aacpmas 2016/2017 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've heard that kinesiology courses (such as biomechanics, anatomy, motor behavior) are included in the aacmpas science gpa because they're "other science." Does anyone know if this is actually true?
Yes, they would be calculated in the overall science GPA. AACPMAS does like 20 different GPA calculations though and I'm not sure which ones the schools give more weight to. I know most of the schools that have automatic cutoffs go by overall sGPA while one school goes by overall BCP GPA, that is whatever falls in the BCP (biology, chemistry, physics) category specifically.

http://help.unicas.com:8888/aacpmas...s/academic-history-2/aacpmas-course-subjects/

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

getting burned out studying for the mcat... test is 4 weeks from today... ugh then it's a rush to get everything done for this cycle...

getting burned out studying for the mcat... test is 4 weeks from today... ugh then it's a rush to get everything done for this cycle...
Just think of it as practice for when you feel burnt out every week in medical school

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just think of it as practice for when you feel burnt out every week in medical school

I'd say so.. seeing as I've been studying everyday for like 3 months now. This is my life from here on out I guess.. (hopefully)

Yes, they would be calculated in the overall science GPA. AACPMAS does like 20 different GPA calculations though and I'm not sure which ones the schools give more weight to. I know most of the schools that have automatic cutoffs go by overall sGPA while one school goes by overall BCP GPA, that is whatever falls in the BCP (biology, chemistry, physics) category specifically.

http://help.unicas.com:8888/aacpmas...s/academic-history-2/aacpmas-course-subjects/

Any ideas on what the cutoff numbers are? For science specifically.

Any ideas on what the cutoff numbers are? For science specifically.
Last cycle it ranged from 2.70 to 2.75. But only a few schools have cutoffs. It would be wise to just email admissions of each school you plan to apply to and see if they have a cutoff and which GPAs they use for the cutoff.

Another dumb question:

Do I need to contact AAMC directly to send scores to AACPMAS? Or are MCAT scores verified by the app system after I input score?

If I do need to contact AAMC directly to send scores, do I send all scores or just most recent one? I remember reading something on here saying they have access to all attempts anyways?

EDIT: Ignore this, found it. https://portal.aacpmas.org/applicants2013/faq/faq_tests.html

EDIT2: Still confused. Do I send to institutions? Or AACPMAS itself?

Last edited:
For your MCAT score, you only need to send it to AACPMAS. They will verify it and distribute the verified score to each school.

I graduated from a university but took 3 courses at a local CC. For some reason, it said after I submitted my application that a transcript was not needed from the CC. Has anyone else seen this. The worst part about this is that I took 2 science classes at the CC, so it sucks I don't know if my transcript has been received from them or not.

I graduated from a university but took 3 courses at a local CC. For some reason, it said after I submitted my application that a transcript was not needed from the CC. Has anyone else seen this. The worst part about this is that I took 2 science classes at the CC, so it sucks I don't know if my transcript has been received from them or not.
I don't know the real answer, but if there are science credits on there, then I would not risk NOT sending it in. I would still send it in to be safe as well as proof that you took these science classes. The schools will receive anything and everything they are given. I would also advise that you call the particular schools admissions and ask them how to approach. They may want you to send it to them directly, but I doubt it.

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR AACPMAS TO VERIFY? I applied last year, but took an extra year of science classes and they have been verifying by last transcript since Aug 3rd. I sent the transcript two months ago. I know they say 2-4 weeks, but just how much do they consider the wait time?? The suspense is killing me :/

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR AACPMAS TO VERIFY? I applied last year, but took an extra year of science classes and they have been verifying by last transcript since Aug 3rd. I sent the transcript two months ago. I know they say 2-4 weeks, but just how much do they consider the wait time?? The suspense is killing me :/
Chillax dawg. It takes a few weeks. Regardless, you'll be one of the first to be verified and submitted so it doesn't really matter. Everyone else is in line behind you and thinking the same thing. It's a process, which sucks, but it'll all be behind you soon enough.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Capture.PNG
The aacpmas FAQ is a little confusing, a lot of the directions don't match up with what I am seeing on the screen. Has this been happening to you guys too? Also, all my transcript was received and the status section says so and also has a verifying section with a checkmark. If you look at the status page they show steps like awaiting materials > received > verifying. There's no next step with "verified" so how do I know when it is ready? I'll attach a picture because I'm not explaining this very well

View attachment 207895 The aacpmas FAQ is a little confusing, a lot of the directions don't match up with what I am seeing on the screen. Has this been happening to you guys too? Also, all my transcript was received and the status section says so and also has a verifying section with a checkmark. If you look at the status page they show steps like awaiting materials > received > verifying. There's no next step with "verified" so how do I know when it is ready? I'll attach a picture because I'm not explaining this very well

Here is what mine looks like. The programs still show awaiting materials for me. I was hoping that this would be a little faster since I already applied last year with another year of schooling. When did you send in yours?

