AADSAS change, be aware!!! (Professional Experience)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mleu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently submitted my application a few weeks ago. Under professional experience, I realized they changed something, which may hurt your application!

Under each section, it USED to say (when I submitted it), "Position Title" for each of your experiences.
NOW, it has changed to "SUPERVISOR Position Title"

I am extremely upset and concerned that this will hurt my application. For example, under work experience, I put Employer as Texas Tech University. Position title as Japanese Tutor. And now they changed it to Supervisor Position Title?!

I wanted to quickly let you all know just incase anyone out there may have provided information about their own position title in their application… I will be calling AADSAS tomorrow to see what is going on.

Members don't see this ad.

It's just an error that occurs AFTER submission. Proof: Check your application PDF for each school.

Last edited:
It's just an error that occurs AFTER submission. Proof: Check your application PDF for each school.

I checked my PDF and it says "Supervisor Position Title"
My PDF I printed before I submitted says "Position Title"

:(:(:(

Members don't see this ad :)
That's likely an error on the portal entry/submission pages.

Position Title is what shows up on your actual application. They're interested in what position YOU held, not your supervisor.

This is exactly what I thought, but after seeing it on both my online application and PDF form, I am concerned that they just changed it completely. How could they make an error like this in the first place? It's important!

This is exactly what I thought, but after seeing it on both my online application and PDF form, I am concerned that they just changed it completely. How could they make an error like this in the first place? It's important!

No, no. Go to Dental School Designations and click on the binocular icon next to the school name. This is the PDF I am referring to.

Seriously. This isn't even an issue.

#1. You're probably looking in the wrong place, like @whitepapertree pointed out.
#2. Why would it ask for your supervisor's name, then ask what position your supervisor is in if they are your supervisor?
#3. Admissions personnel are smart, and they'll figure it out.

My head hurts.

THANK YOU!!! They should really fix that. This is an issue!

THANK YOU!!! They should really fix that. This is an issue!
Hi! I am having the same issue; however I have not submitted my AADSAS application yet. On both the regular view and the PDF (right before printing), it still says Supervisor Position Title. This is holding me back, as I was hoping to have submitted by now. But why would they want to know my supervisor's title instead of mine??

Hi Everyone!

I just called the application folks and they said it is NOT an error. The supervisor position title is in fact the Supervisor's position title. We put OUR position title in the description.

Well if you already submitted it doesn't matter. Many people have interviews already doing it the old way so obviously the schools don't care (probably because it's been that way for ages, just google SDN AADSAS position title and you will see)

Hi Everyone!

I just called the application folks and they said it is NOT an error. The supervisor position title is in fact the Supervisor's position title. We put OUR position title in the description.

I just posted a thread to ask a question about this.
I called AADSAS customer service as well and the person answering the call said that she did not get notified this to be an error.
But I am still not hundred percent sure, so posted a thread to ask the question.

thread address
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...anged-into-supervisor-position-title.1152412/

Funny, I posted the thread 8 minutes after jp71709 left comment.

Hi Everyone!

WOW are you serious… Too late for me now!!! :(