AAMC assessment package worth it at this point?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ebasappa

Momma said knock you out.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. So basically, I have about 18 days until the Sept 11th MCAT, and at this point I'm just taking FLs n covering a few content gaps here and there. Do you guys think it would be worth it to spend the $104 on the assessment package? I'm a bit tight on money, but it wouldn't be a huge deal.

So far my exams have been

AAMC 3 (Aug 19) 11/5/11 ( Verbal was a huge fluke, got nervous for my first FL, plus other stuff. Reviewed it nonetheless)
AAMC 5 (Aug 21) 12/9/11
AAMC 4 (Aug 24) 12/10/13

Members don't see this ad.

I found it very useful, but if you still have AAMC 7,8,9,10, and 11 left I wouldn't purchase it. You still have 5 exams to take within 2.5 weeks and to review (which should take some time; review mistakes + brush up on your weaker topics).

If you have Kaplan, which I am assuming you do not, it is free.

I found it very useful, but if you still have AAMC 7,8,9,10, and 11 left I wouldn't purchase it. You still have 5 exams to take within 2.5 weeks and to review (which should take some time; review mistakes + brush up on your weaker topics).

If you have Kaplan, which I am assuming you do not, it is free.

I'm gonna have to disagree...I found the self-assessment more representative of the real thing that any of the AAMC's, even AAMC 11.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm gonna have to disagree...I found the self-assessment more representative of the real thing that any of the AAMC's, even AAMC 11.

Def get it

Do you guys think I have enough time to take the BS and PS ones? Because if I do them both, each will take 1 day, and then I have 5 FLs on top of that. Perhaps I should replace aamc 7 with the assessments?

I'm taking my exam 9/7 and did all the self assessments in a few days time. I'm starting my FL 7-11 now haha (I did 5 Kaplan FL's before this so..)

Yeah. Definitely do the self assessments. They were very eye opening, to say the least. (I found them harder than some of my kaplan questions -_-)

I'm taking my exam 9/7 and did all the self assessments in a few days time. I'm starting my FL 7-11 now haha (I did 5 Kaplan FL's before this so..)

Yeah. Definitely do the self assessments. They were very eye opening, to say the least. (I found them harder than some of my kaplan questions -_-)

Welp, looks like I'll be getting them haha. Were they just like a super long FL with sections (physics,chem,bio,ochem) separated? All the passages, etc etc

Do you guys think I have enough time to take the BS and PS ones? Because if I do them both, each will take 1 day, and then I have 5 FLs on top of that. Perhaps I should replace aamc 7 with the assessments?

I think keep #7 too...more AAMC material u do the better...maybe if time is your biggest issue, then condense reviewing the FL's? Like for example, if you're spending one day doing an FL and the next day reviewing...maybe you could do this: (Day 1) Do 1 FL. (Day 2) Do 2nd FL. (Day 3) Review both 1 and 2 FL's. That way you will save one day. This is a stab in the dark as I don't know what ur plan is.

I think keep #7 too...more AAMC material u do the better...maybe if time is your biggest issue, then condense reviewing the FL's? Like for example, if you're spending one day doing an FL and the next day reviewing...maybe you could do this: (Day 1) Do 1 FL. (Day 2) Do 2nd FL. (Day 3) Review both 1 and 2 FL's. That way you will save one day. This is a stab in the dark as I don't know what ur plan is.

That's actually a great idea. Thanks for the advice man! :thumbup:

You've got about two and a half weeks left. That's enough time to do the assessments and the FLs.

I would say do the assessments. Ideally they're used to direct studying, but it'll still probably be helpful for you to use them to simply review over a wide breadth of material before the exam to refresh everything.

You've got about two and a half weeks left. That's enough time to do the assessments and the FLs.

I would say do the assessments. Ideally they're used to direct studying, but it'll still probably be helpful for you to use them to simply review over a wide breadth of material before the exam to refresh everything.

Good point! What do you guys think about me taking a FL every other day FIRST, that way I'll have 4 days left afterwards (taking the 9th +10th off).Then one day for the PS assessment, the next to review the content missed; and the same for BS.

Thanks to all who replied, by the way.:thumbup::thumbup:

Good point! What do you guys think about me taking a FL every other day FIRST, that way I'll have 4 days left afterwards (taking the 9th +10th off).Then one day for the PS assessment, the next to review the content missed; and the same for BS.

Thanks to all who replied, by the way.:thumbup::thumbup:

might be too much...but if u think u're up for the challenge, and don't feel burning out, then by all means, go for it...leave no regrets!