**AADSAS FAQ Compilation**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Regarding the coversheet, would it be fine to add 3 things from each category, or would that look cluttered? @Glimmer1991

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I take my DAT on Aug. 8 and I plan to submit my application before that (June 20). Will my scores delay the process in anyway?

Thanks for your help!

I take my DAT on Aug. 8 and I plan to submit my application before that (June 20). Will my scores delay the process in anyway?

Thanks for your help!

Goodness, yes. Definitely. Most schools won't consider an application without DAT scores--along with your GPA, they are arguably the most important part of your application. Even if the rest of your application is early, that is sort of negated by your DAT scores coming in much later.

However, August isn't terribly late. :) Just do well on the DAT and it will be fine. Make sure to scan your scores and send them to schools the day you get them.

Goodness, yes. Definitely. Most schools won't consider an application without DAT scores--along with your GPA, they are arguably the most important part of your application. Even if the rest of your application is early, that is sort of negated by your DAT scores coming in much later.

However, August isn't terribly late. :) Just do well on the DAT and it will be fine. Make sure to scan your scores and send them to schools the day you get them.

Thank you for your help! If I were to scan the unofficial report, will schools accept that? I am new to the application process, so I wasn't sure.

Thank you for your help! If I were to scan the unofficial report, will schools accept that? I am new to the application process, so I wasn't sure.

Generally, they will take them and start to actually look at your application. However, they won't send out an invite until the "official" scores come in through AADSAS--just to wait and make sure that everything pans out. :) It can just speed up the process a little bit for you.

Should I pick three things from each category for the cover sheet, or will that look cluttered?

(Answer from @sjv ) When you flag for cover sheet, it only lists the title/date/hours and is very neat with subheadings.

So yup--might as well pick 3!

Generally, they will take them and start to actually look at your application. However, they won't send out an invite until the "official" scores come in through AADSAS--just to wait and make sure that everything pans out. :) It can just speed up the process a little bit for you.

Thank you so much :)

When entering in a repeated course, do I enter in the grade or repeated? My transcript shows both the grade and a R for repeat. I'm not allowed to enter both

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Also, for a withdrawn course, do I still enter 5 for the number of credits attempted? (for say a 5 credit course). It just seems odd to enter the # of credits attempted when I never completed the class

When entering in a repeated course, do I enter in the grade or repeated? My transcript shows both the grade and a R for repeat. I'm not allowed to enter both.

Are you not able to put the grade and then "repeated" for the special classification?
http://www.adea.org/AADSASapp/Instructions/coursework.aspx

Directly from AADSAS:
  • Special classifications: Indicate if the course has any special classifications designations. Select not applicable if the course does not have a special classification. Special classifications include:
    • Repeated Course. Any course attempted more than once. Do not indicate it for the first attempt. If the course could be categorized under two classifications, “Repeat” should be selected.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks glimmer!

Hey guys, sorry if this has already been answered. I looked around but couldn't find much on the topic.

I have a list of about 20 schools that I'll narrow down to 10-12, but until I know my DAT scores (taking it late July), I won't be able to do this. For example, I'm not going to apply to Columbia if I get 18s across the board. That being said, I'm 100% sure I want to apply to 3 schools (my state schools) regardless of how well I do on the DAT.

Would I be able to submit the app to these 3 schools now and then submit to another ~10 next month? I think I've read somewhere that this is allowed but I'm not positive. Also, would it be possible to tweak my application before I submit to those 10 schools, even though I've already submitted once before that?

Am I able to submit my app to a few schools now and then add more in the future?

Is it possible to tweak my application after submitting?

@TheDanger

Yes--right now, you can just apply to a few schools. If you decide to add more later, you'll still get the reduced rate for applying to multiple schools.

Once your application is submitted, it's done. You can't make ANY changes (though requested LORs and new DAT scores can be uploaded). The first and only opportunity you'll have to update anything is during the late fall/winter during the academic update (where you can input your grades for fall courses).

Sweet, thanks Glimmer. You're a life saver once again.

Reactions: 1 users
How do I describe activities where I participated on-and-off (or just not on a weekly basis)? How do I describe activities where I joined and then later gained a leadership role?

