Aamc 11 ps :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nemo123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Bleh. I just took AAMC 11, and I got a 10 on PS and I was 1 away from getting a 9. :( I've taken all the other AAMCs and I've gotten 5 13s and 2 12s for PS, but I got a 10 today. I don't know. A lot of people say that AAMC 11 is most representative of the actual exam and my score for PS plummeted. I don't know whether to take this as a fluke or not. Did anyone else have an experience like this on AAMC 11?

Members don't see this ad.

Regardless of how you do on the AAMC exams, the real thing will be harder. Just realize that your subsection scores will MOST likely be in the range of your practice test scores and theres nothing wrong with finding one exam hard. Thats the point of this test. Just take it as it is and try to find out what concepts made you weak on AAMC 11

I don't know. I just didn't get my footing throughout the whole section. I made a couple calculation errors (like not dividing 10^3/10^2 correctly). It's odd because on two of the previous AAMCs, I thought I got a 10 or 11 also, but I ended up with 13s on both of them.

Members don't see this ad :)
^ Lol thanks. I was just worried because everyone says AAMC11 is most representative of the actual exam, so scoring the lowest I ever have on 11 was worrisome, to say the least.

Look. Just be thankful you're scoring 11's. You don't need a 12+ PS score to get into medical school

^ Lol thanks. I was just worried because everyone says AAMC11 is most representative of the actual exam, so scoring the lowest I ever have on 11 was worrisome, to say the least.

Your average is a better indicator than any individual test. That 10 was below your average, significantly. Don't psych yourself out of a killer ps score on account of one test.

Bleh. I just took AAMC 11, and I got a 10 on PS and I was 1 away from getting a 9. :( I've taken all the other AAMCs and I've gotten 5 13s and 2 12s for PS, but I got a 10 today. I don't know. A lot of people say that AAMC 11 is most representative of the actual exam and my score for PS plummeted. I don't know whether to take this as a fluke or not. Did anyone else have an experience like this on AAMC 11?

All it says is that the topics covered on AAMC 11 highlighted some of your weaker areas, and were possibly not covered on earlier tests. I scored a 13 in PS on AAMC 3 but dropped to a 10 on AAMC 4, and this was primarily because AAMC 4 covered more of my weaker subjects than AAMC 3. I wouldn't worry too much about it if you are consistently hitting double digits (which you are). Just review the questions you missed and make sure you are proficient in those topics. I also wouldn't worry about the PS on AAMC 11 being "more representative" of the real thing. So far the PS on all the AAMCs have been pretty much the same structure/difficulty, with the exception of different topics covered.