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    147.7 KB · Views: 91
Here is what mine looks like. The programs still show awaiting materials for me. When did you send in yours?
oh okay yours says "verified," that's what I was looking for so thank you! I sent my transcript the 4th, it was received and processed on the 12th. The same day my schools changed to materials received. I sent the mcat on the 9th and it was arrived and verified the next day because it's electronic

how long did it take for your transcripts to be verified once they were "verifying" ?

Chillax dawg. It takes a few weeks. Regardless, you'll be one of the first to be verified and submitted so it doesn't really matter. Everyone else is in line behind you and thinking the same thing. It's a process, which sucks, but it'll all be behind you soon enough.

Crap.. I forgot I had a withdrawn class (even though I cancelled my class within 1 week they still put it on my transcript). This is probably why there is a verification delay. Hopefully, they get back to me so I can correct and it doesn't take more time.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    147.7 KB · Views: 63
oh okay yours says "verified," that's what I was looking for so thank you! I sent my transcript the 4th, it was received and processed on the 12th. The same day my schools changed to materials received. I sent the mcat on the 9th and it was arrived and verified the next day because it's electronic
Dang, mine still says "Awaiting Materials". However you still have one transcript. . . I have three lol My MCAT was verified the next day as well.

how long did it take for your transcripts to be verified once they were "verifying" ?
I actually applied last year and had those verified and took another year of science classes at this "verifying" school. Last year it only took them about a week to receive and verify everything so I dont know ://

I actually applied last year and had those verified and took another year of science classes at this "verifying" school. Last year it only took them about a week to receive and verify everything so I dont know ://
I just read on another thread that if it says awaiting materials but stuff is in, it could be an error with aacpmas and that you should call them when you get the chance. not sure how true that is but wanted to let you know!

I just read on another thread that if it says awaiting materials but stuff is in, it could be an error with aacpmas and that you should call them when you get the chance. not sure how true that is but wanted to let you know!
Oh my! I will call right away tomorrow morning when they open once again. I hope it's not the case and it only needs my withdrawn course added.

2 questions !!
-I'm pretty sure I saw someone posting about this but when uploading your essay, I am way over the charater limit. Does it matter for paragraph spacing in the essay or do they just want to see your idea? I know this sounds like a dumb question.
-Oh and another question I saw people talking about verifying your MCAT scores how do you do that? All I did was go into standardized tests and enter in my AAMC ID the date I took it the test on and then my scores for each of the sections. I feel like I am so lost. I know these are stupid questions but please someone help me out!!!!

2 questions !!
-I'm pretty sure I saw someone posting about this but when uploading your essay, I am way over the charater limit. Does it matter for paragraph spacing in the essay or do they just want to see your idea? I know this sounds like a dumb question.
-Oh and another question I saw people talking about verifying your MCAT scores how do you do that? All I did was go into standardized tests and enter in my AAMC ID the date I took it the test on and then my scores for each of the sections. I feel like I am so lost. I know these are stupid questions but please someone help me out!!!!

Formatting doesn't matter for the essay.

You need to login to your account on the AAMC website. Like where you check your scores. From there you can electronically send your score to AACPMAS. That's how they verify it.

Formatting doesn't matter for the essay.

You need to login to your account on the AAMC website. Like where you check your scores. From there you can electronically send your score to AACPMAS. That's how they verify it.

Thank you !!!!!

In case anyone is curious about verification times:

My transcript was noted as received on the twelfth, it was verified and gpas were calculated today the fifteenth. Pretty quick turnaround, I'm assuming because it's so early in the cycle. Now I guess I send out my LORs and wait!

Reactions: 2 users
2 questions !!

Just sent scores yesterday.

Go to AAMC website and "Get MCAT scores"
Sign in -> My Reports -> Send Scores Electronically -> HERE'S THE IMPORTANT PART THAT I WAS DUMB ABOUT **** for institution, type in podiatric.

AACPMAS should pop up as first choice. Select it and -> Confirm/send scores

I kept typing in AACPMAS and was frustrated when it wouldn't pop up. They don't do abbreviations.