The fact that you can only put in one start/end date and have to give an average weekly number of hours is REALLY annoying. I can understand your questions; however, I think everyone runs into this.

Here's how I just ended up filling things out. I'd put the date I joined as the "start date." In the description, I'd add something like, "I became president on 01/2014." Also, for the average weekly hours, I ended up just putting the average hours I put in on the weeks I participated. If you're on a committee that meets once a month for four hours, as an example, then there really isn't a "weekly" commitment--it's more so a "monthly" commitment. Or maybe it's something that you did your freshman year, took time off from during your sophomore year, and then started back during your junior year. But it's an activity that needs to be included, so what's a person to do?!
I think the best thing you can do is try to give more specifics in your description. ie, "Met once monthly. Participated sophomore and junior year." I know this eats into your character count, so try to keep it brief.

Plain and simple, though, there should be a better way to input hours and dates.

Oh well. Like I said, everyone is going to run into these issues. Just do the best you can. :)

Good Lord. Filling in the hours spent for field hockey and lacrosse over 4 years..

So I just noticed something odd...

I've sent in 3 transcripts to AADSAS, each from a different school. As of yesterday, they had received one of the three ("date received" is 6/09). Today, it has updated to 2 transcripts received but they're both from the same school. ??? The date received for the second transcript is 6/10. Not a huge deal, I'm just wondering if anyone has had this happen before.

Hey guys, I remember a few people asking about whether they should use bullets or sentences for the Professional Experience section. During the webinar AADSAS had recently, the woman was saying that she suggests using bullets because adcoms read hundreds of applications a day so it just makes it easier for them when bullets are used. I spoke with my advisor about this and she said to do whatever you're comfortable with, but using bullets does allow you to provide more information. She also said not to worry about adcoms thinking that you're lazy/a bad writer for not using sentences. They'll see how strong of a writer you are from your PS.

I thought this bit of advice could help some of you. I'm in the process of changing my descriptions to bullet form.

Reactions: 1 user
In regards to fees, you need to pay ~$250 for the first school designation on AADSAS, then $90 to every other school after. I received an email from Case saying:

Our screening process requires that applicants send us their supplemental application fee directly to our PayFee website ( http://dental.case.edu/admissions/payfee ). We ask that you carefully provide your abbreviated last name (4 characters), abbreviated first name (3 characters), and then your 2015 application ID number, then complete the process to submit your application fee online. We no longer accept checks for our supplemental fee. You should submit this fee independently of the ADEA AADSAS verification step or mailing date so that we can review your application as soon as we can. Once we begin to receive applications from ADEA AADSAS, we will not review your application until the supplemental fee is paid; our office acknowledges this by a status change in your portal. It may take a week or so for us to get those statuses changed, so if it is not changed by the end of June, send us an email with your confirmation number.

Question: Are supplementary application fees separate than AADSAS application fees? Do I have to pay an additional supplementary fee for each individual school or does the AADSAS fee cover for those school fees?

Tell me about Interfolio. Should I use it? How does it work?

Here are instructions from 2013. Someone please update these if they're wrong.

Okay, so Interfolio is a paid service that you can use to store and send your recommendation letters. By and large, I think it is a good thing to use. I'll start by saying that the only con I have found to using it is that it takes longer for AADSAS to load rec letters sent via Interfolio. For example, one of my professors uploaded straight to AADSAS and it was instantaneous. On the other hand, it took over a week for my Interfolio letters to be uploaded to my application once they were delivered (which is electronic, BTW).

Interfolio is particularly useful if you think you may need to apply more than once. They'll store your letters for you, so you won't have to go and bother your professors to submit them again. There are 1-year, 3-year, and 5-year plans that you can purchase. Regardless of the plan, I think Interfolio stores your letters for 5 years (but don't hold me to that). So, even if you only purchased the 1 year plan and had to apply again, you could just renew your subscription and they'd still be there.

BASIC INSTRUCTIONS
1. Sign up for Interfolio, choosing whatever plan you want.
2. In your Dossier, "Request Recommendation."
3. Fill in required stuff.
4. Check YES that the letter must be signed and YES that it is confidential.
5. Request via email (unless, for some reason or another, you want to hand the request to your recommender).
6. If you already have uploaded your PS or resumé , you can theoretically pick them as a "supporting document" to send to your evaluator.
8. Upload your LOE matching forms to Interfolio (get them from your AADSAS account). You can fill them out yourself, as they don't require a signature.

