About the ads

1. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.

Aamc 5

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by msd848, May 12, 2009.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. msd848

msd848

Pre-Medical
    SDN 5+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    df
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  2. FIREitUP

FIREitUP

Medical Student
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    ehh, i thought it was kind of annoying. a couple tricky PS questions (especially physics questions!! i usually get all physics correct), and BS had an ambiguous passage.
  3. 244869

Pre-Podiatry

Edit: For some reason I searched for aamc test 5 because I will be taking it on monday but provided my thoughts for aamc test 4 which I just took yesterday. (late night studying + sdn breaks = brain failure). I wiill post what I think of test 5 on monday.
    Last edited: May 23, 2009
  4. 244869

Pre-Podiatry
    Definately trickier than aamc4. The PS was not hard...but very tricky. I made a lot of dumb mistakes because of the way the questions were worded. The VR had a slightly harder curve...I had the same raw score as aamc4 but lower score. BS had so much chemistry...my weak point.

PS 11
    VR 8
    BS 10
  5. millepora

millepora

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I thought it was the one of the most straight forward tests that I took from the AAMC collection.
  6. MaryLennox

MaryLennox

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    it was the first one i took so i figured thats why it was so low (7ps/10bs/11vr.) i did much better on the second one i took (#4, i got 10ps/12bs/12vr) but when I searched everyone said that was an easy one. so who the hell knows how i'm really doing :) i better take them all!
  7. mfrizzo3

mfrizzo3

Medical Student
    Army SDN 5+ Year Member

+1 I actually scored 5 points higher on this test. It is all so subjective with the AAMC's. Some people score high where you will score low. You should be more concerned with your overall trends.
  8. TANSTAAFL

TANSTAAFL

SDN 2+ Year Member
    PS 9
    VR 13
    BS 7 !!

Wha?? Skewed. I'm usually in the 10-10-10 range (it's been 8-9-10'ish).

Ah Picasso, I barely knew ye.

Number 6 on Tuesday (one every five days in the run up.)
  9. orrghead16

orrghead16 decimals and dollars

Pre-Medical
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Let me give you guys a piece of advice that I wasted hours on SDN wasting.

The tests only depend on your own weaknesses. I thought 5 was one of the easiest, along with 10. I thought 3 & 4 were the hardest, and I got my lowest scores on them. Classifying a test as "hard" or "easy" is only, really, only dependent on it hitting your weak or strong points, respectively.

I spent way too much time on SDN trying to justify a poorer score on an AAMC because the test was "overwhelmingly hard" when it really just showed what I was weak in. Inevitably, some will share your idea and think it was tough; some will think you are crazy. All you can do is learn from it.
  10. wannabadr10

wannabadr10

SDN 2+ Year Member
    My AAMC 5 score and real score were exactly the same