My transcript was noted as received on the twelfth, it was verified and gpas were calculated today the fifteenth. Pretty quick turnaround, I'm assuming because it's so early in the cycle. Now I guess I send out my LORs and wait!

My transcript was received 8/9 but its still "verifying"......you think I should call and ask or am I being paranoid?

My transcript was received 8/9 but its still "verifying"......you think I should call and ask or am I being paranoid?
I'm sure it'll be done soon but hey it doesn't hurt to call and ask. Who cares if you annoy them because they're not deciding your future lol

Another question:

Is there a way to upload my resume or do I have to type in everything as "Experiences"?

From the "Type" it seems like I have to input everything.

Just seeing if there's a more efficient way like uploading a file.

Another question:

Is there a way to upload my resume or do I have to type in everything as "Experiences"?

you can upload a resume on interfolio and sent it in with your rec's but I don't think there is a space to upload a resume or CV. Question for you all: will schools not look at my apps until they get my recs? I sent them out, but some were by mail and schools in the west will take awhile for me since I'm from the east.

you can upload a resume on interfolio and sent it in with your rec's but I don't think there is a space to upload a resume or CV. Question for you all: will schools not look at my apps until they get my recs? I sent them out, but some were by mail and schools in the west will take awhile for me since I'm from the east.

I thought they do?

MCAT score verification seemed to be the biggest thing keeping schools from looking at your app.

Rec letters (from previous cycle posts) could come in much later.

Most important from what I've gotten are: Transcript, MCAT, Personal Statement

Previous student on here mentioned LORs were "more of a formality"

Another question:

Once the schools receive your application, then you can email each school your resume.

I don't know the real answer, but if there are science credits on there, then I would not risk NOT sending it in. I would still send it in to be safe as well as proof that you took these science classes. The schools will receive anything and everything they are given. I would also advise that you call the particular schools admissions and ask them how to approach. They may want you to send it to them directly, but I doubt it.

I ended up calling AACPMAS. Turns out that their was an issue on their part. If anyone else has this issue, just call them and they'll fix it for you.

Thank you everyone that continue to post. I became very knowledgeable of podiatry field from this forum. Here are my questions;
Does anyone know how the pod schools look at someone's undergrad sGPA and Grads sGPAs? Or how does AACPMAS factor Grad sGPA when calculating overall sGPA. My undergrad sGPA is very low (2.47), but my Grad sGPA is better (3.2). Do I have a chance?

my mcat was recieved but my transcript hasn't be recieved yet, I sentt it like August 1st...

would it take this long?

Thank you everyone that continue to post. I became very knowledgeable of podiatry field from this forum. Here are my questions;
Does anyone know how the pod schools look at someone's undergrad sGPA and Grads sGPAs? Or how does AACPMAS factor Grad sGPA when calculating overall sGPA. My undergrad sGPA is very low (2.47), but my Grad sGPA is better (3.2). Do I have a chance?
They will make about 20 different GPA calculations. Some will include only undergrad, some will include only grad, some will include specific years or specific subjects. The main sGPA is the overall sGPA which is a combination of all coursework. They will, however, see your upward trend and that does play a role. That being said, even your grad GPA is a little below average so hopefully you have something (MCAT, cGPA, work experience) above average to make up for it.

my mcat was recieved but my transcript hasn't be recieved yet, I sentt it like August 1st...

would it take this long?
Probably not. Did you actually call AACPMAS? They may have it but haven't updated it on your account yet. I would contact your school(s) as well as AACPMAS and get to the bottom of it.

Thanks Bob. I think I am okay with those. My worries is my sGPA.

Probably not. Did you actually call AACPMAS? They may have it but haven't updated it on your account yet. I would contact your school(s) as well as AACPMAS and get to the bottom of it.

Okay, thank you so much bob :) I haven't called them yet, I'll have to do that tomorrow morning.

Please move to What Are My Chances thread.
Its stickied right at the top of the Pre-Podiatry forum.

would it take this long?
I'm sort of in the same boat. It says everything is received and I sent it in Aug 3rd. I haven't been verified yet. Another guy on here sent his in on Friday and got verified today!! I'm gonna call tomorrow morning about what's up. Maybe you do the same.

So mine is still verifying. I sent it in Aug 3rd. I'm gonna call tomorrow morning and see whats up. I'm glad that you got verified and interviewed but dang I got there before you and yet you passed me! (Just jealous haha)