These next instructions are taken directly from Interfolio.

You can use your Interfolio Dossier to deliver letters of recommendation to your ADEA AADSAS application. To expedite AADSAS's processing of your delivery, you should include the matching AADSAS Letter of Evaluation form for each letter you send. Here are the steps you need to complete an electronic delivery to AADSAS:
1. Log in to your AADSAS application and indicate that you will send your documents by paper delivery. This is important because of the way AADSAS processes documents sent from Interfolio's electronic delivery process.
2. Next, log into your Interfolio account. Go to your Account Settings to add your AADSAS ID to your account. For help adding your AADSAS ID, check out Adding IDs to Your Account.
3. Start a new delivery, and type AADSAS in the search box.
4. Add each document and it's corresponding Letter of Evaluation form (downloaded off the ADEA AADSAS application) that you would like to send.
5. Check out your delivery. It takes 7 to 10 business days for AADSAS to process your documents into your AADSAS application.
Note: AADSAS accepts no more than four letters through its centralized letters service. If you send AADSAS more than four letters, the extra letters will be discarded.

MORE DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS ON UPLOADING MATCHING FORMS AND SCHEDULING A DELIVERY
1. Print out matching from AADSAS.
2. Fill it out for each evaluator.
3. Scan into computer.
4. Log into your account.
5. Go to "manage dossier."
6. Click the "+Add" button in the upper left corner.
7. Upload your matching forms.
8. The forms should now be in your dossier.
9. Click the "new delivery" button in the upper left corner.
10. Put in "AADSAS" as the delivery location and select it.
11. Add all necessary document to the delivery.
12. On the next page, if you haven't already, click the blue link that says, "I'd like to associate an ID number with this application." You can then add your AADSAS ID# to your delivery, which should makes things easier for AADSAS to link them to your file (although it should already be easy).

If I plan on applying next year but want to get a recommendation letter from now into my interfolio, would I need to do the AADSAS matching form? I don't have an AADSAS account or dent pin yet. Thank you for this thread btw!!

In regards to fees, you need to pay ~$250 for the first school designation on AADSAS, then $90 to every other school after. Are supplementary application fees separate from AADSAS application fees? Do I have to pay an additional supplementary fee for each individual school or does the AADSAS fee cover for those school fees?

Oh yeah! The supplemental fees are in ADDITION to the AADSAS fees.
Now you know why people say it is all so expensive...

Also.... Make SURE you follow the directions that Case gives you (for this and anything else!). Dr. Chuck puts a lot of time into his application materials and appreciates it when people actually read them. :D

Last edited:
If I plan on applying next year but want to get a recommendation letter from now into my interfolio, would I need to do the AADSAS matching form? I don't have an AADSAS account or dent pin yet. Thank you for this thread btw!!

You could just wait until next year to enter all of this info. And you're welcome! :)

Oh yeah! The supplemental fees are in ADDITION to the AADSAS fees.
Now you know why people say it is all so expensive...

Also.... Make SURE you follow the directions that Case gives you (for this and anything else!). Dr. Chuck puts a lot of time into his application materials and appreciates it when people actually read them. :D
*Throws hands up* I guess I can't go part time anymore /facepalm
Also thanks for the tidbit. :)

First, thanks for being a rockstar Glimmer and doing this for everybody.
Secondly, do you know if AADSAS updates in real time or just daily? For example, is it worth to check for my gpa verification more than once a day?

First, thanks for being a rockstar Glimmer and doing this for everybody.
Secondly, do you know if AADSAS updates in real time or just daily? For example, is it worth to check for my gpa verification more than once a day?

I'm almost positive that you get an e-mail when your GPA is verified. No reason to check. :D

Just a quick question, under AADSAS, for the paper evaluator's address: does it have to be their residential address? Or can it just be the school address of the professor?

Just a quick question, under AADSAS, for the paper evaluator's address: does it have to be their residential address? Or can it just be the school address of the professor?

I just put the school with building and office number for my professor's address, and my dentist's business for his address. Personally I think it's a little creepy to go around asking for your professor's personal address, but maybe that's just me.

