aacpmas 2016/2017 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You could say something more like, I wanted to do healthcare/medicine but didn't know exactly which path to take. Then I stumbled upon podiatry, etc etc. rather than saying you did not always want to be a podiatrist.

It's not a bad idea to address it in your personal statement. They will be asking you that same question again in interviews so how you landed on podiatry is something they do like to hear about.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile
Don't do this. I already did hahahaha.
But i agree, don't explicitly say you didn't want to become a podiatrist.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How long does it usually take to hear back after an interview? I'm interviewing at Kent next Friday, NYCPM on the 11th and Scholl on the 17th. I'm trying to put off buying a plane ticket to Philadelphia for my interview on November 4th until after I hear back from Scholl but not sure if that'll be possible

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It took me 2 days to hear back from Kent State.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received interview invites from Scholl and Barry, any tips? (other than their school profiles)

Submitted on Monday, verified yesterday, got an ii from NYCPM yesterday, review of application emails from the others, and a rejection from Temple today :( sad about that and super nervous now to hear back from the other schools.

I'll be at Scholl next week. Would appreciate some tips as well

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Received interview invites from Scholl and Barry, any tips? (other than their school profiles)

For Scholl:

Use the interview feedback section of sdn for preparation.

During my interview I was asked along the lines of:

• Why podiatry?
  • asked about shadowing experience and extra curricular mentioned on my ps.
    • What my thoughts were on their practice, etc
    • What I learned from the experience.
  • My strength and weaknesses
  • asked to talk about current events
  • What would I contribute to Scholl
That's all I can remember lol. If you prepare, you should be fine. It felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Reactions: 2 users
Submitted on Monday, verified yesterday, got an ii from NYCPM yesterday, review of application emails from the others, and a rejection from Temple today :( sad about that and super nervous now to hear back from the other schools.
My app was verified at 11:00 am. At 1: 30 pm Temple sent me rejection email. Do you mind sharing your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Bob. Does Temple also cross train their DPM with DOs?
We have the same professors and a lot of the same lectures as the MD and dental students, but we're at a physically different location, a couple miles south of the other health professions. We are going to have an interprofessional workshop in a couple of weeks, but it's not a daily ocurrence.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Does anyone know how I can download my LORs to the schools?

My app was verified at 11:00 am. At 1: 30 pm Temple sent me rejection email. Do you mind sharing your stats?

my undergrad GPA is 2.93 but i have a 2.6 sgpa so I guess I knew that the schools that screened would reject me but it still sucks. also got a rejection from Arizona this morning.
i got a 499 MCAT and 2 summers research experience, authorship on a research article, experience shadowing podiatrists, and scribe experience.

my undergrad GPA is 2.93 but i have a 2.6 sgpa so I guess I knew that the schools that screened would reject me but it still sucks. also got a rejection from Arizona this morning.
i got a 499 MCAT and 2 summers research experience, authorship on a research article, experience shadowing podiatrists, and scribe experience.
Everything else other than your gpa makes you a strong applicant! Better chances at the bigger schools

Sorry to hear man.

Your MCAT is sweet and your ECs are solid.

Hang in there. What Dr2U said.

iammrrobot, thank you for sharing. It is very encouraging to see someone with my similar undergrad cgpa and sgpa invited for interview. I think you have a chance. My gpa is on the lower end, and my mcat is not that good either. But I'm hoping some school will give me a chance.

thanks for sharing your stats... its nice to hear people with similar stats getting interviews! like others said, i think we have better shots at the bigger schools, especially if we apply early. did you apply for the january or september class for nycpm?

thanks for sharing your stats... its nice to hear people with similar stats getting interviews! like others said, i think we have better shots at the bigger schools, especially if we apply early. did you apply for the january or september class for nycpm?

i applied for the september class.

Just got to Independence today, WOW is it a gorgeous campus here at KSUCPM.

What questions should we expect to get at Kent. Yes I know sdn has a list but wondering from this years cycle what people got or heard. Thanks.

What questions should we expect to get at Kent. Yes I know sdn has a list but wondering from this years cycle what people got or heard. Thanks.

- Talk about a memorable experience from each of your shadowing opportunities
- I see you did research, what was it in? Can you explain it?
- Questions about personal statement
- Your science grades were a little low (I could see it circled in pen or highlighted on some of their files). How did you manage to turn that around in graduate school? How will you cope with the workload?

Do I send official transcripts to AACPM or to the schools individually?

In my interview there about a week ago I was asked:

Question about experience in my personal statement that lead me to pursue podiatry
Chemistry grades were just under average, how will you be able to adjust to a heavy work load here at pod school?
Did well on your MCAT, how did you study that helped you achieve that score?
Tell us about your shadowing experiences and what you learned/how they were different
Questions about the research I've been doing
What have you seen today that lets you know you will be a good fit for Kent?

The interview wasn't bad at all. Just be confident and honest and you'll do fine.

Do I send official transcripts to AACPM or to the schools individually?

AACPM. They should have a form that you can print off and give to your school. They'll send that form with your transcript to AACPM.

What should I say when I call asking to shadow?

"Hello. My name is ____. I graduated from ___ with a degree in ____. I am interested in the field of podiatry and would like to see the work of a podiatrist. May I speak with Dr. ____ about possibly shadowing him." I called a lot of pods saying this and it worked out well. It only takes one to say yes, so keep calling.

Reactions: 1 users
"Hello. My name is ____. I graduated from ___ with a degree in ____. I am interested in the field of podiatry and would like to see the work of a podiatrist. May I speak with Dr. ____ about possibly shadowing him." I called a lot of pods saying this and it worked out well. It only takes one to say yes, so keep calling.

well everybody is turning me down. this is great. seems like a loving profession

well everybody is turning me down. this is great. seems like a loving profession

Great. That's what happened to me. Guess what I did? Kept calling...

It took me about 2 months to find a DPM to shadow. I tried the mentor service and both DPMs weren't interested either. Call admissions to a school and they'll find you an alumni!

Verified and 3 ii so far! My gpa got rounded up :cool:

It took me about 2 months to find a DPM to shadow. I tried the mentor service and both DPMs weren't interested either. Call admissions to a school and they'll find you an alumni!

Ugh I was really hoping to do it within the next couple weeks... so I can submit my application

Ugh I was really hoping to do it within the next couple weeks... so I can submit my application
Haha i got really frustrated. After calling a school, they hooked me up with someone in a week.

Do i need to send my letters of rec for Scholl for an ii? They told me my application in under review and that they require 3 letters of rec. Not sure if they meant right now.

Edit: They sent another email. I have to send them the letters of rec. What a pain.

Last edited:
Do i need to send my letters of rec for Scholl for an ii? They told me my application in under review and that they require 3 letters of rec. Not sure if they meant right now.

Do it asap.

They would not send me an ii until I had rec letters in.

If you have them on file, send them in.