AADSAS & Transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dcao

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if I had to wait until May 15th or whatever the date is to create an account on AADSAS. If I do have to wait until May 15th, does that mean I have to wait until that date to request my transcript as well, since they require a transcript matching form to be attached with it?

Thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

Unless I'm missing something blatantly obvious, you have to wait until June 4th to create an account with AADSAS and begin your application (including downloading your matching forms). See here: https://portal.aadsasweb.org/

So we have to wait until June 4th to even request our transcripts, since it requires a matching form?

Members don't see this ad :)
So we have to wait until June 4th to even request our transcripts, since it requires a matching form?

As far as I know, yes. I mean you could probably call the school and have them ready your transcript, but until the application opens I do not think you can get your hands on the matching form. So essentially, it doesn't even give you a leg up. It just opens the door for the school to misplace your transcript so that you have to ask for it over again.

In the end, it's not that big of a deal. It'd be a different story if you were the only one who had to wait until June 4th to request your transcripts and then get the school the matching form, but since we're all subject to the same terms, the playing field is still level.

I'm pretty sure you have to wait till June 4th as well, but that doesn't mean you can't get started on your resume/ PS.

http://www.adea.org/dental_education_pathways/aadsas/Applicants/GeneralInstructions/Pages/default.aspx

That page lists pretty much everything that will be on there. Try to guesstimate to the best of your ability how long you spend on your EC programs and shadowing also.
Besides that and your PS, everything else is pretty much filling in your info and getting your transcripts.

That's good question that I would like to know as well!
g.gif

Last edited: