Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

AADSAS GPA vs Transcript GPA

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by baby tooth, 07.27.12.

1. Thanks to Crack the DAT
?

Was your AADSAS GPA different from your transcript GPA? (Pick two)

1. My +/- GPA was higher on AADSAS than on my transcript (explain below)

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  2. My +/- GPA was the same on AADSAS as on my transcript

13 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. My +/- GPA was lower on AADSAS than on my transcript (explain below)

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  4. My GPA without +/- was higher on AADSAS than on my transcript (explain below)

12 vote(s)
    28.6%
  5. My GPA without +/- was the same on AADSAS as on my transcript

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. My GPA without +/- was lower on AADSAS than on my transcript (explain below)

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. baby tooth

baby tooth

SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    So this came up in another thread and I'm wondering how all of you guys with AADSAS calculated GPA's turned out. I looked through past threads, but they're old and don't have polls.

Was your AADSAS calculated GPA higher, lower, or the same as the GPA on your transcript? If you know why there was a discrepancy, please disclose why in the comments. :)
  2. Tunaman

Tunaman

Pre-Dental
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Pretty much the same
  3. baby tooth

baby tooth

SDN 2+ Year Member
    I'm going to be upset if mine aren't the same as on my transcript. I have a few W's...those don't get entered in as 0.0's...do they? :scared:
  4. Tunaman

Tunaman

Pre-Dental
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I have a few W's, they don't affect your GPA. My GPA didn't change between my actual transcript and the one AADSAS calculated
  5. mrg276

mrg276

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    My AADSAS gpa without +/- was 0.01 points lower than my transcript GPA.. so I'm not too worried about it lol
  6. baby tooth

baby tooth

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Good to know! Thanks! This really only applies to the +/- GPA.

The without +/- GPA is going to depend on the letter grades themselves only, obviously.
  7. znny19

znny19

Dental Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    My aadsas gpa was higher because they count A+ as 4.33 while my institituion counts them as 4.0. Those few A+s I recived boosted my gpa :thumbup:
  8. baby tooth

baby tooth

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Wow, your school gave out A+'s on a regular basis. A+ were really hard to come by at my school. I'm pretty sure to get one in most departments, the professor had to write to the department chair to explain the situation. I didn't even know A+ existed at my school until a friend got one.
  9. baby tooth

baby tooth

SDN 2+ Year Member
    I'm still curious as to how someone's GPA can be lower on AADSAS than on the transcript. I just don't understand how this is possible.
  10. mustardseed5

mustardseed5

SDN 2+ Year Member
    If your school allows a grade earned in a repeated course to replace the grade earned in the first attempt, then your AADSAS GPA will be lower. AADSAS takes both grades into account when determine GPA, while some schools don't.

Also, regarding W's: I thought withdrawn courses DO hurt the AADSAS GPA. Don't they count a W as zero earned grade points out of the number attempted? Anybody?
  11. znny19

znny19

Dental Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member

It wasn't on a regular basis. Your class avg had to be above a 98 and only some professors will give them out because they have no affect on your gpa, (except for AADSAS). By few i mean only two :p. Though I will say one of my friends gpa was a 4.2 by getting A+s in every class possible.
  12. baby tooth

baby tooth

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Well I'm not saying getting an A+ would be easy by any means. It'd just be a lot easier if there were clear-cut guidelines for universities across the board. Because some universities give absolutely no A+'s...even if you have a 100% in the class. And some (like mine) make it really hard (you basically need a 100% to get a professor to try to do it, since it involves a lot of extra work for them).
    Last edited: 07.29.12
  13. baby tooth

baby tooth

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Tunaman above said his W's didn't hurt his GPA, but I'm curious as to where you got this information from.

I don't even see how AADSAS could attempt to calculate a grade for a W. It's not an indication that you failed the class...unless you have a WF or something. I certainly wasn't failing the classes I have W's in.
  14. mustardseed5

mustardseed5

SDN 2+ Year Member
    I was simply asking (and nobody suggested that you were failing anything). I wouldn't know about this since I never received a W. You're welcome for answering your other question, though.
  15. baby tooth

baby tooth

SDN 2+ Year Member
    I didn't mean to come across as defensively as you may have interpreted my post. It was only upon re-reading that I realized it could have come across as very defensive.

Still, I wonder about the W's. I'm practically ****ting bricks made of fear. :scared: Lol
  16. mustardseed5

mustardseed5

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Do not worry, babytooth. I followed the link in the other thread because I was curious-- W's do not count against you, as I now understand. I am sure you will be fine and I wish you the best of luck this cycle. We're all in this together!!!
  17. baby tooth

baby tooth

SDN 2+ Year Member
    I'd give you a hug right now if I could. :)
  18. Stacker

Stacker n = 1

SDN 5+ Year Member
    Higher

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal