Aamc 8

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rgerwin

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else feel the physical science section was super hard? I still squeaked by, but my score definitely went down 2 points. The weird thing was I got a fine score on the bio.

Members don't see this ad.

so, being the big nerd that i am (that we all are probably haha) i wanted to know what HAPPENED with my AAMC 8 score... so i went to the back to figure out how many hard vs easy questions there were..... so there were like 33% PS, 52% VR, and 35% BS HARD questions on AAMC 8, whereas there are only 10% PS, 5% VR, and 5% BS HARD on AAMC 9. this made me feel a LOT better :D ... especially since the grading scales are the SAME :confused:

now my question is... will the test look more like 8 or 9 or kinda in between like 7... or does it all depend on which form you get and then it's graded accordingly... (i know its probably this last option) ... i hope i get an easy one!!!! :luck:

MasterMD said:
so, being the big nerd that i am (that we all are probably haha) i wanted to know what HAPPENED with my AAMC 8 score... so i went to the back to figure out how many hard vs easy questions there were..... so there were like 33% PS, 52% VR, and 35% BS HARD questions on AAMC 8, whereas there are only 10% PS, 5% VR, and 5% BS HARD on AAMC 9. this made me feel a LOT better :D ... especially since the grading scales are the SAME :confused:

now my question is... will the test look more like 8 or 9 or kinda in between like 7... or does it all depend on which form you get and then it's graded accordingly... (i know its probably this last option) ... i hope i get an easy one!!!! :luck:

thanks for sharing the info, i noticed that with 6r and 7 how the difficulty increased (did that nerdy calculation long time ago). 52% hard Q for VR in aamc 8? damn, i really hope everyone fails that in reality so it can curve up to something decent. these practice tests are so strange, the scale should normally make up for the difficulty. this either means people are getting smarter or aamc is getting bitchier.

sweetstuff25 said:
thanks for sharing the info, i noticed that with 6r and 7 how the difficulty increased (did that nerdy calculation long time ago). 52% hard Q for VR in aamc 8? damn, i really hope everyone fails that in reality so it can curve up to something decent. these practice tests are so strange, the scale should normally make up for the difficulty. this either means people are getting smarter or aamc is getting bitchier.

thats just it though... 9 is the most recent and its the easiest.... i heard from my TPR teacher that one of the tests is just a compilation of hard stuff.... im guessing that it's 8!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone send me the solutions to AAMC 8? I would really really appreciate it!!!! Thanks.

I got a 28,
11 PS
8 VR
9 BS

My lowest VR so far, but did have an interruption in the middle cause the landscapers came. Hopefully I can get back to 10+ on the real thing on Sat.
I honestly don't know why I can't do better in Bio, I just end up making ridiculous decisions during the test.

All in all it was a pretty hard AAMC test.

MasterMD said:

I actually have a friend who took test 9R two augusts ago. I'm not sure what the difference is between 9R and 9 though. Aren't these practice tests just a compilation of questions from the different versions of the test?

Whatsamatta U said:
I actually have a friend who took test 9R two augusts ago. I'm not sure what the difference is between 9R and 9 though. Aren't these practice tests just a compilation of questions from the different versions of the test?

There is no "AAMC 9R"....just AAMC 9, which came out a few weeks ago.

Whatsamatta U said:

yeap as teerawit said... no 9R... and yes these practice tests are all compilations of the multiple forms that are given for each test sitting. if you look in the back of 9 it tells you that the grading scale is based off of the two 2005 exams... an indication that 9 is a compilation of questions from both 2005 sittings :)

So this is exactly the part I do not understand! If there were sooo many harder questions on PT8 then there were on PT9, why are the grading scales the same? If there are so many more hard questions, should the curve not be more generous? i.e. need to get less right to get a higher score? :confused:

bambina01 said:
So this is exactly the part I do not understand! If there were sooo many harder questions on PT8 then there were on PT9, why are the grading scales the same? If there are so many more hard questions, should the curve not be more generous? i.e. need to get less right to get a higher score? :confused:

i think they just come up with an "average" grading scale for those sittings over the multiple forms for the practice tests. each form in reality has its own grading scale... but for practice tests ... since they are compilations an average makes sense... although they do not account for if the compilations are harder or easier...

MasterMD said:
i think they just come up with an "average" grading scale for those sittings over the multiple forms for the practice tests. each form in reality has its own grading scale... but for practice tests ... since they are compilations an average makes sense... although they do not account for if the compilations are harder or easier...

Okay, thanks, that makes somewhat more sense to me. I just hope that means the really bad mark I got on PT 8 could have been a little higher.....

Teerawit said:
There is no "AAMC 9R"....just AAMC 9, which came out a few weeks ago.

No no no, when he sat down to take the ACTUAL MCAT in august of 2004, his test was 9R.

Whatsamatta U said:
No no no, when he sat down to take the ACTUAL MCAT in august of 2004, his test was 9R.

Hmmm? From what I have been told the "R" stands for revised.

Whatsamatta U said:

Ok, but that has no bearing on "AAMC 9". Just a coincidental nomenclature issue.

Just took AAMC 8. Went from 30+ scores on Kaplan FL to 27 :eek: . NOW I am freaking out :scared: . And I usually stink at PS, my highest was a 10, but on this one i got more PS questions right(73%) than any other section. WTF

DRKUBA said:
Just took AAMC 8. Went from 30+ scores on Kaplan FL to 27 :eek: . NOW I am freaking out :scared: . And I usually stink at PS, my highest was a 10, but on this one i got more PS questions right(73%) than any other section. WTF

read what i posted above ^^^

Can you please also send me the solutions to AAMC 8 too ^_^? Hopefully this is not a realli old forum...I am really really appreciate it!!!! Thanks a bunch.

email: [email protected]

That's funny. AAMC 8 was my BEST! I got a 12 PS 10 V 11B...too bad my real MCAT was a 8PS 9V 11B Q.

I thought for sure I failed that PS section and ended up getting a 13 (with all mistakes on one passage - stupid solubility Chem) :smuggrin:

i pooped on this exam. i wonder how they grade it if there is poop on it? anyone have any thoughts on that?:scared: