Aamc 7

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redcap

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Did anyone else find that AAMC 7 was unusually difficult compared to the previous AAMC exam? I scored a lot lower than I usually do...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
ill be doing it tomorrow
let's go 08/21 TEST!!!!
i just finished aamc 9 (did it randomly)
got totalys crewed up on bio, verbal section.. good luck :D

Members don't see this ad :)
This was my first AAMC test. I thought PS was okay. There was a horrible wave(eartquake) passage. VR was really hard. Usually i get 9s on EK and i got a 6 on this VR. I felt like every passage was High medium in difficulty.. BS was alright.

^ Agree, I found the sciences pretty normal (though with a couple weird passages), but I did uncharacteristically poorly on the verbal.

I thought verbal was really hard, but then again I've been seriously sucking at verbal on the two AAMC's I've taken. I got a 10/7/11 on AAMC 7 and a 10/8/10 on AAMC 6.

I took it yesterday so today I decided I am going to find out what the hell is going wrong with verbal for me. I looked at the diagnostic report and it is actually very helpful if you look closely at it and go through the various options (or just print it out and it prints the entire thing). I noticed on both of the AAMC's I have taken so far, in the skills for verbal I severely lacked in was "Application" and "Evaluation". My % correct on both tests for these 2 categories was very consistent and low. So I went through the Official AAMC Guide to find out what exactly these skill sets are looking for. I seriously hope I can improve on verbal. A 7 on the real thing is not going to cut it at all.

this is kinda ireelevent
but
i get more right on hard questions than
medium questions
wtf...
it doesnt help me since they get scored the same
:D

this is kinda ireelevent
but
i get more right on hard questions than
medium questions
wtf...
it doesnt help me since they get scored the same
:D

My guess is that you understand the passage so the harder questions that involve interpretation (Analogy, New Info, etc.) are easier to answer for you. You are probably falling for the common answer traps for the medium questions so my advice would be to learn the "Attractor" type answers to help on the medium.

Different people have different tendencies, I don't think any of the tests are that much harder. I happened to get my highest score by 6 points on AAMC 7 and my lowest on AAMC 6, which people had been telling me is the easiest.

I thought the PS was hard when I was taking it. I barely had time to finish. The verbal I thought was on par with the other tests and none of the passages were insane. The bio had a lot more orgo than usual.
I ended up with a PS 13 V 11 BS 13