as I can.

Congrats to everyone that has been accepted!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Does Scholl normally take the full 2 weeks to respond after the interview? Interviewed on 3/16. Anxious ever since:cyclops:

Does Scholl normally take the full 2 weeks to respond after the interview? Interviewed on 3/16. Anxious ever since:cyclops:

In my experience they did take 2 weeks to the day, but that included Thanksgiving

Reactions: 1 user

Yes. Even last year I didn't get my response from them for 11 business days. I'm a first year at Scholl if anyone has questions.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey, are you on the facebook group?

Hi guys I was wondering if i should still apply this cycle. my mcat score won't come out till 6/21...

Thanks

Hi guys I was wondering if i should still apply this cycle. my mcat score won't come out till 6/21...

Thanks
That's reeeeeaaaaalllllyyyy late in the cycle, my advice would be to get all your ducks in a row and apply at the very beginning of the upcoming cycle. If you were to apply this cycle the schools could be completely full and your choices would be severely limited. I would hold of so that you have more choices and better chances at the beginning of the next cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)

Thanks
If there is a school that you want to go to and it has open seats then apply ASAP. I know of people who got accepted the last week of the cycle.

Last edited:
For those who interviewed at Barry, were to invited by phone or by email?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

For those who interviewed at Barry, were to invited by phone or by email?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Interview invite was by email, Acceptance was by phone call.

Just picked out my room in the TUSPM Podiatry complex. I've heard it's pretty meh, but I can deal.

Reactions: 1 users
Congratualtions!!! I am happy for you guys. I'm still waiting for my MCAT results plus I have an upcoming interview with CSPM.

Reactions: 2 users
just submitted my deposit to Scholl. can't wait to meet the rest of the class in the fall!

Reactions: 4 users
So I'm new to this forum... Just decided to switch from teaching into a career where people are more respected... Anyway got interviews at NYCPM and Temple... Still waiting on SM in California. Does anyone know seat availability... I don't mind being waitlisted but if it's a lot I don't know if it's worth the time.

Accepted into NYCPM! Actually got a call about it on Wednesday, but was busy at work and had to call back the next day to hear the good news :)
I was wondering if you can share your stats. Because NYCPM is my top choice but I have not applied yet. Thanks.

Thanks so much I appreciate it! I have a similar GPA to yours. I can't apply until May 24th because that's when my MCAT score comes out, but hopefully I can make it somewhere for this cycle :) congratulations again!

Sure thing:
cGPA - 3.14
sGPA - 3.25
MCAT - 507

Apply sooner rather than later if you can!

Thanks so much I appreciate it! I have a similar GPA to yours. I can't apply until May 24th because that's when my MCAT score comes out, but hopefully I can make it somewhere for this cycle :) congratulations again!

Why not apply now that way when your MCAT score comes out you already have everything submitted and verified?

Some schools may even grant you an interview prior to your score release.

That's a great idea, I'll call the schools to see if they're okay with this. I'll keep you guys posted maybe someone else is the in the same boat :)

Why not apply now that way when your MCAT score comes out you already have everything submitted and verified?

Some schools may even grant you an interview prior to your score release.

That's a great idea, I'll call the schools to see if they're okay with this. I'll keep you guys posted maybe someone else is the in the same boat :)
You can apply without your scores. It'll definitely help streamline things!

Does anyone know if there is a fb group for Samuel Merritt or Western?

Hey everyone!

I'm new to SDN and I wish everyone in this year's application cycle the best of luck! After going back and forth between 3 schools, I've chosen CSPM!!!!! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone!

I'm new to SDN and I wish everyone in this year's application cycle the best of luck! After going back and forth between 3 schools, I've chosen CSPM!!!!! :)

Good choice! See you in the fall!

Does anyone know if there is a fb group for Samuel Merritt or Western?
There is a CSPM group. It is a private group that is open to those have already been accepted. If you have been accepted contact Dr. Tran and he will add you.

I ended up interviewing at three schools and have been accepted to two of them. I interviewed at DMU, Kent State and Temple and was accepted to the latter two. I'm still waiting on DMU and have sent them an email since it's already been 3 weeks.

I'm pretty torn on which school to attend between Kent State and Temple. I loved the campus at Kent State and given I'm from a more suburban area (suburb of Portland, OR) the overal living environment was similar to what I'm used to. I also appreciate the significantly lower cost of living (I can get an upscale two bedroom apartment for the same price as a studio in Philly). That said, I really liked the clinical opportunities afforded at Temple.

