**AADSAS FAQ Compilation**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know for Baylor if I should list that I will be taking statistics I in the future (it's one of their pre-reqs, and I still haven't taken the course yet)?

Might as well.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied through aadsas to LECOM and have completed the secondary app. Looking through links on the portal I came across a PDF "dental preprofessional advisor letter instructions", which says that you need the professor to fill out the sheet and send in with the letter. My question is do I need to do this after I have already sent in my letters (committee packet) through aadsas??

Last edited:
I applied through aadsas to LECOM and have completed the secondary app. Looking through links on the portal I came across a PDF "dental preprofessional advisor letter instructions", which says that you need the professor to fill out the sheet and send in with the letter. My question is do I need to do this after I have already sent in my letters (committee packet) through aadsas??

No clue... Ask LECOM! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I have 4 LOE listed on AADSAS... 2 Science and 1 dentist have submitted. Will schools still view the LOE's as incomplete even if they only require those 2 sci and 1 dent? Thanks

My guess is that it depends on the school. (I know this is the answer to a lot of things, but sadly, things like this just aren't consistent across the board!)
I don't see why they wouldn't count it as complete, though.

Just looked back in here for first time in ages. This thread really needs to be stickied - nice work Glimmer!

Reactions: 1 users
Do I really have to enter in every course I've taken?
What do I do about AP classes?
Can I e-submit before my transcripts are in?
Can I e-submit before my GPA is verified?

Yes, yes, yes.

First, enter all of your classes and their grades. Just put your AP stuff under your first semester, and give it the description and grade that it has on your transcript. For example, all of my grades for my AP courses were "S" on my transcript, so that's what I did. They also had descriptions on my transcript, and I copied them directly. AADSAS didn't change anything.

Yes, you can e-submit before your transcripts are in. However, a word for the wise: The VERY first thing you should do once you make your AADSAS account is get your transcripts sent out. I know that AADSAS sent me a message when I first created my account telling me to do this, but I think a lot of people skim over this part. It takes a while for your transcript request to be processed, sent via mail, and uploaded to AADSAS. Don't hold yourself up any more than necessary.

Your GPA won't be verified until you e-submit. It seems to typically take 1-3 weeks for this to happen, which is yet another reason why you want your transcripts to be in before you submit.

I don't understand your last paragraph (are there typos or am I just not getting it?)... "Your GPA won't be verified until you e-submit. It seems to typically take 1-3 weeks for this to happen, which is yet another reason why you want your transcripts to be in before you submit."

I don't understand your last paragraph (are there typos or am I just not getting it?)... "Your GPA won't be verified until you e-submit. It seems to typically take 1-3 weeks for this to happen, which is yet another reason why you want your transcripts to be in before you submit."

Which part are you not getting? All of your transcripts need to be received by AADSAS in order for your GPA to be verified (calculated) but they don't verify until you submit your application. Verification takes various amounts of time depending on when you submit and typically takes longer earlier in the cycle.

Which part are you not getting? All of your transcripts need to be received by AADSAS in order for your GPA to be verified (calculated) but they don't verify until you submit your application. Verification takes various amounts of time depending on when you submit and typically takes longer earlier in the cycle.
Let's say you have your transcripts sent on opening day. Should you e-submit before AADSAS receives them, and then they will start verifying as soon as they get them? Or wait until transcripts are "in before you submit"?

Let's say you have your transcripts sent on opening day. Should you e-submit before AADSAS receives them, and then they will start verifying as soon as they get them? Or wait until transcripts are "in before you submit"?

Whenever you complete the application you can submit and pay, it doesn't matter if your transcripts are in or not because they won't begin verification until they are received anyway. The first batch (completed and verified applications) isn't sent out until the ~end of June (this cycle was slightly earlier) anyway so you'd be in the first batch even if you submitted a few days later. I'd say most people don't submit on the first day anyway and usually transcripts arrive before submission.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not sure if this has already been asked, but I wasn't able to find it in the questions section.
I had a question on how to calculate total number of hours from credit hours when asked to put number of hours in the Academic Enrichment section. For example, if I completed a post-baccalaureate program with 22 credit hours, how should I calculate total number of hours?

I would greatly appreciate anyone's help! I tried emailing an admissions office, but I imagine they're busy right now and I haven't heard back yet.

Thank you!

I'm not sure if this has already been asked, but I wasn't able to find it in the questions section.
I had a question on how to calculate total number of hours from credit hours when asked to put number of hours in the Academic Enrichment section. For example, if I completed a post-baccalaureate program with 22 credit hours, how should I calculate total number of hours?

I would greatly appreciate anyone's help! I tried emailing an admissions office, but I imagine they're busy right now and I haven't heard back yet.

Thank you!

Have you tried calling AADSAS? :) Not sure if they're open for the season, but I'm not sure about this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you tried calling AADSAS? :) Not sure if they're open for the season, but I'm not sure about this.
I will definitely try calling! Thank you for the suggestion! I will post back once I get a reply, in case other applicants have a similar question. :)

I will definitely try calling! Thank you for the suggestion! I will post back once I get a reply, in case other applicants have a similar question. :)

I received a reply from admissions. You should count the hours you were in class and write the total number, then divide it by the number of weeks.

This questions might have been answered already but are we allowed to write about future positions on our AADSAS application?

Do I need to have completed all of my prerequisites before applying?

NOOO!!!! You just need to have them done before you MATRICULATE. :D Schools understand that you may not have had the time to complete them all--most people are applying before they even start their senior year, after all! However, they will want to know your grades in these classes once you've taken them.

What if you're planning to take it in the summer while applying? i.e. I graduate this June but will not take physiology until June-July through an extension program?

