Aadsaas application download

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Walshy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a freshman in college and I wanted to get a head start on becoming a dentist. I think seeing the aadsaas application now, would be beneficial. Is there a link to the application directly or a link to a file someone has downloaded. I kinda don't want to apply for the dentpin and go through the whole registration process. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

The school's secondary applications is where most of the juicy stuff is.

AADSAS mainly reports the boring crap that all schools want to know. The only things out of this that it might help you to know are:

They want to know what you have done for manual dexterity.

They want to know your average weekly hours (as well as total) for volunteering (this can throw you off if you try and do a million hours in a month before you apply or something).

The only want to know how many total hours for shadowing.

They want to know start and end dates for both of the above.

That's all I can think of that would really help you.

The school's secondary applications is where most of the juicy stuff is.

AADSAS mainly reports the boring crap that all schools want to know. The only things out of this that it might help you to know are:

They want to know what you have done for manual dexterity.

They want to know your average weekly hours (as well as total) for volunteering (this can throw you off if you try and do a million hours in a month before you apply or something).

The only want to know how many total hours for shadowing.

They want to know start and end dates for both of the above.

That's all I can think of that would really help you.

Thanks. Do you know where I could find some secondary applications?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, but where are the supplements?

Each school does it a bit different. Go to the schools website.

Some schools will only send it to select people.

Some schools have it online or have what you need to know for it online.

People underestimate how much a dental school will speak to you even as a freshman. I would make your top 20 D-school list(yes top 20) and call them all and ask any and all questions you may have. Every year cut this list by 5. Follow up with the same schools to see if things have changed. We only know so much on SDN.

Good ambition.

Most of the secondaries I did weren't too interesting. Off the top of my head, ucla, upenn, asdoh, ucsf have some beefy ones. But for the most part they just go more in depth about leadership and extracurrics, and you can talk about the same stuff for each one. Some of course will ask why their school, and then you'll have to research the school.

A lot of the schools I applied to were just "send us money k thanks"

I am currently a freshman in college and I wanted to get a head start on becoming a dentist. I think seeing the aadsaas application now, would be beneficial. Is there a link to the application directly or a link to a file someone has downloaded. I kinda don't want to apply for the dentpin and go through the whole registration process. Thanks.

The ADEA AADSAS General Instructions has all the info that is contained in the application. While some secondaries might have the more detailed/interesting questions, it is indeed a good idea to be looking into what's required for the application well in advance because some of it takes a long time accomplish (shadowing, volunteering, ECs, research, scouting out potential letter writers). That might help you map out your next couple of years and keep things organized. Just remember to keep that GPA up. That's probably the hardest thing to address down the road.

If you (or anyone else who reads this) really want to see what the application looks like, PM me. I have a tidy PDF of the whole thing.

Most of the secondaries I did weren't too interesting. Off the top of my head, ucla, upenn, asdoh, ucsf have some beefy ones. But for the most part they just go more in depth about leadership and extracurrics, and you can talk about the same stuff for each one. Some of course will ask why their school, and then you'll have to research the school.

A lot of the schools I applied to were just "send us money k thanks"

Exactly.

Schools do a very good job keeping their secondaries hidden until they send them out. A few do put them online I believe (you can download Creighton's). But don't worry about that, because you're not going to be behind. Everyone else has to wait to get it from the school.
The most involved secondary I got was from UCSF. There were maybe 3 or 4 short essays (just a few each paragraphs maybe), and you had a strict word limit and a time limit of 2 weeks to complete it. There is no reason you should need more time than that anyways. The rest of my secondaries were either 1 or 2 short paragraph answers (like "Why Creighton?"). The majority though were "fill out this page of biographical info (name, address, SSN) and mail a check for $75 to us". Just make sure you check each school's website when you submit AADSAS so you know what to expect. I was able to send in some deposit checks weeks before being asked (their website said we could do this) and that saved a lot of time.