I have until next week to submit my deposit. Academically and in terms of my quality of education, are both comparable or is there anything I should know? If I recieve an accetpance at DMU (fingers crossed) then this will be moot as that's my top choice.

I ended up interviewing at three schools and have been accepted to two of them. I interviewed at DMU, Kent State and Temple and was accepted to the latter two. I'm still waiting on DMU and have sent them an email since it's already been 3 weeks.

I'm pretty torn on which school to attend between Kent State and Temple. I loved the campus at Kent State and given I'm from a more suburban area (suburb of Portland, OR) the overal living environment was similar to what I'm used to. I also appreciate the significantly lower cost of living (I can get an upscale two bedroom apartment for the same price as a studio in Philly). That said, I really liked the clinical opportunities afforded at Temple.

I have until next week to submit my deposit. Academically and in terms of my quality of education, are both comparable or is there anything I should know? If I recieve an accetpance at DMU (fingers crossed) then this will be moot as that's my top choice.

From what I've seen in the pod forums: Go with what you're more comfortable with.

If that's too vague, this rewording also helped: Go with the environment you feel will help you excel the most academically. Whether its a gut instinct or something small that bugs you, go with it.

You've already gotten into 2 very good schools. Either way you're going. Now it just comes down to which one you think you'll succeed better in.

Also try digging in the Pod Students forum.

They have lots of inside quips about most of the schools as well as residency programs.

just got the email as well!!! can't wait for scholl 2020 :)
Would you happen to know if they still have seats for class 2020? I have an interview 2 weeks from now... I don't know what to expect. Any tips?

Would you happen to know if they still have seats for class 2020? I have an interview 2 weeks from now... I don't know what to expect. Any tips?

Yes there are still seats. Scholl interviews are fairly relaxed. Check out the interview surveys on here for specific details. Just remember they wouldn't have offered you an interview if they didn't think you could handle it or deserved to be here. The interview is your opportunity to show them who you are as a person and to "sell yourself" but also for you to interview the school.

Best of luck. I'll see you in a couple weeks.

Yes there are still seats. Scholl interviews are fairly relaxed. Check out the interview surveys on here for specific details. Just remember they wouldn't have offered you an interview if they didn't think you could handle it or deserved to be here. The interview is your opportunity to show them who you are as a person and to "sell yourself" but also for you to interview the school.

Best of luck. I'll see you in a couple weeks.
Thank you! I did not expect to get any invites due to my MCAT score. CSPM turned me down and I withdrew my application for Western and NYCPM.

Is there a Facebook group for NYCPM class of 2020?

So I am super indecisive and have yet to pick a school...
Does anyone have any reason to pick DMU, CSPM, or Western over one another?
I am interested in sports med so I think I will want a strong background in biomechanics.
Ive heard DMU is amazing.. but the only time I've been to Iowa was for the interview and I'm not sure I want to live there.

Have you been accepted to all of those schools yet? The admissions departments can probably put you in contact with a student ambassador that you can talk to.

Personally though, out of those three, I would choose DMU because they have better board pass rates so your chances of success will be higher. Western has like a 33% non-graduation rate plus it's in a crappy area. And isn't CSPM in a crappy area too?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Have you been accepted to all of those schools yet? The admissions departments can probably put you in contact with a student ambassador that you can talk to.

Personally though, out of those three, I would choose DMU because they have better board pass rates so your chances of success will be higher. Western has like a 33% non-graduation rate plus it's in a crappy area. And isn't CSPM in a crappy area too?

Yes I am have been accepted by all of them. I have talked to students from all of the schools and have gotten mixed responses. Yea Western is in Pomona which isn't the nicest part of the inland empire, but people live in the surrounding cities and CSPM is in Oakland which is super expensive to live and its well Oakland. What school are you going to?

Yes I am have been accepted by all of them. I have talked to students from all of the schools and have gotten mixed responses. Yea Western is in Pomona which isn't the nicest part of the inland empire, but people live in the surrounding cities and CSPM is in Oakland which is super expensive to live and its well Oakland. What school are you going to?
Temple.

I only interviewed at Temple, Western, and AZpod and then I canceled the rest of my interviews because I was accepted by all three.

So I haven't actually been to CSPM or DMU.

I assume you live in California? If so that would probably be a large factor. I chose Temple over AZpod mainly because my fiancée has family in the Northeast. Although it was a tough decision since AZpod has much better stats (board pass rates, 4 year graduation rate, residency placement rate) than Temple.