aacpmas 2016/2017 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it too late to begin the application process now and be complete by around mid November?

I'll bite:

No, I don't think so. What this means though, you have to get the ball rolling ASAP. Have your transcripts paid for and sent, have grades all entered and verified, notify people that you want them to write you LORs, and I think MCAT takes the longest --- studying for it, taking it, and finally getting results back.

So, it's not late but you should probably have all your required stuff ready now. Not to mention interview attire and travel expense money?

Are you currently in school, or what? What's your situation, what do you have available and ready to send? (Mcat, rec letters, p/s, etc)?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If i was told that I would receive and admission decision within 5 days and it's going on the 2nd week, should I call or wait? What would you guys think? Too pushy? It's to DMU btw...

If its been 2 weeks and they told you 1 week, give them a call or email them.

Does anyone know when AZ usually fills their class? Due to other interviews and conflicts I couldn't schedule my interview until November 18th, which I'm worried is too late since their class is so small.

Members don't see this ad :)
Starting to get iis (Got my first one from Temple!!! :D), where did you guys go to book flights/hotels? Foregoing the room they allow interviewees since fiance is interested in checking out temple medical school for when she eventually begins applications, they didnt allow her to take the second bed

Last edited:
If i was told that I would receive and admission decision within 5 days and it's going on the 2nd week, should I call or wait? What would you guys think? Too pushy? It's to DMU btw...

I'd call, I interviewed on the 30th of September and received acceptance on Oct 5th.

1. All
2. sGPA 3.34/cGPA3.43
3. 483 (123/121/119/120)
4. over 100 hours of podiatry experience,
5. Shadowed 3 MD
6. Anatomy Teaching Assistant

I know MCAT is really bad, but so far I have gotten interview invites from Scholl, Barry and CSPM. Do you think I will get anymore?

1. All
2. sGPA 3.34/cGPA3.43
3. 483 (123/121/119/120)
5. Shadowed 3 MD

I know MCAT is really bad, but so far I have gotten interview invites from Scholl, Barry and CSPM. Do you think I will get anymore?

You may, but you likely will need to retake your MCAT. I would plan on it and look to setting that up before your interviews so that you can say you're aware of where you stand with that score and are taking the steps necessary to amend it. That's going to be a red flag to admissions committees since it is well below the average for recent matriculants. Interviews are the first step, but you want an acceptance! And with GPA/MCAT being major factors of admission, it's fairly important at this stage for you to reflect that. I bet if you even scored 10 points higher that you would land acceptances. The upside to this is that it's completely doable and something you can fix in a relatively short amount of time. Those 3 schools alone aren't going to fill up before you've had a chance to retake it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Starting to get iis (Got my first one from Temple!!! :D), where did you guys go to book flights/hotels? Foregoing the room they allow interviewees since fiance is interested in checking out temple medical school for when she eventually begins applications, they didnt allow her to take the second bed

Airbnb for rooms.

If you know you will be flying multiple trips to East or west coast, stick with one airline and sign up for miles.

I was stupid and didn't take advantage of this and now I regret it. Could've racked up so many air points.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. All
2. sGPA 3.34/cGPA3.43
3. 483 (123/121/119/120)
5. Shadowed 3 MD

Gpas are beautiful.

Retake mcat is mandatory. Hit a 490-493 and you're looking at sure fire acceptances. They will ask during interview why your score was so low and if you plan to retake.

Do what Justin said and put it in action first so they can't even question it. Set up a date where you'll have 4-6 weeks dedicated study time. No job no school no distractions. Kill it.

Definitely call! I interviews on Friday (October 7th) and I just heard back today!!

1. All
2. sGPA 3.34/cGPA3.43
3. 483 (123/121/119/120)
5. Shadowed 3 MD

You'll get in. At this point you need to show up and have a good interview. Just be yourself.

Got an email from Des Moines stating im on hold until my MCAT is released to AACPMAS, but it shows it's already verified? Was i supposed to send out info from AAMC?

Has anyone interviewed for Scholl yet? Finally heard back from them, but next interview date is November 14.. Wondering what their interviews are like.

Has anyone interviewed for Scholl yet? Finally heard back from them, but next interview date is November 14.. Wondering what their interviews are like.

I will be there on the 14th as well!

Congratulations.. Has anyone received acceptance from CSPM.. How soon do they respond ?

CSPM gives you decision within 1 week.

Interviewed Monday, got an answer Friday.

Are you a reapplicant? Your stats are much higher than mine.

Sorry for looking through post history.

CSPM gives you decision within 1 week.

Interviewed Monday, got an answer Friday.

Are you a reapplicant? Your stats are much higher than mine.

Sorry for looking through post history.
Thanks Weirdy..

Congrats to all of you that have been accepted! How have y'all been preparing for interviews? Any advice?

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to all of you that have been accepted! How have y'all been preparing for interviews? Any advice?

- look at the interview feedback questions on here + formulate some answers.
- review your application (personal statement, EC's, shadowing, grades, etc).
- Be confident and smile lots, be passionate, be honest: BE YOURSELF!!!!!! :)

Reactions: 4 users
- look at the interview feedback questions on here + formulate some answers.
- review your application (personal statement, EC's, shadowing, grades, etc).
- Be confident and smile lots, be passionate, be honest: BE YOURSELF!!!!!! :)

What plant said.

Some who have trouble talking to people or with interviews in general will schedule a practice run through with their university first.

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed at Temple on Monday and I heard back today!!!! Wahoo

Reactions: 7 users
Got an interview invite from Barry on 10/13. Replied via email for a future interview date. Haven't gotten a reply confirming the day yet. Was wondering if I should call them or wait a while longer? Also have an interview set for NYCPM on 11/3. Anyone going to be there?

Got an interview invite from Barry on 10/13. Replied via email for a future interview date. Haven't gotten a reply confirming the day yet. Was wondering if I should call them or wait a while longer? Also have an interview set for NYCPM on 11/3. Anyone going to be there?

When i got the ii I asked for 11/8 in my reply, received a confirmation reply the next day. Did you send it over the weekend?

How long does it take for transcripts to be verified? Mine were received 9/29.......

When i got the ii I asked for 11/8 in my reply, received a confirmation reply the next day. Did you send it over the weekend?

I just called them and they said that the person doing the interviews must have missed my email. I was tentatively scheduled for Nov. 15

Also I'm shadowing tomorrow what should i wear? they said they would provide me with a sort of lab coat I guess.

For prior employment in the experience section of filling out the application, should I list jobs I've had like Chipotle, or nah? lol.

For prior employment in the experience section of filling out the application, should I list jobs I've had like Chipotle, or nah? lol.

Lol I did.

Also I'm shadowing tomorrow what should i wear? they said they would provide me with a sort of lab coat I guess.
Practice for the white coat ceremony

Don't be a weirdo. Spoke when spoken to. Be nice. Dress nice. Say thank you. Talk to and be nice to the receptionist and the nurses and all the staff members. Don't be a weirdo.

Don't be a weirdo. Spoke when spoken to. Be nice. Dress nice. Say thank you. Talk to and be nice to the receptionist and the nurses and all the staff members. Don't be a weirdo.
They cancelled on me last minute