AADSAS Application submission date!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kevin Cole

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm really confused by different comments from different dental students regarding which day is better to submit my application.

I can have everything ready and submit my application by June 4th, but I keep hearing that it might be better to wait until my Spring quarter grades are in and then turn in my application. I have been told that they will not look at my application till December, in case my Spring quarter grades are not in. My grades will be out by June 20th.

Should I turn in my application on June 4th and just update it on 20th? Or should I just wait until 20th and turn everything in?
Is it true that they will not look at my application until December if my spring grades are not in?!

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

You can "submit" your application on June 4th, but on June 4th itself you'll have to print out transcript matching forms. Will your transcripts with Spring quarter grades be ready on June 20th, or will only the grades be available? At my undergrad univ, we had to wait 3-4 weeks for after the term to get our transcript. If your transcripts are available on June 20th, and the school sends them out ASAP with Spring term grades, it'll take 2-4 weeks to verify the transcripts, so you'd probably be in the 2nd or 3rd mailing batch at the earliest.

I actually opted to skip the Spring term grades and go on with my transcripts that didn't have those grades. I wanted to be in an as early mailing batch as possible. It just depends on what is more important to you. I hope this helped, but let me know if you have any other questions. Feel free to PM me

Hi everyone,

I'm really confused by different comments from different dental students regarding which day is better to submit my application.

I can have everything ready and submit my application by June 4th, but I keep hearing that it might be better to wait until my Spring quarter grades are in and then turn in my application. I have been told that they will not look at my application till December, in case my Spring quarter grades are not in. My grades will be out by June 20th.

Should I turn in my application on June 4th and just update it on 20th? Or should I just wait until 20th and turn everything in?
Is it true that they will not look at my application until December if my spring grades are not in?!

Thank you

I skipped Spring grades and sent it in around June 25th and received interviews from 8/10 schools I applied to. They simply reminded me to update in December. It was a non-issue. Skip your spring grades if your GPA is fine and submit as soon as you can.

IMO, however, there is little difference during when in June you send it in. I received some of the very earliest interview request according to others on SDN. Too many people obsess over getting it in on Day 1. If you have to wait for spring grades and submit on the 20th, don't sweat it.

Members don't see this ad :)
That can be said about ANY grading period... Say you sent in Spring grades and then you got a letter telling you that the school wants to wait to Summer term or Fall grades. I would submit earlier rather than later. I still stand by the fact that an early application makes a huge difference.

This is all depending on your GPA, though. If you have a 3.8, they are not going to want a grade update from you. If you have a 3.3 and have a Spring term filled with difficult sciences (some of which are requirements), then yeah, they might want to see a grade update.

That can be said about ANY grading period... Say you sent in Spring grades and then you got a letter telling you that the school wants to wait to Summer term or Fall grades. I would submit earlier rather than later. I still stand by the fact that an early application makes a huge difference.

This is all depending on your GPA, though. If you have a 3.8, they are not going to want a grade update from you. If you have a 3.3 and have a Spring term filled with difficult sciences (some of which are requirements), then yeah, they might want to see a grade update.

:thumbup:

It makes sense. I think I will go with applying super early then. I'm mostly taking reaserch at UCLA right now.
Thank you for all your great comments.