When inputting AP courses, and if my transcript doesn't list them individually, I just put it in as one course in my first quarter of coursework, correct? Well, I have 44 credits of Advanced Placement courses, but the max on the course thing is 20 units. So... What should I do? Just leave it at 20? Anyone else run into this problem?

I just got an awesome opportunity to do some observation and research at a dental school over in Thailand as I am studying over here for the summer. As I just got this opportunity, I was not able to put it on my adea aadsas application which I submitted in early June. I was wondering if there was any way I could get it in my application, like emailing the individual schools or something as this would add a lot to my application! Any thoughts/suggestions?

This questions might have been answered already but are we allowed to write about future positions on our AADSAS application?

I wrote about the research I was going this summer (2015) as I submitted in June before I began.

I am only waiting for my letters of rec to be submitted. Do dental schools begin reviewing after I e-submit or after I submit my supplementary applications? I want all my stuff to be reviewed at once and I am deciding whether to e-submit now so I can do my supplementary apps or wait until letters of rec are uploaded to e-submit

How can I see what my application looks like to schools?

1) Once you have e-submitted, go to "dental school designations" and click it.
2) Click the binoculars under the the "Application PDF" header.
3) Voila! There's your app, and that's how it'll look to schools. You can see your DAT scores and everything on it.
Hi Glimer, is this still true for the 2016 application cylce as I dont see it anymore

Anything that I enter into the 2016 AADSAS application will get erased around next month, so there is no point in submitting my transcript right now, correct?

Hello, all!

There are some basic, common questions about the AADSAS application. Time and time again, people make threads asking the same little things. "How do I use Interfolio?" "Do I use full sentences instead of bullets for my activity descriptions?" etc etc.

Instead of having tons of threads, how about everyone post those little questions here. It would also be good to have a centralized thread where people can look to see if their application questions have already been answered.

If you guys think of anything that you've seen come up a bunch, go ahead and post it! I'll start by answering a few things that I can think of right now.

Overview

When can/should I submit?

LORs

Prerequisites

Coursework/Transcripts/GPA

DAT

Timeline

Extracurriculars

Awards/Honors

Random Questions

Supplementary Apps

I have two questions:

1.) Maryland Dental requires me to submit a LOR from a biology and chemistry faculty each. I also have a professor who I interned with who teaches at Maryland. Can he submit an additional LOR?

2.) Can I only start sending LOR requests from AADSAS once the applications open? Should I use Interfolio instead?

Thanks!

I'm not sure which schools to select when I apply for the DAT. If I don't select a school and end up applying there, do I need to pay to have official score reports sent to them?

So long as you just select ONE school, they will all get your scores when you apply. Your scores show up on your AADSAS application to every school.

You might as well select all of them, though, and AADSAS will send the schools what they call an "official" score report. However, your scores are on your application (you can view a PDF of it when you apply) that goes out to all schools--even the ones you don't select. For example, I took my test last year and didn't know I'd be applying to UConn or UoP. They still got my scores, though, because I had selected other AADSAS schools when I signed up.

However, if you don't select them all (or didn't know it was a good idea to until now), DO NOT PAY TO HAVE REPORTS SENT WHEN YOU APPLY. It is completely unnecessary and some people who are uninformed waste hundreds of money on doing so. I am not aware of any school who requires more than what shows up on your application. (It would be the same thing, after all!)
Thank you for informing me!!!!! Literally answered my question :)

I am planning on taking the DAT late July. If I e-submit my application with everything completed, and for some reason my practice tests do not give me the scores I would want, would the schools look down upon an "incomplete" application if I apply next year?

I am planning on taking the DAT late July. If I e-submit my application with everything completed, and for some reason my practice tests do not give me the scores I would want, would the schools look down upon an "incomplete" application if I apply next year?

Well colleges want to see that there's a significant change in your application if you are going to reapply so I wouldn't suggest you submit your application now if you aren't confident that you will get the score you want.

how long does it take for your application status to be complete after you submit your application?

Thank you

I would like to submit my aadsas application as early as I can. I have everything done (DAT taken last year, LORs written and ready to be sent, personal statement written, transcripts to be sent June 1st, etc).
So, on June 1st, I will be ready to enter all of my courses into aadsas, fill out the application, submit my PS, send my transcripts, have my recommenders send my LORs, etc...

Should I submit my application as soon as I fill out everything (even though my LORs and transcript might take days-weeks to process)? Or should I wait for my LORs to process and GPA to be verified, and then submit?

I will also be doing various volunteering and shadowing throughout the summer (although I already have 100+ hours of each), should I submit the app early and then keep updating my hours on the app all summer or does that affect the date that my application is considered "submitted" every time I update things?

Should I include scholarships that I got in undergrad under Awards/honors?
Also if I was an ASDA member for the last 3 years where should I include that?

Last edited:
What is the maximum characters allowed for the disadvantaged student essay?

Should I include scholarships that I got in undergrad under Awards/honors?
Also if I was an ASDA member for the last 3 years where should I include that?

I'd definitely list scholarship awards you received. I know I am at least. They are rewards.

what information is asked under "request recommendation", just email address? (wondering b/c i already asked my prof and she's waiting for procedure)
thanks!

anyone know if they consider "A+" as 4.33 or whatever?

Sorry if something similar has already been asked.

I have some non-graded courses listed on my transcripts. Some of my labs are listed separately as 0 credits since their grades are included in the lecture grade. Do I include the courses listed as 0 credits?

Right now I’m still waiting for the 2nd science professor to write me the LOR.
I already have 1 letter from dentist, 1 from science professor, and 1 from my hospital volunteer manager.
My question is that should/can I submit my application now then add the letter from the 2nd science professor later. I’m afraid that some schools (those that require 2 science professor letters) will reject my application when they don’t see the letter from the 2nd science professor.