AACPMAS Fall 2016 Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SDrJJohnson

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
As this year's cycle is coming to a close, I was wondering if anyone knew when next year's (Fall 2016) AACPMAS application will be open.

Thanks for your time
-SDrJJohnson

Members don't see this ad.

Applications open the first Wednesday in August each year. So for 2015 it would be Aug 5.

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone comment on how the AACPMAS is set up or structured. How long does it take to get verified etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
How does submitting your MCAT go? Do you have to report all scores or just the newest or highest etc.?

I submitted my application on August 8th last year (it opened on Aug. 6th). My transcripts were received Aug. 14 and 21 (I had coursework at 2 institutions). My application was verified on September 3. I began receiving confirmations from the school that they got my application on September 8, and I got my first interview invitation on September 9th. I interviewed at 4 schools between October 9 and October 17, and I got my first acceptance on October 14. If you apply early, it is a pretty quick process.

The application was pretty easy to fill out. I don't remember it taking that long to complete. I suggest having a copy of your most recent transcript next to you as you are entering all of your coursework. That is the longest part of the application and having it in from of you really helps. If you are writing your personal statement in Word, i suggest copying it into a text document and then copy and paste that into the application. Sometimes the formatting in Word doesn't play nice with the online application and using a text document will remove that formatting.

As for the MCAT, I believe that you have to give the application service the ID number that you are given from the MCAT, and then you request that your MCAT scores be sent to AACPMAS through their online system that your scores are released to.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I submitted my application on August 8th last year (it opened on Aug. 6th). My transcripts were received Aug. 14 and 21 (I had coursework at 2 institutions). My application was verified on September 3. I began receiving confirmations from the school that they got my application on September 8, and I got my first interview invitation on September 9th. I interviewed at 4 schools between October 9 and October 17, and I got my first acceptance on October 14. If you apply early, it is a pretty quick process.

The application was pretty easy to fill out. I don't remember it taking that long to complete. I suggest having a copy of your most recent transcript next to you as you are entering all of your coursework. That is the longest part of the application and having it in from of you really helps. If you are writing your personal statement in Word, i suggest copying it into a text document and then copy and paste that into the application. Sometimes the formatting in Word doesn't play nice with the online application and using a text document will remove that formatting.

As for the MCAT, I believe that you have to give the application service the ID number that you are given from the MCAT, and then you request that your MCAT scores be sent to AACPMAS through their online system that your scores are released to.

Hope that helps!

That was very detailed. Thanks a lot!

Reactions: 1 users
Trying to decide if I should wait to submit my application till I get my new MCat score back. I'm retaking it in August so won't get it back till the beginning of September. Any thoughts?

Trying to decide if I should wait to submit my application till I get my new MCat score back. I'm retaking it in August so won't get it back till the beginning of September. Any thoughts?
Most schools wont interview you without a score, so submitting the application early wont do you much good. Hope this helps.

Most schools wont interview you without a score, so submitting the application early wont do you much good. Hope this helps.

This will actually be a retake. My previous score was very low (18) so I'm retaking it to get a better score. I just don't want to be automatically dismissed once they see that score when I'm going to be hopefully getting a better one come August. I have a solid gpa. Both science and cumulative are above a 3.6. My wife had our son a couple days before i took the exam the first time so it was a crazy time.

This will actually be a retake. My previous score was very low (18) so I'm retaking it to get a better score. I just don't want to be automatically dismissed once they see that score when I'm going to be hopefully getting a better one come August. I have a solid gpa. Both science and cumulative are above a 3.6. My wife had our son a couple days before i took the exam the first time so it was a crazy time.
To be honest, I would apply with your 18. Although it is low, I would wait for the schools to tell me to retake it before I spent the money. Some schools will admit you with an 18 as long as you're strong in other areas. If your GPA's are that high, they should offset the low MCAT score. What schools are you planning on applying to?

Just saw you're just waiting on your new score. I would submit man and if your new score is better, just update your application.

To be honest, I would apply with your 18. Although it is low, I would wait for the schools to tell me to retake it before I spent the money. Some schools will admit you with an 18 as long as you're strong in other areas. If your GPA's are that high, they should offset the low MCAT score. What schools are you planning on applying to?

Thats the other thing. I'd like to apply to some of the smaller class sized schools which I heard are harder to get in to. I just like the smaller one on one interaction that you get from that. Not really sure yet though. Since there is only 9 I will probably end up applying to all of them. Have you applied to podiatry school or are currently attending?

I will be starting in August. I got into a smaller school as well and my MCAT wasn't much better than yours. Apply early and interview well. You should be fine. Your GPA is very strong and it will help.

I will be starting in August. I got into a smaller school as well and my MCAT wasn't much better than yours. Apply early and interview well. You should be fine. Your GPA is very strong and it will help.

Can I ask where you will be attending. My top choice is DMU at the moment.

How many people generally apply to NYCPM? I tried looking it up but couldn't find it anywhere.

applications are officially open!
did anyone send it in yet?