Do we need to put our AADSAS ID on our supplemental fee check? Penn didn't specify...

Do we need to put our AADSAS ID on our supplemental fee check?

In general, put this on ANY correspondence you have with ANY school. It will just make their jobs easier... and that might bode well for you. :D

Last edited:
My committee letter was sent on the 11th and it has yet to be uploaded, should I ask my advisor to resubmit the committee letter or is this normal wait time.

My committee letter was sent on the 11th and it has yet to be uploaded, should I ask my advisor to resubmit the committee letter or is this normal wait time.
Sent or requested? I would first contact your advisor to confirm that the letter had been sent (I requested mine to be sent on 06/06 but after I called my advisor last week (06/16), I noticed that they had not sent it until I called them.) I would wait 10 business days after it's sent, so maybe tomorrow/Wednesday.

I might call AADSAS first before asking your advisor to resubmit it, but I would definitely check in on it. My committee letter got submitted on the 20th and AADSAS uploaded it today, the 23rd. But was it snail mailed or electronically sent in, because that might make a difference. Mine was electronically uploaded.

Did they send it by mail? Why not just upload it electronically? Electronic uploads are very fast. (I actually thought they were instantaneous, but maybe not.)

Did they send it by mail? Why not just upload it electronically? Electronic uploads are very fast. (I actually thought they were instantaneous, but maybe not.)
My committee can't upload electronically, so they had to mail it out. I don't know if it's the same case as DrillSoHard.

Sent or requested? I would first contact your advisor to confirm that the letter had been sent (I requested mine to be sent on 06/06 but after I called my advisor last week (06/16), I noticed that they had not sent it until I called them.) I would wait 10 business days after it's sent, so maybe tomorrow/Wednesday.

I guess requested so maybe they waited a bit and sent a batch of committee letters together. Sounds like a good idea thanks.

I might call AADSAS first before asking your advisor to resubmit it, but I would definitely check in on it. My committee letter got submitted on the 20th and AADSAS uploaded it today, the 23rd. But was it snail mailed or electronically sent in, because that might make a difference. Mine was electronically uploaded.

Snail mail unfortunately.

Yep snail mail, my advisor said they upload TMDSAS letters electronically but mail in AADSAS letters. I have no clue why they would do that but maybe my advisor was lazy :/

Nvm should have read this thread before posting

My evaluations are taking awhile to show received also. Health advisor submitted them Tuesday. I wouldn't say it was slow but TMDSAS already shows they were received the day of...

Do I need to have completed all of my prerequisites before applying?

NOOO!!!! You just need to have them done before you MATRICULATE. :D Schools understand that you may not have had the time to complete them all--most people are applying before they even start their senior year, after all! However, they will want to know your grades in these classes once you've taken them.

I need advice!!!! I am completely finished with the AADSAS application, but I havent submitted it just yet. I am leaving tomorrow for California for 10 days, so I am hesitant to submit it because I won't have time to fill out/send off the supplementary information if requested to do so until I get back. Should I submit it anyways or wait until I return from California?

Submit it, wait for your gpa to get verified (should take a week or so), and then you can do your supplements after you get back from California.

Submit it, wait for your gpa to get verified (should take a week or so), and then you can do your supplements after you get back from California.

Okay!!! Thank you!

For the professional experience section, do we have to list our activities in any particular order?

For the professional experience section, do we have to list our activities in any particular order?

Unless it it explicitly tells you to do so in the instructions (and I'm genuinely not sure if it does--I don't have access to the app), then I'd just list them in order of importance.

Hmm okay, so I called AADSAS just now and the woman on the phone said in any order I think would be the best. She said most people list them in chronological order. I asked if from top to bottom or bottom to top and I think she got annoyed, so she just said whatever I think is best.

I think I'll do it resume style and go top to bottom from most recent to least. meh

Do I need to have completed all of my prerequisites before applying?

NOOO!!!! You just need to have them done before you MATRICULATE. :D Schools understand that you may not have had the time to complete them all--most people are applying before they even start their senior year, after all! However, they will want to know your grades in these classes once you've taken them.

Does anyone know for Baylor if I should list that I will be taking statistics I in the future (it's one of their pre-reqs, and I still haven't taken the course yet)?

Last edited: